Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I mean all the posts ragging on an Aussie and none of you are gonna go with how they were 85% as lovely to brown people as we are?

:rip: Aborigines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Excuse me, but I'm interrupting this scintillating conversation with a very important fact:

Farts are absolutely the longest-running form of comedy in humanity's history

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

waah posted:

I mean all the posts ragging on an Aussie and none of you are gonna go with how they were 85% as lovely to brown people as we are?

:rip: Aborigines.

I mean to be fair to Australia they are basically a mini USA. Horrible treatment to natives, lovely rear end in a top hat leaders, and immigrant concentration camps.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Excuse me, but I'm interrupting this scintillating conversation with a very important fact:

Farts are absolutely the longest-running form of comedy in humanity's history

what about dicks?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
What's the best place to file my taxes FOR FREE?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/thesushidragon whatever this is looks lit

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

deedee megadoodoo posted:

what about dicks?

poo poo we got any historians in here?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
what came first the fart or the poo

These are the high level thoughts I have from time to time

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Clearly poo, because poo in the butt is what causes farts.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

seiferguy posted:

Clearly poo, because poo in the butt is what causes farts.

This conversation works so well for me because I picture you both with grey beards and white togas, gesturing dramatically in an amphitheater.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Is a poo a poo while it is still in your body? Or is it a poo when you release it? In that case I posit the fart came first.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Is a poo a poo while it is still in your body? Or is it a poo when you release it? In that case I posit the fart came first.

The poo doesn't change form when it comes out of your body. There's no chemical change happening here!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I have long suspected (and will never be able to prove) that Trump has woken up in the White House and forgotten that he is president at least once.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

What's the best place to file my taxes FOR FREE?

Do you make under $66k? If so just run this and pick whatever. H&R is probably the worst, I'd avoid that one: https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/jsp/wizard.jsp

That should handle federal. If it doesn't handle state you can either pay like $30 to any of them to do your state too or some states have an okay online app you can use to quickly redo them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

The poo doesn't change form when it comes out of your body. There's no chemical change happening here!

But is it *a* poo at that point or just miscellaneous byproduct. Also, dont farts come from poos being formed? Like, the gas as a byproduct of the reaction? I'm not a poo doctor I dont know

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

A fart is just the ghost of a poo. There is no fart without a poo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Fart came first. 95% of our farts are from swallowed air, which will transit faster than solid waste. Also the poo thing could be like a lava/magma type nomenclature.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

poo poo we got any historians in here?

I am not a historian, but i can say this: our oldest discovered writing to date is a fart joke. However, man has been scrawling dicks on things since before writing existed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

Fart came first. 95% of our farts are from swallowed air, which will transit faster than solid waste. Also the poo thing could be like a lava/magma type nomenclature.

I thought farts were mostly from bacteria chowing down on undigested food and themselves farting in our intestines?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

I thought farts were mostly from bacteria chowing down on undigested food and themselves farting in our intestines?

That is some of it, but only a very small amount. Also, the farts that smell real bad are mostly from that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Nice! posted:

I am not a historian, but i can say this: our oldest discovered writing to date is a fart joke. However, man has been scrawling dicks on things since before writing existed.

We've been sending dick pics for our known history then?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

C-Euro posted:

I have long suspected (and will never be able to prove) that Trump has woken up in the White House and forgotten that he is president at least once.

I have absolutely zero doubt that Trump has regularly gotten lost in the White House and required a secret service agent to bring him to his room.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does anyone else remember the story of the Goon who was doing raids with his world of Warcraft guild in the hospital while his wife was in labor? If so I’d love to get a link to the thread.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Haha that's awesome

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does anyone else remember the story of the Goon who was doing raids with his world of Warcraft guild in the hospital while his wife was in labor? If so I’d love to get a link to the thread.

Oh yeah, the russian bear guy.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post426212298

and the goldmined mod report thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611265

Incoherence posted:

Fun fact: I'm the raid leader in the reported post's story. You will be completely unsurprised to know that the story is only partially true: he did log on that night from the hospital, he complained about the latency on the hospital wireless, I told him I was not taking him because he's at the loving hospital with his wife in labor (I had this vision of him going "afk 30 minutes, baby is crowning"), and he logged off again. Him neglecting his child to raid became a running joke within the guild, although I have no reason to believe he's actually a terrible father.

I don't recognize the poster's SA name, although given the content of the post it's definitely someone in the WoW Goon Squad and very probably someone in my raid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's the one who gave up his dogs because walking them cut into his raid time right?

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Anybody been to Warsaw and got some good tips? Bought an overnight bus ticket to there for a Saturday while im in Lithuania next week

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Reminds me also of one of the best EN threads where a Goon posted about how his daughter walked herself to school because he was a deadbeat raiding 16 hours a day living in a literal trash filled trailer.

God there have been a lot of broken people on this forum.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Reminds me also of one of the best EN threads where a Goon posted about how his daughter walked herself to school because he was a deadbeat raiding 16 hours a day living in a literal trash filled trailer.

