Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i've never seen much of Jerry Lawler's work, are there some essential matches I should see? I've heard the Bret match at Summerslam is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
In WWF, his No Way Out 01 match vs Stevie Richards is just so good. Lawler is a master at working face.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Low Desert Punk posted:

i've never seen much of Jerry Lawler's work, are there some essential matches I should see? I've heard the Bret match at Summerslam is pretty good

watch his feud with Bockwinkel in Memphis

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Low Desert Punk posted:

empty arena match

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

exploded mummy posted:

exploded mummy posted:

exploded mummy posted:

exploded mummy posted:

I want $500 per post!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

where can I watch this? I dunno if Memphis stuff is on the network, but it doesn't really matter because I don't give WWE money

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Low Desert Punk posted:

where can I watch this? I dunno if Memphis stuff is on the network, but it doesn't really matter because I don't give WWE money

Almost all of Memphis is on YouTube

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Smoking Crow posted:

Almost all of Memphis is on YouTube

its all public domain through some clerical gently caress up isnt it?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerry Jarrett never copyrighted Memphis TV

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

whats going on with jason jordan? is he like done?

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 1, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He got that Edge Neck. He's been in production, apparently.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"Pomp and Circumstance" is a public domain song, no? Why did WCW insist on doing such a lovely electric guitar version of it? And did Jimmy Hart somehow forget how to make a decent song once he left WWF?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The composition itself is public domain, but specific recordings are (or can be) copyrighted. As for why? Well, it was WCW.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pope Corky the IX posted:

"Pomp and Circumstance" is a public domain song, no? Why did WCW insist on doing such a lovely electric guitar version of it? And did Jimmy Hart somehow forget how to make a decent song once he left WWF?

The Wolfpac song owned

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I know that a lot of vitriol is directed towards Nia for her spot on the card in relation to her talent but a podcast mentioned Tamina being terrible and I was wondering...how long/what wrestling experience does Tamina have? She's not injuring people but she seems to be too green to be put on television.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

I know that a lot of vitriol is directed towards Nia for her spot on the card in relation to her talent but a podcast mentioned Tamina being terrible and I was wondering...how long/what wrestling experience does Tamina have? She's not injuring people but she seems to be too green to be put on television.

She's been wrestling since 2009, cagematch.net says she's wrestled in 502 matches. She's not green, she's just bad.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tamina knows how to wrestle?

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

And did Jimmy Hart somehow forget how to make a decent song once he left WWF?
AMERICAN MALES
AMERICAN MALES
AMERICAN MALES
AMERICAN MALES
AMERICAN MALES
AMERICAN MALES
AMERICAN MALES

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Do the ripoff songs count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUzz3M_D8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YsUEFf521I

Then there was also Crow Sting and the final Horsemen theme. Dunno if he composed them.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Can one of you nerds find me the video of Team Hell no where you hear some dude going "that's a spicy meatball!"?

Thanks bless you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is there a thread for match recommendations? If not, I am looking for match recommendations to watch.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Is there a thread for match recommendations? If not, I am looking for match recommendations to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inefkx6AftA

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Kimoa Kid posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878790

That's the 2019 recommended thread, phone posting so don't want to look for last year's but it'll be around a page or 2 back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Kimoa Kid posted:

As posted above, that thread's also supposed to serve as a catchall recommendation thread (not just for 2019 matches) though obviously the MOTYs will dominate.

If you want a breakdown of a specific type of matches to recommend you can also try the Wrestling Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread thread.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

The Wolfpac song owned

It belongs in the cover club.

Militia - Burn

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Have Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt ever worked together in WWE since their respective gimmicks were started, or has WWE ever acknowledged their connection?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Have Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt ever worked together in WWE since their respective gimmicks were started, or has WWE ever acknowledged their connection?

