Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

The good doctor knows what he's doing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
JUMP IN

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

No time to worry about where you’re going. You leap into a tornado of light. It whirls around you, faster and faster. Your body stretches like taffy...

Then, with a SNAP! You’re back to normal.

You’re in sunshine, in the middle of the street. A horn blares behind you as a school bus screeches to a halt.

Wait a minute. It’s not just any school bus. It’s your school bus. The one you missed at the start of this strange adventure!

“I would’ve stopped,” the annoyed bus driver tells you. “You didn’t have to get yourself almost run over.”

You climb aboard, clutching your schoolbooks. Where did they come from? You don’t know. And what happened to Dr. Doof? Certainly, there’s no sign of him here.

A breeze blows a piece of paper through the bus window. It’s a page from a comic. It has only one large panel.

A chill runs down your spine when you see the picture. It shows a horrified Dr. Doof, frozen in the act of jumping through a hole in space...

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 4/4:siren:

Bad Endings
Hunted down and devoured by a pair of cannibalistic children.
Yanked into a pool of black goo by a lizard-monster's tongue.
Absorbed by Milo's Glob transformation.
Transformed into King Jellyjam and forced to perform in Milo's show.
Eaten by Milo's King Jellyjam transformation after failing to kill him.
Ran into a dead end and got our head twisted off by Frankenstein.
Eaten by a hybrid monster while trying to save our rescuer.
Trapped in a world of insect people with no way home.
Drained to a husk by millions of tiny gray bugs.
Eaten in one bite by a snake woman.
Smeared into an inkblot along with Wally after he used the magic words too many times.
Lost control of our flight powers and splattered ourself across the surface of the moon.
Accidentally set the comic book we're trapped in on fire with magma-vision.
Teleported to the center of the star Vega.
Disintegrated by an unconfrabulator accident.
Died of super-anaphylactic shock from a radioactive bug bite.

Achievements
Easy One, Doesn't Count: Got a goal ending on our first try for the second time.
Trial and Error... and Error... and Error...: Encountered a total of 200 bad endings.
Cold Storage: Escaped the monster maze by getting caught in a poorly-designed trap.
Blotted Out: Saw Wally push his luck one too many times.

Kind of a downer to end on, but don't feel too bad: one of the other endings reveals that Dr. Doof was planning on conquering the real world if he made it through safely.

Sadly, despite all the buildup, there are no endings where we jump around too many times and get turned into an inkblot. We can literally take every single opportunity the book gives us to switch comics without a problem.

Next time, we encounter an evil Chuck E. Cheese's, the anti-Denny, and one of my personal favorite villains in this series.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It feels like I just spent my entire life in comics.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

So the next book is about a regular Chuck E. Cheese, then?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

If this next book has facecam youtubers overreacting to jump scares I'm out.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 1, 2019

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

While we're between books, I hope that everyone reading this thread has encountered Goofbumps: Welcome to The Sand Hands which, as I understand it, was written by a neural net that had been fed goosebumps cyoa books and then edited by a team of humans. It's worth a read through yourself!

quote:

"What are you waiting for?" Zoe teases, flipping her baseball cap around backwards. "Are you afraid of here?"
"I'm not afraid of anything," you lie. "I'm just hungry."
"There's an apple tree on the bridge," Zoe laughs firmly.
Ol' White Teeth is right: you can squint at the tree from here. Today is very unlucky.
You feel lightheaded as you start across the bridge. The creaking of the planks makes your heart shake. Maybe I am hungry; you think as Zoe playfully shoves you forward.
"Come on, scaredy-belly. Eat your weight in fruit."
Eventually you're standing next to the tree. You grab a handful of apple, and turn it up to your face. Then, just when you're about to bite in, you hear the King of Rodents whisper in your ear, "Aaiiiiiieee."
"What was that sound?" you as bravely, even though you don't want to be poisoned.
"Eat it up you snag stick," Zoe replies.
You're hungry, but are you that hungry?

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 31, 2019

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
I always knew Skaven were somewhere in the books.

