Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

The comedian had not been sentenced to jail, but was due to report to drug court at state Superior Court in Newark, where he was given a drug test. Just weeks after Lange tested positive for cocaine, in violation of his probation, he tested positive for the drug again, says his lawyer, Frank Arleo. The drug court has the authority to remand Lange to jail.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/01/artie-lange-jailed-in-nj-after-he-tested-dirty-for-second-time-in-6-weeks.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
No Aliases?

BABY GORILLA

AxeManiac posted:

The war on drugs is insane, he needs medical help, not prison. Drug addicts don't get better in prison.

I actually know quite a few that did clean up in prison. Hitting rock bottom really did help them.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

It looks like he glued a prune to his upper lip.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
#10yearchallenge. (I suck at paint)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

At least Joe Rogan is doing well

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Former Human posted:

Who's on the right?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The late, great Robert Schimmel. Artie, hosed up as he is, outlived him, Patrice, Greg Giraldo, Mitch Hedberg, and Otto from Otto and George.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Szyznyk posted:

The late, great Robert Schimmel. Artie, hosed up as he is, outlived him, Patrice, Greg Giraldo, Mitch Hedberg, and Otto from Otto and George.

Schimmel was so damned good. :sigh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Former Human posted:

Artie was by no means a model or anything at any point in his life, but he was a reasonably good-looking guy once upon a time, especially by northern New Jersey standards. Definitely a solid six. And now he barely even has a nose.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

djnkro posted:

#10yearchallenge. (I suck at paint)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

This has nothing to do with Artie but I was listening to one of my Jackie megapacks and it was the bit where Stuttering John's roommate calls into the show to rat Jackie out for using his toothbrush. Jackie told John "Of course I didn't use his toothbrush" and then copped to it like twenty minutes later. If I recall, there was an excellent E! show episode based on the incident with a dramatic recreation of Jackie brushing his teeth. So gross. Who uses someone else's toothbrush? I wouldn't even use my wife's. Jackie was really digging deep with it too, it wasn't even a quick once over.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 1, 2019

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

prefect posted:

Schimmel was so damned good. :sigh:

There was an Improv in my city, briefly, and I'm glad I got to catch Schimmel there before both he and it died.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haljordan posted:

This has nothing to do with Artie but I was listening to one of my Jackie megapacks and it was the bit where Stuttering John's roommate calls into the show to rat Jackie out for using his toothbrush. Jackie told John "Of course I didn't use his toothbrush" and then copped to it like twenty minutes later. If I recall, there was an excellent E! show episode based on the incident with a dramatic recreation of Jackie brushing his teeth. So gross. Who uses someone else's toothbrush? I wouldn't even use my wife's. Jackie was really digging deep with it too, it wasn't even a quick once over.

Jackie also stuck his finger in Gay Ramones butt and then started eating ribs without washing his hands.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm glad we got the Artie Hot Ones interview before he died. probably the last piece of media he'll do worth anything

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Apparently Howard was asked to host SNL but he demanded that he, Fred and Jackie write all the skits for the episode. Was that just his way of getting out of doing the show without actually saying no? I know that he had that quick bit on Weekend Update but c'mon, there's no way in hell Lorne Michaels would agree to something like that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s true and he said in hindsight it was a mistake

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

That’s true and he said in hindsight it was a mistake

I bet that episode would've been a total trainwreck lol

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Not only was it super arrogant (I think Howard wanted bragging rights that he and his team did everything) but it was incredibly stupid since it was during the mid 90s when SNL was legendary.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Howard can make other people and situations funny, but I wouldn't trust his writing whatsoever.

Was Fartman ever supposed to be good at all?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

haljordan posted:

Apparently Howard was asked to host SNL but he demanded that he, Fred and Jackie write all the skits for the episode. Was that just his way of getting out of doing the show without actually saying no? I know that he had that quick bit on Weekend Update but c'mon, there's no way in hell Lorne Michaels would agree to something like that.

They should have just had Jackie stand directly behind the camera and laugh like they did on the channel 9 episodes.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

this is Kelly clUarksen

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, does Mamet ever have BAD ideas.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Holy poo poo, does Mamet ever have BAD ideas.

That was the best. Having Howard throw a dildo and then changing it to vibrator thinking that it was "better" lol.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Wait, the white guy with the gangster of love tattoo had another bad idea? Color me surprised.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
To be fair, it was the same bad idea he had before

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'm pretty sure Memet is just picking up where Benjy left off since he's almost never on air anymore and pretty much anything he says on-air is schtick / trolling.

