Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

InsertPotPun posted:

I gotta start watching this show I guess.

As like a cohesive narrative story its a bit of a mess, but if you want to see a whole bunch of batshit insane and awesome ideas and scenes made flesh you can't go wrong with American Gods.

Gaunab posted:

A surprising amount of famous-ish actors do these Christian movies because they're easy money.

Yeah, there's some principled believers in the bunch and some "I've been boycotted by Hollywood!" conservatives but for the most part I imagine its like doing a Hallmark movie or a straight to video horror. Its poo poo you do when you're trying to fight your way up or stop your fall down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

dwarf74 posted:

lmao, of all sites he picks SA?

There's at least a through-line of SA > 4chan > Trump but it, uh, doesn't bear much scrutiny

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Jaxyon posted:

I met him once he is cool as poo poo

You met Anansi? Holy poo poo dude that's literally awesome

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaunab posted:

A meeting with Anansi could probably end either way.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Crow Jane posted:

Nah, because I'll probably still like it even if it's bad, tbh
lol. I meant toxx that I'd like it. With such high praise I wanted that extra assurance.

Crow Jane posted:

Kristen Chenoweth
Have you ever watched Pushing Daisies?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There's at least a through-line of SA > 4chan > Trump but it, uh, doesn't bear much scrutiny

Yeah, it looks like they're focusing on 4chan, which kind of actually did come from SA. The title is misleading, but literal.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Gaunab posted:

He created a web on my porch and chilled for a bit, ate some bugs, and now my 401k is gone.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Neil Gaiman himself is show running now right? So it might be ok? Still I would have like to have seen Gillian Anderson as Princess Leia and Mr. Rogers like was planned.

Also, never listen to an audio book narrated by Gaiman. He'll put you right to sleep.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Aw man, I knew Anderson was out, but Chenoweth too?

She kind of terrifies me, but I still liked her in American Gods and Pushing Daisies.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Krispy Wafer posted:

She kind of terrifies me, but I still liked her in American Gods and Pushing Daisies.

?

Also YouTubes algorithm is unbelievably broken

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I’d say drudge, freep and infowars are far more responsible for trump than SA.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

skylined! posted:

I’d say drudge, freep and infowars are far more responsible for trump than SA.

Freep has been irrelevant since Bush left office. Facebook is far more to blame than any of those.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

InsertPotPun posted:

lol. I meant toxx that I'd like it. With such high praise I wanted that extra assurance.

Have you ever watched Pushing Daisies?

I mean, if maneating vaginas, literally hot man-on-djinn sex, Gillian Anderson as David Bowie, a spider god inciting a slave rebellion and visuals like this:

are your jam you'll love it. All of those things are extremely my jam.

Haven't watched Pushing Daisies, no. Always meant to get around to it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1091156012277612545

lol

this whole interview is a massive string of lies repeated uncritically ('not a subject or a target' is objectively untrue) so you already know it's a Maggie Haberman piece

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Crow Jane posted:

Sooo, which perma'd user do we think this is?

Greatn

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1091156012277612545

lol

this whole interview is a massive string of lies repeated uncritically ('not a subject or a target' is objectively untrue) so you already know it's a Maggie Haberman piece

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're gonna look back in 20 years and say Trump's biggest blunder was getting the pill head doctor out to say "ACTUALLY MR TRUMP HAS THE STAMINA OF A HORSE AND THE BEST BRAIN EVER. HIS GENES ARE SUPERIOR I'D LET HIM gently caress MY WIFE" because he could make 90% of his looming problems go away by just doing what the mob bosses did and pretend to be more senile than he is

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Corbin the new punisher season gave off serious "I am only pretending to me religious because its politically advantageous" vibes. His wife was the true believer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're gonna look back in 20 years and say Trump's biggest blunder was getting the pill head doctor out to say "ACTUALLY MR TRUMP HAS THE STAMINA OF A HORSE AND THE BEST BRAIN EVER. HIS GENES ARE SUPERIOR I'D LET HIM gently caress MY WIFE" because he could make 90% of his looming problems go away by just doing what the mob bosses did and pretend to be more senile than he is

yeah, that will be some topic for a couple pop history books a couple decades from now. I still go with the comey firing beings the "mattering moment" when we look back on it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Crow Jane posted:

I mean, if maneating vaginas, literally hot man-on-djinn sex, Gillian Anderson as David Bowie, a spider god inciting a slave rebellion and visuals like this:

I just started it a couple months ago.