Edit: My favorite's the microphone dog.

The Bold Kobold fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 2, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

If this next book has facecam youtubers overreacting to jump scares I'm out.

Fun fact: R.L Stine wanted to make wholesome Christian books but switched to horror when he was told his writing style was too creepy. :v:

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Octatonic posted:

While we're between books, I hope that everyone reading this thread has encountered Goofbumps: Welcome to The Sand Hands which, as I understand it, was written by a neural net that had been fed goosebumps cyoa books and then edited by a team of humans. It's worth a read through yourself!

And yet it's still better written than Night in Werewolf Woods.

GIVE YOURSELF GOOSEBUMPS #18: ATTACK OF THE BEASTLY BABY-SITTER

quote:

DING DONG!

“Get the door, please!” your mom calls from upstairs. “It’s the baby-sitter from Fun and Games KidsCare.”

“I’m too old for a baby-sitter!” you yell for the hundredth time. “Stinko’s the one who needs a baby-sitter. Or maybe a zookeeper would be better!”

“Mom!” your six-year-old brother whines. “I’m not a Stinko!”

“Stop calling your brother that silly name,” your mother scolds as she hurries down the stairs. “I don’t have time for arguments. Dad is waiting for me in the car.” She smooths her hair. “Now, answer the door and be nice. I don’t want you torturing this baby-sitter like you did the last one.”

“Who, me?” you ask innocently.

Your mother rolls her eyes.

DING DONG! DING DONG!

“I’m coming. I’m coming.” You shuffle to the door and throw it open.

And come face-to-face with a giant pink bubble.

quote:

POP! The huge bubble bursts in the face of a mousy-looking girl. “Hey,” she greets you. She peels the gum glob off the tip of her pointy nose. “How’s it going?”

You check her out. Straight brown hair hangs down to her waist. A long tie-dyed skirt and tank top droop on her thin frame. You know the perfect word for this girl: “hippie”!

Your mom joins you at the door. “Are you Mary Ellen?”

“Zoe,” the hippie corrects her. “From KidsCare.” She marches past you and your mom, straight into your living room. “Sorry I’m late. Traffic was nuts. Some car went into a ditch.”

“I thought our baby-sitter’s name was Mary Ellen.” Your mom steps toward Zoe. But then your dad honks the horn in the driveway. Your mom shrugs. “I must have heard wrong.”

“No prob,” Zoe says. She tucks her hair behind one ear.

Your eyes widen when you spot the tattoo of a rat on her earlobe. You’ve seen some strange tattoos, but a rat? Weird!

Zoe notices you looking at her ear. She quickly yanks her hair back into place. Then she smiles at your mom. “You go enjoy your weekend. Zoe will take care of everything.”

For some reason, you don’t like the way Zoe said that.

quote:

“Um, Mom?” you begin. Then you stop yourself. You complained all day about having a baby-sitter. You’d seem like a real baby if you confessed that Zoe makes you nervous.

“We’ll be back the day after tomorrow,” your mom promises. Then she gives you a hard look. “And I expect everything to go just fine here.”

“Never fear, KidsCare is here,” Zoe recites. She reaches into her huge shoulder bag and pulls out a bag of chips. She starts munching.

Was it your imagination, or did Zoe say “Kid-Scare”?

Zoe shuts the door behind your mom. You jump when the phone rings.

“I’ll get it!” Stinko hollers. He races to the phone. “Hello!” he bleats into the receiver. “Mary Ellen? There’s no Mary Ellen here. Oh, you’re Mary Ellen. Well, that’s okay. We already have a baby-sitter. Bye!” He hangs up.

“What was that about?” you ask.

“Some baby-sitter named Mary Ellen,” Stinko replies. “Her car went off the road. Don’t worry. I told her we already have a baby-sitter and we don’t need another one.”

“Mary Ellen?” you repeat.

quote:

That’s strange, you think. You turn to face Zoe. “Mary Ellen was the name Mom –“

“Forget it,” Zoe cuts you off. “We’ve got better things to do than worry about some bad driver named Mary Ellen.”

