Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

this should be about 4chan and SA should just be mentioned a little bit in the beginning

I looked on amazon and it turns out it is but still lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zeroisanumber posted:

What's Beran's username?

getfiscal

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully there is a chapter about South Park.

TCE
Feb 26, 2016
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1090994015091212288

Schultz and Schultz-news breaking new and better ratio records.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
To be fair, isn't most American cereal basically candy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be fair, isn't most American cereal basically candy

Yes but Cheerios is one of the lesser evils. It has 1 g of sugar per 28 g serving.

Compare to Froot Loops, which is a cereal moulded into the same shape but with 13 g of sugar per 28 g. :eyepop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1088592304980545537

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They stole that dog from someone's house and killed it, didn't they?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They stole that dog from someone's house and killed it, didn't they?

They love killing companion animals for some insane reason, so maybe. They’re so bad at helping animals that I would entertain the possibility that they’re controlled opposition by YUM! Brands or that restaurant agency that’s always trying to debunk bmi.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Platystemon posted:

Yes but Cheerios is one of the lesser evils. It has 1 g of sugar per 28 g serving.

Compare to Froot Loops, which is a cereal moulded into the same shape but with 13 g of sugar per 28 g. :eyepop:

Jesus Christ, nearly 50% sugar? For breakfast? How do American children not all have diabetes?

Oh wait lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

that peta thing is literally one of those "doing utterly stupid and self-harming thing to own the libs" except they're owning meateaters
next they'll start just butchering animals in public

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

not a cult posted:

that peta thing is literally one of those "doing utterly stupid and self-harming thing to own the libs" except they're owning meateaters
next they'll start just butchering animals in public

It's just a prop but I always thought this is a better argument for eating dogs than not eating anything else.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1091280764191297538

she's referring to Churchill

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I want to hear her read on Stalin next.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Weetman is someone I really wish the British left would just shut up and ignore altogether. She's transparently trying to launch a media career from the negative attention Katie Hopkins style and yet people just can't seem to resist turning up to dunk on her giving her those those sweet engagement metrics

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

I was hoping the joke was that Hitler stopped Hitler :sigh:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1091338551168585729

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I want to hear her read on Stalin next.
Really, the best response to the argument that Churchill won “us” our freedom is that so did Stalin. They were both monsters. Stalin is cooler though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Homegrown hot take: it's interesting that in an era where everyone is so conscious about the use of dehumanizing terms that everyone still throws around "sc*b" so freely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

General Dog posted:

Homegrown hot take: it's interesting that in an era where everyone is so conscious about the use of dehumanizing terms that everyone still throws around "sc*b" so freely.

You can't dehumanise what isn't human

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

she's doing a bit but this is the actual liberal thought on Stalin, who actually stopped hitler. Why do brits all think they singlehandedly won the war by camping the channel until the americans showed up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

she's doing a bit but this is the actual liberal thought on Stalin, who actually stopped hitler.

Hot take: saying Stalin was just as bad as Hitler amounts to Holocaust denialism

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I would eat dog, sure. why not?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hot take: saying Stalin was just as bad as Hitler amounts to Holocaust denialism

Ever heard of the Kulaks?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

snoremac posted:

Really, the best response to the argument that Churchill won “us” our freedom is that so did Stalin. They were both monsters. Stalin is cooler though.

Stalin did far more to stop the nazis than Churchill did. He didn’t even acknowledge concentration camps until near the end of the war iirc.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BobWeide/status/1091345913581191169

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Stalin did far more to stop the nazis than Churchill did. He didn’t even acknowledge concentration camps until near the end of the war iirc.

daily_mail_jewish_migrants.jpg

Serf
May 5, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

from experience, if it tastes anything like coyote then it is really bad

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hot take: saying Stalin wasn’t just as bad as Hitler amounts to Holodomor denialism

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Serf posted:

from experience, if it tastes anything like coyote then it is really bad

I'm thinking their diet is a huge component. I probably wouldn't eat a random wild predator (maybe taste) but I'd eat one that lived in captivity and was fed decently.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

I'm thinking their diet is a huge component. I probably wouldn't eat a random wild predator (maybe taste) but I'd eat one that lived in captivity and was fed decently.

i dunno, catfish eat literal poo poo all day and taste delicious

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

by all accounts it kinda tastes bad.
most predators do, it has to do with the exponential buildup of undigestable poo poo as you go up the food chain.

trace mercury gets stored in fish tissues for lack of ability to digest, eagle eats only fish, eagle stores all that delicious delicious trace mercury in its tissues for lack of ability to digest, your dumb rear end decides "an eagle would taste cool" and congratulations, here's several hundred fish's worth of mercury in one meal that tastes gross for some reason

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! has issued a correction as of 16:56 on Feb 1, 2019

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

snoremac posted:

the british empire did many more murders and genocides than the soviets, but they made big profits doing it and so it was not only morally correct, but to do anything else would involved violating property rights and would thus have been the most evil thing possible

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

was it the british who had the first concentration camps in africa or did the germans beat them to it by a couple years?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tastykake posted:

was it the british who had the first concentration camps in africa or did the germans beat them to it by a couple years?

Churchill definitely oversaw the construction of the British ones and used them in a larger context of genocide. The German ones had more features in common with the ones they later used on their own people, like testing weapons on people.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

weird tho. mackerel and tuna are delicious and they're hella predators

and afaik, polar bear liver is straight up toxic to humans and will kill you

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Tastykake posted:

the british empire did many more murders and genocides than the soviets, but they made big profits doing it and so it was not only morally correct, but to do anything else would involved violating property rights and would thus have been the most evil thing possible they might as well have never happened for all you'll ever hear about them.

Let's be honest here. Nobody's trying to justify the Bengal famine or any of the others, they're trying to ignore them.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It turns out that a lot of national leaders were actually horrible mass murderers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

all this does is remind me how good the lamb chops I ate last week were and how I want to eat more lamb