Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

lol if you don't run your hands over all the boners

If you have VR you get to do exactly this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The future of gaming is here, and predictably, people are figuring out bold new ways of filling it with dicks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

The future of gaming is here, and predictably, people are figuring out bold new ways of filling it with dicks.

It's the most obvious thing to do with Dreams

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

Its a Doom RPG clone! (I never played doom rpg I'm just guessing from the name)

The Doom RPGs, the Wolfenstein RPGs, and Orcs and Elves were all first person dungeon crawlers with turn based combat and story that consisted of basically a single paragraph of "kill all [enemy]"

In short they are the five best games ever made for non-smart phones and the best thing id will ever produce.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

RBA Starblade posted:

It's the most obvious thing to do with Dreams

One day archaeologists are going to definitively uncover the very first expression of human artistry and it's gonna be a cock & balls.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Dreams actually honest to god coming out this year?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is Dreams actually honest to god coming out this year?

Theoretically, yes?

Am I hoping it comes bundled with updated versions of Klik and Play example games? Also yes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

One day archaeologists are going to definitively uncover the very first expression of human artistry and it's gonna be a cock & balls.

One of the oldest known artifacts in the world is a figurine of a big titty woman so yeah that's pretty likely

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Katamari, but every object you roll is a dick

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
katamari phallusy

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
loving :lol: at the crochet section in RE2 :allears:

I love that they completely didn't have to add that bit but did it anyway

edit: amazing bit of autocorrect there, I'm sure you can all figure it out though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

katamari phallusy

Wasn't this Noby Noby Boy?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

The correct name for the genre is "Rooty tooty shoot and looty".

thank you

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just checking in to say that I am still very excited to play Wargroove and I wish it was Friday so I could play Wargroove now

Going by yesterday's Game Informer video, there's a lot more to it than I realized there'd be. Like I didn't know there was an Arcade Mode for each commander, or a bunch of special puzzle maps, and things like that. I also think the whole "every unit has unique criteria for when it can do a critical hit" system is cool and has a lot of potential.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 31, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have $15 in store credit on my Nintendo eShop account. How long does that stay on your account for?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wargroove looks awesome, and I want to buy it on Steam. I see that it has a map editor with a way to share your maps with the community, and that is really awesome.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Wargroove looks awesome, and I want to buy it on Steam. I see that it has a map editor with a way to share your maps with the community, and that is really awesome.

I think it even has a full-on campaign editor. So not only can you make maps, you can put them together as part of a bigger map and make a whole custom campaign to share.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Supposedly the editor it's shipping with is the same tool the devs used to build the actual campaigns

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
It also has asynchronous multiplayer and crossplay, both of which are also awesome. Good to know I can get owned by people on any platform*!

* except PS4 because Sony

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

#fukkenrekt

E: This was a pretty solid one though.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 31, 2019

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtyAgileButterflyPicoMause

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

where's the true doom murderheads column

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I can't believe there are at least 9 ways to not play Anthem.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wargroove comes out tomorrow? Already?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who cares. Sunless Skies is out right now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Does it have garbage gameplay like the first one or did they fix it?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I strongly doubt they fixed it, because every game of theirs that I played felt like they knew what games like were as a concept, but did not understand what made them fun.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Wargroove comes out tomorrow? Already?

yeah they announced the release date only about a week ago

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
“I like when game companies make these charts because it makes it easy for me to decide which games I'm never going to buy”

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

“I like when game companies make these charts because it makes it easy for me to decide which games I'm never going to buy”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do any versions come with figures you can shove up your butt? Where's that chart jerks?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

yeah they announced the release date only about a week ago

i might honestly buy it on switch and steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Easy Allies has a preview of Rage 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWtMRzmHJ5I

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That chart would be less annoying if it weren't for the demo and 10-hour trial columns, because then it boils down to:
  • Origin Access Premier members get access to the full game on February 15.
  • Everyone else who buys the game, whether you preorder it or not, can start playing on February 22.
Done. Including a column for "do I get to play the demo" is dumb because the answer is "yes, because it's open to everyone with a system that can play it," and including that 10-hour trial column just makes it look more confusing and patchwork than it really is. And without those columns, it doesn't even need to be a chart.

I can sort of see why they have the 10-hour trial column in there because maybe it's confusing to people that Origin Access Basic/EA Access members can sort of play the game early but don't have full, unlimited access like Premier members do, but at the same time, its positioning just makes the whole thing look like a weird, complicated preorder scheme where you have to pick an option that locks you out of other options or something.

(Sorry, I'm a tech writer and I get annoyed at annoying ways of formatting information that make really simple things look more complicated than they actually are)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I am counting down the hours till I'm off work and can play it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
It's overcomplicated to try and mask the 'later release for poors' element

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pulling out my slide ruler to work out when I am allowed to play the video game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Seven whole days seems kind of unbalancing from the whole PvE perspective, like many people will probably have already hit max level by then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's overcomplicated to try and mask the 'later release for poors' element

No it's not a later releasefor poors, it's an earlier release for devoted true believers and taste makers.

I want to see one of these early release schemes bomb so badly that it torpedoes the actual release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk about Anthem but the Hitman 2 early edition was like £80 and that is too much for a video game