“Like what?” you grumble. You’re already sure you’re going to be bored this whole weekend.

“Like this!” Zoe reaches into her huge bag and pulls out a giant game spinner.

“Whoah!” Stinko exclaims. “What’s that?”

You don’t want to seem too interested, but you can’t help peeking at it out of the corner of your eye.

The first thing you notice is a silhouette of a rat in the center. Just like the tattoo on Zoe’s ear!

This girl has rats on the brain, you think.

You move forward to get a closer look. The spinner is divided into two sections. One section says FUN. The other section says GAMES.

“It’s up to you now.” Zoe holds the spinner in front of you. “What happens next is your choice. What’s it going to be? Fun or games?”

Turn to the Spinner on PAGE 136.

If your finger stops on FUN, turn to PAGE 32.

If your finger stops on GAMES, turn to PAGE 100.

quote:

FUN AND GAMES SPINNER

This is your Official Spinner. Guard it with your life! This Spinner will help you make important choices throughout the Attack of the Beastly Baby-sitter. Follow these simple finger-spinning instructions each time you use the spinner.

Finger-Spinning Instructions: There are four Choice Rings in this Spinner. Place your index finger on the correct Choice Ring. Close your eyes (no peeking!). Circle your finger around and around and around (keep circling!) until you feel like stopping. Open your eyes. Read the word under your finger. Your choice has been made for you!

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 0/3

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Fun!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

In the spirit of randomness, the minute hand says Games to me.

The Bold Kobold posted:

Edit: My favorite's the microphone dog.

My favorite ending is the one where you become the guitarist for Rush and the crowd beats up your vampire step children. If you're reading this tag without having read the book, I promise you that this is real.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 2, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fun

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Somebody say fun?

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Rats are cool, good, and Fun

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Time for fun.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Fun! Hooray!” Zoe cheers when your finger lands on FUN.

“Fun! Fun!” Stinko crows happily. He claps his hands.

“Whoopee,” you mutter.

“Time for the fun to begin! Follow me!” Zoe orders. Adjusting her large shoulder bag, she races out the back door. Stinko grabs his red baseball cap and darts after her. You follow reluctantly.

Zoe pulls a huge silver disk out of her bag. She yanks a metal loop in the center of it. The disk opens into a dome shape. Zoe places it on the lawn. It comes up to your chest.

“Wow! Where did you get that thing?” You ask.

Zoe ignores you, touching a spot on the side of the dome. The door slides open. “Enter the DiskGoTech!” she commands.

“Neat!” Stinko scurries into the dome. Without giving you a chance to argue, Zoe shoves you inside. Then she crawls in after you. The door slides shut.

You have to scrunch to fit inside the cramped space. “Gee, this is too much fun for me,” you grumble.

Zoe glares at you.

Then an engine rumbles. And the dome starts spinning!

“Next stop, the Fun Zone!” Zoe cries.

quote:

This isn’t fun at all! You feel dizzy and nauseous. Luckily, the spinning stops before you toss your cookies.

The door slides open. You hear organ music and kids screaming. The smell of Nachos fills the air.

“Awesome! Thanks, Zoe!” Stinko runs out of the dome.

You exit slowly, trying to regain your balance – and your lunch! “Where are we?” you ask.

Zoe points to a neon yellow sign.

“’KidScare Fun Zone,’” you read aloud.

KidScare?

Hmmm...

You gaze at the huge indoor playground in front of you. Just beyond the turnstiles, kids jump into an Olympic pool-sized pit, filled with colorful plastic balls.

Baby stuff, you think. But the slides aimed down tubes that look like tornado funnels seem kind of fun. And the pitch-dark cave entrances dotting the far walls look cool.

“Wait here,” Zoe orders. “I have to check in.”

Zoe strolls through a turnstile. A second later, Stinko dashes behind Zoe into the play area.

“Stinko!” you shout. “Get back here, you dumbo!”

quote:

“What a pain!” you mutter. You push through the turnstile to tell Zoe what happened. After all, she’s the baby-sitter. Let her deal with Stinko.