Edit: Contrast this to Brent who, with his lack of self awareness, is in the "any air time at all, even I'm being made to look like an absolute loving moron piece of trailer trash, is good air time" camp.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 5, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Edit: Contrast this to Brent who, with his lack of self awareness, is in the "any air time at all, even I'm being made to look like an absolute loving moron piece of trailer trash, is good air time" camp.

I feel like this was also Sal, Scott the Engineer, and maybe to a lesser extent Ronnie. Maybe not anymore, but at one point or another.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was always a fan of the Alex Jones bits since I hate that piece of poo poo, but now it just makes me giddy knowing that he is going on his show defending that his iodine pills don't actually have asbestos in it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Astro7x posted:

I was always a fan of the Alex Jones bits since I hate that piece of poo poo, but now it just makes me giddy knowing that he is going on his show defending that his iodine pills don't actually have asbestos in it.

Where does he broadcast now? Hasn't every social and streaming service banned him?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Where does he broadcast now? Hasn't every social and streaming service banned him?

Pits of hell, hopefully.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I never get tired of the Alex Jones bits. They are welcome to run it in to the ground because his commercials always make me laugh like a maniac.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bonzo posted:

He still has the website, and whatever service he is using to host his videos is so lovely I can't even scrub through it. He just can't post it anywhere else, like YouTube or Twitter or Facebook. I seriously can't play more than 30 seconds of this without it buffering.

Here is the clips of Mancow that they pulled for today's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3QiSc8Dv0Q

Edit: Literally half of the video is them just playing the bits lifted from Stern, followed by a real commercial for hemp oil.

Edit 2: gently caress it, not giving his site traffic, found the same clip on YouTube

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 5, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Astro7x posted:

He still has the website, and whatever service he is using to host his videos is so lovely I can't even scrub through it. He just can't post it anywhere else, like YouTube or Twitter or Facebook. I seriously can't play more than 30 seconds of this without it buffering.

Edit: Literally half of the video is them just playing the bits lifted from Stern, followed by a real commercial for hemp oil.

Edit 2: gently caress it, not giving his site traffic, found the same clip on YouTube

Wait, wait wait, hold the gently caress on... I can't click on that because I'm at work, and really don't want anything like that in my browser history, so here's my question based on the title of that video: Is Alex Jones berating Stern for somehow making fun of Sandy Hook victims? Is that actually a thing that's happening?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, wait wait, hold the gently caress on... I can't click on that because I'm at work, and really don't want anything like that in my browser history, so here's my question based on the title of that video: Is Alex Jones berating Stern for somehow making fun of Sandy Hook victims? Is that actually a thing that's happening?

Exactly.

Jones gets pulled off of Roku because one of the parents of a Sandy Hook victim complains that Jone's listeners are going to his house because of the poo poo he is spewing. Jones claims he never sent people to these parent's homes, but doesn't refute the claim that he said it was a hoax. Howard then makes fun of Jones with the bit that he plays, the radio birthday shoutout to Michael the Sandy Hook crisis actor, the game sponsored by SandyHooksAHoax.com, etc. So now Howard is making fun of the dead Sandy Hook children, which is essentially the same thing Jones got pulled off social media for, but Howard is not getting taken off the air because he is part of the globalist conspiracy or something.

It's extreme mental gymnastics. I don't know if it's all in the YouTube clip (which is 15 min vs. 20 min), but uh... yeah, that's what they are trying to accuse Howard of doing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Exactly.

Jones gets pulled off of Roku because one of the parents of a Sandy Hook victim complains that Jone's listeners are going to his house because of the poo poo he is spewing. Jones claims he never sent people to these parent's homes, but doesn't refute the claim that he said it was a hoax. Howard then makes fun of Jones with the bit that he plays, the radio birthday shoutout to Michael the Sandy Hook crisis actor, the game sponsored by SandyHooksAHoax.com, etc. So now Howard is making fun of the dead Sandy Hook children, which is essentially the same thing Jones got pulled off social media for, but Howard is not getting taken off the air because he is part of the globalist conspiracy or something.

It's extreme mental gymnastics. I don't know if it's all in the YouTube clip (which is 15 min vs. 20 min), but uh... yeah, that's what they are trying to accuse Howard of doing

I truly and unrelentingly hate Alex Jones so loving much.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man that YouTube comments section is wild. It takes a special type of delusion to say Sandy Hook didn't happen.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's your problem, man?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Astro7x posted:

lol imagine being such a shitbag that Real Player won't even let you stream anymore.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

beep by grandpa posted:

What's your problem, man?

Im about meetin' girls, im about meetin' guys. Im scores man.
Scores man got a tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
and whoever doesn't like it can go gently caress themselves