She did it on a loving Saturday too. A kid too young to keep proper sense of time, just wandering alone in the neighborhood, while her dad isn't even aware she's gone.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
my favorite broken goon is the guy who met his wife on the forum for trolling chris-chan

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This was briefly a sort of redemption story I vaguely remember? Like he eventually realized upon his kid being taken away or just about to be taken away got his life sort of together or something.

Did it stay that way?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If that's the one I'm thinking of, at least it was a massive wakeup call and he cleaned his life up.

E: since this was a repeat, one thing Basketball has going for it is it clips so well.

Like this is just good content:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1091176290743398400

Kalli fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 1, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Remember the Goon date matchup that was the brainchild of a GBS mod and it went as horribly as you might imagine? TwoWorlds was involved in that mess.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

If that's the one I'm thinking of, at least it was a massive wakeup call and he cleaned his life up.

E: since this was a repeat, one thing Basketball has going for it is it clips so well.

Eh, still better than baseball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Eh, still better than baseball.

You just have to like things that most people could never do throwing a ball 60'6" to enjoy baseball

https://twitter.com/basebailking/status/843129139347431426?lang=en

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got tickets to see Howard Schultz. I can post more later, but the one thing I will say is that the dude genuinely does not understand why people hate billionaires. He is genuinely out of touch with everything. Also, the local journalists asked him why he had never voted in any election besides presidential elections, and he couldn't come up with a good answer for it.

My projection is that he's probably going to run, and then dropped out a few months later.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why didn’t you heckle him?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

I got tickets to see Howard Schultz. I can post more later, but the one thing I will say is that the dude genuinely does not understand why people hate billionaires. He is genuinely out of touch with everything. Also, the local journalists asked him why he had never voted in any election besides presidential elections, and he couldn't come up with a good answer for it.

My projection is that he's probably going to run, and then dropped out a few months later.

At least Herman Cain was a fun sort of stupid, this guy is just annoying and dull.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kalli posted:

Bad basketball is the best basketball :allears:

Though I feel SUPER bad for Blake Griffin for being a part of that mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Why yes I will keep this going, sure

BlindSite posted:

I didn't say it was the only alternative. I said the suggested alternative was worse and was already proven unsuccessful.

the suggested alternative is maybe Australia should not throw its inbound refugees into concentration camps on foreign soil and your reply that you tried refugee camps on australian soil and it was bad is still laughable. The point at issue here is not "where should we locate our horrifying camps," and it's also just (god I hate saying this but, it is) a logical fallacy to say "well we tried it it didn't work" as if the exact way you tried it before was the only possible way to do it.

Here's an alternative: in the US, prior to the most recent Trump bullshit, refugees were allowed to enter the country anywhere, are taken into custody long enough to process an ID, accept an application for asylum, and do a quick background security check, and then released on their own recognizance within the US and entitled to stay within the US until their hearing date. This system is the one derisively called "catch and release" by the Republicans, but it actually worked pretty decently well, especially because it allowed NGOs to provide individualized assistance to refugees and did not involve throwing them en masse into camps for years.

Was this system perfect? Absolutely not. There were definitely people who abused the system, and definitely refugees and others who were still taken advantage of, abused by the system, unfairly rejected, etc. Is it a perfect example of what Australia could or should do? No, becuase you have the added issue of the dangerous boat trips run by really loving evil people that have to be dealt with... but again, we actually faced a similar issue (albeit a shorter trip) with cuban immigrants a while back, and in Europe there's issues with boats coming from North Africa packed with immigrants sinking etc. etc. The approach Australia has taken is just worse than everyone else has done in the last two or three decades, by a lot, and it's inexcusable.

quote:

The conditions in the camps are bad because of the illegal immigrants, not the facilities.the instances of rape, violence and vandalism have been perpetrated by people in the facilities. The facilities are better than most army barracks.
If you throw a bunch of desperately poor people into camps for months and years on end you have a moral responsibility to protect them from each other as well. This is an especially horrible tack to take. gently caress. Do you think refugees are just fundamentally extra-rapey and violent as a group and therefore all of them deserve to have to live in violent rape camps?

quote:

I specifically said "migrant" and was pretty clear. Don't try to twist what I said. Ensuring that we take migrants who do want to work etc is part of the assessment process and it seems to work pretty well.

Couple of the past Australian of the year awards have gone to people who came through the program.

Sure. Just not migrants fleeing desperate situations from impoverished south-east asian countries who get on boats run by illegal cartels to try to get to Australia. Those people can rot in camps because Australia is Full from those 200,000 others, and nevermind that we're talking about 12-13k people (or hell, double that, if you remove the "discouragement" by rape camp and make the assumption that means more people will attempt the trip) so only a 10% to 20% overall increase.

Here's an idea: a legal immigration policy focused on offering temporary work permits to people who want to come work for a while, limited to a number that the workforce can reasonably absorb, cool & good. Permanant work-permits, pathways to citizenship, etc. on similar grounds: also cool and good, and worth limiting to the reasonable number. Refugees fleeing persecution, murder, human trafficking, etc. seeking asylum? Yeah turning them away arbitrarily is unacceptable especially when the numbers are so much lower than the previous categories. And even more so when you have situations like this one where there are countries actually offering to take them and you won't let them.