Zoe is talking to another girl – another girl in hippie clothes. The baby-sitter is so deep in conversation that she didn’t even notice Stinko’s mad dash into the Fun Zone.

The two hippie girls are laughing about something. As you get closer, you hear what they’re saying.

“Getting rid of Mary Ellen was easy,” Zoe boasts. “The old giant-rat-in-the-road trick. Made her swerve into a ditch. Works every time. Now the two brats are ours!”

A shudder runs through you. What could Zoe be talking about? She sounds crazy. And dangerous!

Don’t panic, you tell yourself. There must be an explanation for what Zoe just said.

Should you listen to find out what else this weird baby-sitter will say? Or do you go after Stinko yourself and get out of here?

If you stay to hear more, turn to PAGE 61.

If you go after Stinko, turn to PAGE 79.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Stay a while and listen.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe our character bullies hippies.

Listen!

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Doesn't matter, now listen!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ah yes, that old giant-rat-in-the-road trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRnW89EsxI

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You figure Stinko will be fine playing in the Fun Zone. In fact, he’ll probably be furious when you try to get him to leave. It’s more important to find out what Zoe has to say.

You spot a stack of boxes. Quickly, you duck behind them. As you crouch down, you notice they are marked SWITCH CHEESE.

Hmm. You frown. Must mean Swiss cheese.

Oops! Your shoulder knocks against a box. You try to grab it, but it crashes to the floor. It breaks open.

Yecch! A horrible stench fills the air. Rotting rounds of orange cheese roll from the boxes.

Thousands of fat, slimy white worms wriggle out of the cheese and squirm at your feet.

Oh – gross!

quote:

“What was that?” you hear Zoe demand.

“A box fell, that’s all,” the other girl reassures her.

You press yourself against the wall and try not to move. Which is really hard to do with dozens of gross worms inching their way up your legs. You shake your legs one at a time.

No use.

The worms cling like lint on an old sock. You want to scream, but you hold it in.

Zoe rushes over to the spilled cheese. You hold your breath and try to ignore the worms crawling across your body.

Zoe bends down and examines a hunk of worm-covered orange cheese. “Waste not, want not,” she says with a grin. Then she tosses the squirming cheese into her mouth.

You gasp at the repulsive sight.

Zoe spins in your direction.

Uh-oh! You just gave yourself away!

Now what are you going to do?

quote:

Zoe peeks around the cheese boxes. Her eyes narrow when she sees you.

“You little brat!” she growls. She reaches for you.

You shove the stack of wormy cheese boxes onto her. Cheese flies everywhere. She’s covered with cheese crumbs and zillions of worms.

You don’t waste a minute. You race toward an EXIT sign in the distance.

“Get that kid!” Zoe screams through her mask of worms. The other hippie girl trips over the cheese boxes. You’ve got a good head start, you tell yourself.

But when you reach the EXIT sign, you discover it’s not really an exit. It actually says: NO EXIT. EMPLOYEES ONLY.

Next to the door is one of the dark cave entrances. Over it a sign announces: THIS WAY TO WEIRD WOODS.

You glance behind you. Zoe is catching up. And she’s not alone! Choose!

If you go through the EMPLOYEES ONLY door, turn to PAGE 16.

If you dash into the cave toward Weird Woods, turn to PAGE 80.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Let's cheese it to the Weird Woods

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, that's gross.

chitoryu12 posted:

:emptyquote:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

:hmmyes:

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You dash through the cave and step out into an enormous jungle setting. Plastic rocks jut out like cliffs. Fake plants tower overhead. Exotic smells and sounds fill the air.

Awesome! you think. This Fun Zone building must be huge!

Right in front of you, a bridge stretches across a deep, dark canyon. A thick mist makes it impossible for you to see where the bridge leads. Or what might be on the other side.

But Zoe is definitely on this side. Glancing back, you see her racing toward you. “Not that way!” she cries.