It holds up super good. It IS super good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It owns that if not for dr candyman stroking Trump's fragile ego he could end like every investigation into him by just walking out to a press conference in a bathrobe and calling April Ryan 'mommy' before quietly retiring.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crow Jane posted:

Pushing Daisies is purified late aughts saccharine/twee. Very well done for sure and if that's your thing go for it but I absolutely can't stand it, especially now.

It is really interesting to look back from time to time and see how media trends have evolved in response to geopolitical events and try to figure out what today's hellworld will create.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Shifty Pony posted:

Pushing Daisies is purified late aughts saccharine/twee. Very well done for sure and if that's your thing go for it but I absolutely can't stand it, especially now.

It is really interesting to look back from time to time and see how media trends have evolved in response to geopolitical events and try to figure out what today's hellworld will create.

I'd say Mr. Robot reflects today's cynicism pretty well.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PhazonLink posted:

didnt they get sue for discrimination against The Gays and maybe other non superWASP groups?

That was eHarmony.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

Sooo, which perma'd user do we think this is?

My top guess in theperminator because of how hard he stanned for Roy Moore and pedophilia in general. IIRC he was super not mad at being permabanned and went to 4chan and harrasses mods and admins on Twitter because he is so not mad.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, he also is Roy Moore?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was someone stanning for Roy Moore? How'd I miss that?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guest list so far

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenatorShaheen/status/1090338697344630784
https://mobile.twitter.com/Timothy_Cama/status/1091144618601795584
https://mobile.twitter.com/RepBonnie/status/1090759709097889793
https://mobile.twitter.com/RepDavids/status/1090682844341551104
https://mobile.twitter.com/mmcauliff/status/1091020464179302400
https://mobile.twitter.com/rachel_roubein/status/1091001943542190081

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CubanMissile posted:

Mr robot is incredible. Even in the weird direction it seems to be going.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Doctor Butts posted:

It double fight clubbed and I'm not sure Sam Esmail knows where it's going honestly.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Doctor Butts posted:

My buddies keep thinking they're gonna do some time travel poo poo which I think is a weird theory. The show is about corporate grift, why would they just randomly start using time travel? This isn't LOST.

Serfer posted:

It double fight clubbed and I'm not sure Sam Esmail knows where it's going honestly.

I don't know. They're only doing one more season because Esmail said he's got a specific story he wants to tell. Doesn't strike me as Penny Dreadful where they just killed the show and pretended that was their plan all along.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 1, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1091171801445658625

quote:

The offices of Reps. John Lewis and Hank Johnson confirmed to The Hill Thursday that they would not be in attendance on Feb. 5.
"I have a problem with defiling the Speaker's chair in the House of Representatives," Johnson told AJC. "I don't want to see it lowered, as is what happens when Donald Trump comes to our floor and starts talking about groups of people, particularly Latinos, and disparaging them as a people." 
"I'd rather be somewhere else," he added. 

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

The episode last season that was one long "single take" shot was some of the best looking and most chaotic TV I've seen in a long time

(not actually a single shot but man was it done well)

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 1, 2019

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1091170257216159745

Donald Trump Jr? I don't even know him. He was barely a coffee runner.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Atlanta.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When you think about it its sort of amazing Trump's managed this far to not poo poo talk John Lewis.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

LegendaryFrog posted:

his father (me)

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Crow Jane posted:

his father (me)

Given the audience his tweets are aimed at, that is probably not a bad idea.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

LegendaryFrog posted:

things innocent people say for 200 Alex

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LegendaryFrog posted:

Is it just me or does it kind of read like him calling his son sad for him not loving him enough to talk on the phone?

"All he has in his phone log are business associates and pizza orders. Really sad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

When you think about it its sort of amazing Trump's managed this far to not poo poo talk John Lewis.
Nah, you just don't remember.

There really needs to be a podcast when this is all over about all the weird stories of this presidency that have been forgotten.