Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Rocks posted:

what happened today, why did krang get banned

no idea, mass reporting maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

UFOTacoMan posted:

they were both good why must we compete them
overthrow the academy

Yeah I should just be happy two good movies exist, but I think Get Out is really stellar.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hollywood awards are just self-sucking parties for rapists and pedos gently caress em

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

good news everyone, I’ve heard your complaints about trains being too problematic, so I’m going to replace every train with a private tax credit for every citizen worth 50% of an F35

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

folks have you heard about this? when water gets cold... it gets cold... when it gets cold it goes hard

some people are caling this "ice" have you heard of this?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

WarMECH posted:

big icicles are formed by a small flow of water over a long period of time that gradually freezes itself layer over layer adding to the size

they are not formed by a sudden deluge that miraculously freezes before it hits the ground

this is exactly what happens in the famous now-documentary film, The Day After Tomorrow

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hahaha

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

coyote nooo :(

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Epic High Five posted:

haven't seen either but iirc the rational given was that The Shape of Water had a scene where the weird monster thing stares in awe at the majesty of the magic of motion pictures

any this is why woody allen being a sexpest isn't important

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

trains rights

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

sandoz posted:

folks have you heard about this? when water gets cold... it gets cold... when it gets cold it goes hard

some people are caling this "ice" have you heard of this?

whoa slow down, i thought that was the american nazi guys

hang on need to take notes

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah I should just be happy two good movies exist, but I think Get Out is really stellar.

yeah for me too it's a more interesting idea than lady falls in love with fishman

but that fishman director really created a sweet fishman aesthetic to that world, it's like they were good at different things

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Paella is a very popular dish in Maine, on account of their relative proximity to Spain compared to the rest of the US

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

gluten free pretzels lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

USPS needs to deliver my gat dang fancy tea maker so I can make some tea, fancily

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Trrrrrruuuuuuuuuuum *pop*

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

what in the gently caress is "vegan cheesy bacon spinach dip"

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

juche avocado posted:

then it's cultured butter, right? which owns too. or can you only get cultured butter by specifically adding bacterial cultures to your cream?

yea you can start it with a little buttermilk or kefir (I love kefir so that's what I use)

first time I made creme fraiche I was really surprised at how long it took for the cream to undergo any detectable changes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

juche avocado posted:

collectively, the electors probably felt like they did enough by giving Get Out best original screenplay or whatever

also because so much of oscar voting is informed by "well i feel like this director really deserves the nod for, you know, not just this film, but everything else"

i think they changed the voting system but it wasn't enough

also i bet you a lot of electors thought they were Doing A Social Progress by making sure best picture went to a film by a Latinx director in the age of trimnl but

this is all mostly baseless speculation

it won because everyone wants to gently caress fishmonsters, you moran

mermaid legends, shadow over innsmouth, creature from the black lagoon, humanoids from the deep, the lure, shape of water and cold skin

all feature fish monster loving, or at the very least, a lusty fishman. it’s a foundational idea in western culture.

sapphomoric
Dec 26, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

haven't seen either but iirc the rational given was that The Shape of Water had a scene where the weird monster thing stares in awe at the majesty of the magic of motion pictures

lol I haven’t seen it/didn’t know that was in there but that’s 100% it. “we are bringing culture to the stupid masses thru spending millions of dollars on the dumbest poo poo imaginable” — Hollywood

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Spoondick posted:

what in the gently caress is "vegan cheesy bacon spinach dip"

a fan favorite at korb torsons

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Why would almost no neighboring states share duplicate winners, even though some duplicates do exist? The idea that someone not only made this chart but also somehow felt the need to fake all its data is hilarious

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

zegermans posted:

how do people deal with being all sweaty if you bike to work

do you carry a change of clothes? do you try to not be fat?

You shouldn't be rubbing up against your coworkers zegermans.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao, indeed

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Epic High Five posted:

Paella is a very popular dish in Maine, on account of their relative proximity to Spain compared to the rest of the US

paella is fuckin great

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

How is it only Alabama and Illinois get this right

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Also what is it about Michael Shannon that makes everyone want to cast him as an evil repressed government sex pervert

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Listen up, before 6 o' clock I want everyone on my media team to come up with a viral social media post that portrays me as light-hearted, sociable, and fun-loving. Like I'm someone who listens to music and goes to parties. Get the film grew into my office, we are going to film me dancing or singing or whatever the gently caress kids are into these days. Is Kasey Kasem still alive? Get me a song from the top 40, but not the number 1, that's too obvious. Like, number 5 or something. FUN is going to be the new M.O. around here, people. I LOVE FUN NOW, GOT IT? Go on Twitter, go on Facebook, go on Craigslist, and if you see anyone posting anything that makes me look NOT FUN, I want you to deplatform them. Report them, get them banned. And add their names to the database, we are going to keep an eye on these dirtbags moving forward. This is serious and we are going to do this all day if we have to. Your lunch breaks are all canceled.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

where’s the strombo???

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Drunkboxer posted:

it won because everyone wants to gently caress fishmonsters, you moran

mermaid legends, shadow over innsmouth, creature from the black lagoon, humanoids from the deep, the lure, shape of water and cold skin

all feature fish monster loving, or at the very least, a lusty fishman. it’s a foundational idea in western culture.

beowulf's mom

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
mississippi makes some mean superbowl granola bars

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

papersack posted:

How is it only Alabama and Illinois get this right

because the whole thing is just made up bullshit

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Billzasilver posted:

good news everyone, I’ve heard your complaints about trains being too problematic, so I’m going to replace every train with a private tax credit for every citizen worth 50% of an F35

EVERYONE DESERVES ACCESS TO TRANSPORTATION AFFILIATED TAX ADVANTAGE PLANS

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

finally, a sensible market solution

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

im the vegan cheesey bacon nacho dip

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Can someone pm me the pic of kav throwing rbg down the stairs thanks