So she doesn’t want you going over the bridge. Then that’s just what you’ll do! You step onto the wobbly rope floor. It shakes so badly, you almost fall over the side!

Hmmmm. Maybe this was a bad idea.

“Get back here, you brat!” Zoe yells at you.

No way, you think. She is one rotten baby-sitter!

You dart along the shaky rope bridge. After you’ve gone about halfway, it begins to sway back and forth.

You clutch the rope railings. You feel as if you’re riding a wild ride at an amusement park.

Only, you’re not amused!

You’re losing your footing. You’re losing your grip!

Oh, no! You’re going to fall!

quote:

“Aaaaaaah!” you shriek. The swinging bridge hurls you headfirst over the side.

You wave your arms frantically, trying to grab hold of something – anything – to keep you from plummeting into the deep canyon.

You’re in luck! Your fingers connect with the rope. You clutch it tightly.

But can you hold on? Your arm muscles burn as you reach up to the bridge with your other hand. You grab empty air. You reach again. Nothing.

Your feet dangle below you. You glance down. It’s a long drop.

Whoops!

You shouldn’t have looked.

Now your hand is sweating, making it hard to hold on.

You’re slipping!

quote:

Just in time, a hand reaches out of the swirling orange mist. It grabs you.

“It’s okay,” a boy’s voice reassures you. “You’re safe.”

Your rescuer starts to pull you back up onto the bridge. The mist is so thick that all you can see of him is a red baseball cap. And his hand clasping your wrist.

Yikes! That’s no ordinary hand! A scruffy patch of fur grows across his knuckles. And his fingers aren’t fingers.

They’re claws.

quote:

You gasp at the sight of the clawed hand. But you’re not going to let your fear keep you from being rescued!

“Thanks for saving me,” you tell the boy as he pulls you to safety. You peer at him. He looks a little older than Stinko, but younger than you.

“I’m David.” He holds out his hairy hand to shake. But when he sees you staring at it, he shoves it into his pocket.

“Wh-wh-what happened to you?” you stammer.

“I don’t know,” David admits. “It started as soon as the KidScare baby-sitter went to check in at the gate.”

“Hey! We came with a sitter from the same agency!” you cry.

“There’s something really weird going on here,” David warns you. “The babysitters are evil.”

“Evil?” Your voice trembles. “What do you –“

“Sshhh!” David interrupts you. “Listen!”

You hear voices approaching. One is Zoe’s.

“We can’t let them find us!” David gasps. “Follow me!”

You’re not sure if you trust this kid. That hairy hand of his gives you the creeps.

But so does Zoe! And she’s getting closer.

If you decide to trust this strange boy, go to PAGE 125.

If you'd rather go your own way, turn to PAGE 55.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Trust the boy. Zoe being evil is... not exactly surprising, or at least it shouldn't be

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trust our new hairy-palmed friend

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4

let's just call it another lonely day

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 5, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Let's trust him, I guess.

Also, I meant to comment on this a few updates back, but how did his parents think their babysitter was named "Mary-Ellen" and just accept a babysitter with a completely different name? They didn't even ask to see her credentials! Goosebumps parents! :argh:

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Trust him.

Regarding that cheese, Zoe and company might not be monsters, just cheese connoisseurs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, that's kinda gross.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

PumpkinBat posted:

Trust him.

Regarding that cheese, Zoe and company might not be monsters, just cheese connoisseurs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Waylaying teenagers, causing car crashes, dissapearing children, and getting sick rat tattoos, all in service of illegal cheese smuggling. RL's ghostwriters doing some real ripped from the headlines poo poo here.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

He may be weird-looking, but you trust David. Besides, how much choice do you have?

“Okay,” you agree. “Which way?”

“Follow me,” he whispers. He holds out his claw.

Taking a deep breath, you grasp his furry hand. Shivers race along your neck. But by holding hands and clutching the side rails, the two of you are able to keep your balance.

“Made it!” you cheer, stepping onto solid ground.

David glances over his shoulder. “Hurry. We don’t have much time! The baby-sitters are headed this way.”