I don't think so, to either. b team vs Hardy/Wyatt may have even been the first time they wrestled on wwe tv.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think they acknowledged it off-air when they took time off for Blackjack Mulligan dying.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I always wanted Bo to join the Wyatt's as the White suited Preacher face of their True Detective themed stable, but sadly nothing cool was ever really done with the Wyatt's outside of the Shield feud.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The B-Team and Matt/Bray had a match or two. I forget exactly what the details were, but Cole called Bray hitting Bo brother on brother violence that was edited out of the replay.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

shiksa posted:

I don't think so, to either. b team vs Hardy/Wyatt may have even been the first time they wrestled on wwe tv.

There was also a very brief period where the Social Outcasts were treated as a borderline capable face team and had a match against the Wyatt Family.

remusclaw posted:

I always wanted Bo to join the Wyatt's as the White suited Preacher face of their True Detective themed stable, but sadly nothing cool was ever really done with the Wyatt's outside of the Shield feud.

I used to think that Bo Dallas could have been the one to unite the (heel) New Day and Wyatt Family into some kind of weirdo Corporate Ministry type stable.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is Virgil/Vincent a lovely person? Like, the lonelyvirgil meme is pretty funny but only funny because I've heard he's a prick IRL. I try to be as nice as possible to wrestlers unlike a lot of other people online because these are just folks doing their best to make a living and the idea one of them is old and broken down and nobody cares about them is pretty tragic.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Has it been addressed why the team is called Mustache Mountain when both dudes clearly have full beards?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Is Virgil/Vincent a lovely person? Like, the lonelyvirgil meme is pretty funny but only funny because I've heard he's a prick IRL. I try to be as nice as possible to wrestlers unlike a lot of other people online because these are just folks doing their best to make a living and the idea one of them is old and broken down and nobody cares about them is pretty tragic.
I mean, he's carny as gently caress. Colt felt the need to put a little disclaimer before his interview with him saying "Y'know, Virgil's from the generation where they just saw this as a job and a way to get money..."

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

NikkolasKing posted:

He routinely (or well, used to anyway) lie about ted dibiase appearing at signings in order to make himself look more appealing. He has a long string of kind of silly bullshit attempts at businesses and stuff like that. As far as lovely person as in rapes children and beats up women, I doubt it, he's just kind of a dildo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Has it been addressed why the team is called Mustache Mountain when both dudes clearly have full beards?

When it was founded they just had moustaches and they can't well change the name now!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Platypus Farm posted:

He routinely (or well, used to anyway) lie about ted dibiase appearing at signings in order to make himself look more appealing. He has a long string of kind of silly bullshit attempts at businesses and stuff like that. As far as lovely person as in rapes children and beats up women, I doubt it, he's just kind of a dildo.
#FuckMoney

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

NikkolasKing posted:

He’s not lovely, but don’t make eye contact with him at a convention. He really wants your money.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
This is an odd question about gear/attires. I assume that the guys wear something underneath trunks or tights? (I know about the Al Snow penis suplex story and the jobber on Velocity/Heat/ECW whose knob fell out)
Same with women. They must wear extra undearneath layers or more than one bra? The amount of near naked folk we watch I'm surprised that more wardrobe malfunctions don't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

MisterGBH posted:

This is an odd question about gear/attires. I assume that the guys wear something underneath trunks or tights? (I know about the Al Snow penis suplex story and the jobber on Velocity/Heat/ECW whose knob fell out)
Same with women. They must wear extra undearneath layers or more than one bra? The amount of near naked folk we watch I'm surprised that more wardrobe malfunctions don't happen.

they don't wear extra layers. the women fall out of their tops all the time. it's unusual for Asuka or Charlotte to finish a match without slipping out at least once. i've seen Dolph Ziggler's rear end crack numerous times whenever his opponent pulls his tights on a pin. one time AJ Styles got a hole in the rear of his pants right in front of his rear end in a top hat, and the viewers could see it. the women wear flesh-colored tights usually, i guess to hide gross bruises and leg hair, but that's it.