This side of the canyon doesn’t look like a forest at all. Instead of lush plants and bushes, you seem to be in a large gymnasium. The towering trees lining the edge of the canyon hid the setup completely, you realize.

“Owww!” You tumble over with a thud. You were so busy gazing around that you never noticed – you walked right into two rows of tires lying on the ground.

David yanks you upright. “What’re you’re going.”

Lifting your knees high, you dash through the tires. Then you and David come to a towering wall. Ropes dangle from the top of it.

“We’ve got to climb over that?” you gasp.

quote:

“I don’t think I can make it over that wall,” you confess.

“Would you rather face Zoe and the baby-sitters?” David demands.

You sigh. “You’ve got a point.”

You grab the rope and start climbing. David climbs the rope beside you. Hand over hairy claw.

“This is like an obstacle course in the army,” you huff.

“That’s exactly what it is,” David explains. “We all have to go through it. It’s one of the tests.”

Huh? What is he talking about?

But you don’t have enough breath to ask.

When you reach the top, something occurs to you. “Hey,” you call, jumping off the wall after David. “How did you know my baby-sitter’s name is Zoe? I never told you.”

“Shhhh!” David holds his claw up to his lips. He points to someone ahead of you. A figure in a military uniform.

“We’re here,” David announces.

The uniformed person turns around and faces you.

But it isn’t a person.

It’s a giant, human-sized rat!

quote:

You gasp in horror. But the horror mixes with anger as David salutes the giant rat!

It was a trap, you realize. David is part of this horrible nightmare.

You’re too shocked even to yell at him.

“Good work, David,” the rat says. “You’ve brought in another recruit for the rat-people’s army.”

Hey.

You recognize that voice.

And now that you peer closer, you recognize the face under all that rat fur.

Zoe!

quote:

“You deserve a reward,” Zoe the rat continues. “Come forward for your Switch Cheese.”

David steps forward and takes the cheese from Zoe’s outstretched claw. He pops it into his mouth. Your eyes widen as you watch the incredible changes taking place.

More fur grows on David’s clawed hand. His face narrows and becomes pointy. Whiskers sprout under his new nose. His eyes turn beady and black.

Now David is more rat than kid!

“Your turn.” Zoe holds a piece of Switch Cheese toward you. “This cheese will turn you into one of us. Then you can join our army.”

You stare at her.

“It will be easier on you if you do as I say,” Zoe warns. “We’re taking over.”

If you decide to join the rat-people's army, turn to PAGE 104.

If you refuse to eat the cheese, turn to PAGE 115.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a divergence from how these books usually work? Normally, not trusting the mysterious helper who appeared out of nowhere is the bad choice.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Skaven always was my favorite Warhammer army

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Join the rats

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
gently caress yeah, rat-people army

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Accept the strip mall recruiter’s offer

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Unsurprisingly, choosing to join the rat army does not work out well for us.

quote:

You give up. You blew it. You never should have trusted a kid with a furry claw instead of fingers!

“Eat the cheese!” David squeaks.

“Be one of us.” Zoe pushes you to the ground and shoves the cheese under your nose. “Be all you can be.”

Zoe presses the chunk of Switch Cheese against your mouth. You struggle, but Zoe just presses down harder. Dry crumbs stick to your lips. Your tongue darts out. You can’t help it. You swallow.

Tingles shoot through your body. Fur sprouts from your skin. Your hands become claws. Your teeth sharpen.

The more you turn into a rat, the better the Switch Cheese tastes. When you finish the hunk of cheese, Zoe pats your head and steps back.

You gaze up at her. She and David salute you.

Then a terrifying sight appears.

Stinko. Dressed in an army uniform.

It isn’t his rat face, his long twitchy tail, or his wiggling whiskers that fill you with disgust and horror.

No, it’s the unbelievable, terrifying reality that in the rat-people’s army – your kid brother outranks you!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Forcibly turned into a rat-person and enlisted into their army.:siren:

Achievements
None yet.

Our options posted:

• Choose GAMES.
  • Go after Stinko yourself.