Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How many powers does Gold Experience have now? Like five?

Just one, it creates life. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Star Platinum posted:

Just one, it creates life. :colbert:

There was also the redirection ability, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have it any more.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Silver2195 posted:

There was also the redirection ability, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have it any more.

I'm honestly glad this got forgotten about. It's really pretty random and bs and doesn't tie into the "life" motif of Gold Experience.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
It should be clear by now that damage redirection was Koichi's luggage's stand power.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I told y'all Golden Experience was Hamon: the stand.

Silver2195 posted:

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm honestly glad this got forgotten about. It's really pretty random and bs and doesn't tie into the "life" motif of Gold Experience.

Imagine if Gio remembered he could do that. "Oh, the enemy is rapidly aging everyone? I'll just turn something into a fly, which has a very short life span. The enemy is now dead!"

e: What would happen if Pesci hooked one of Gio's creatures?

Dragonwagon fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 1, 2019

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah stylistically it looked cooler, but this panel is like, some of the funniest poo poo in jojo to me

I think it's even better paired with the reaction. Abbacchio always being tired of Giorno's Bullshit is one of my favorite reoccurring part 5 things.

I'm also a little bit sad they they didn't show Narancia and Mista playing with the froggies, but it's the little things like these that need to be cut.

This was a nice touch.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
ive never seen a football shaped rock

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kurtofan posted:

ive never seen a football shaped rock

That's because it's the work of an enemy Stand. :eng101:

Also, it's really weird to think that most of the Assassination Squad is dead already. All that's left aside from Melone are Bakugo and Risotto.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

That whole hero thing really didn't work out for him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/737868911908118530

As always, don't click through to this account, it's full part spoilers.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

so this new guys stand is a computer that rapes people to make a baby stand? that sucks poo poo and is awful hope this fight is done with quickly.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's only a tiny fraction left, iirc. mainly just the finale. it sucks. the next fight is more fun.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I always thought it was injected into her head, but the anime showed it crawling up her back from who knows where? It’s pretty bad

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah too be honest I'd be fine with Jojo never getting this grody again

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

manga people who always spoil poo poo please tell me this dumb as poo poo rape stand is done by early next episode

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeh it will, the next fight is insanely good. like grateful dead + beach boy level

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Expect My Mom posted:

yeh it will, the next fight is insanely good. like grateful dead + beach boy level

yeah this

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i really liked the effect of the blocks moving in this ep honestly, like the way babyface moved from the rock to traveling up the wall, or just how it broke people down

the problem is that baby face just does so much stuff that's borderline abstract, but not in a really cool way. combined with the having to be born and taught things, it's just a bit too busy. plus the reason for giorno being seperated feels silly. everyone just silently and intensely watching mista hotwire this car, ignoring the motorcycle revving and giorno talking to himself

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't like babyface as a stand because it's almost comparable to gold experience in a way in that it has a weird assortment of traits going on but there's no inherent charm from the user or cool design or anything. it's just a weird, lovely little gremlin that minecrafts stuff and has nothing cool going for it. if it had just the cube thing or just the 'weird automatic thing that tracks a person using their blood' aspect i feel it could be a much more cohesive idea. also get rid of the sexual assault bit entirely, of course.

it sticks out to me a lot as an encounter because part 5 has a lot of really cool stand designs so it's just a stinker in comparison, in my opinion

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I had completely forgotten the beats of this fight, so I thought that the end of this episode had skipped a ton of the fight to kill Babyface quicker. But, nah, pirrahna out the back.

IDONTPOST posted:

manga people who always spoil poo poo please tell me this dumb as poo poo rape stand is done by early next episode

If it's any consolation, there's no more rape in Part 5.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Gotta say, while he is creepy, I kinda dig Melone just sitting there with his giant laptop being smug. Him having a giant book with pictures of animals was also loving hilarious.
Babyface, on the other hand, sucks. It feels like Araki thought the concept was cool and didn't know what to do with his actual abilities. Cubes were pretty neat but inconsistent and really underexplained.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Gold Experience's abilities seemed pretty straightforward to me (aside from the weird time perception thing that disappears after the very beginning). It turns non-living matter into living matter by punching it. Either Giorno turns something into an animal and the animal acts according to its nature, or he turns stuff into an organ and stuffs it into the appropriate gaping wound, as we saw in this episode. Oh, and if the non-living thing belonged to someone, it returns to that person after it becomes an animal. That rule has been followed pretty consistently from the start. I'll grant that the vaccine snake was bullshit, but at least it's still based around the idea of "turn non-living thing into living thing." Overall Gold Experience's powers seem pretty consistent. My actual question is where the hell a 15-year-old kid learned all of these random animal facts. Did he take refuge from his awful childhood in a stack of encyclopedias?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good ep

i love how stupidly convoluted babyhead is, melone sitting down to teach it bullshit only to have the kid totally grow past him, their chat program basically sounding like undertale text, and babyhead freaking out and spamming the chat

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The gently caress was that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol i love the contrasting reactions

i love that jojo is like the only shonen where you truly have no idea what what's gonna happen this week or if you'll even like it

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't like babyface as a stand because it's almost comparable to gold experience in a way in that it has a weird assortment of traits going on but there's no inherent charm from the user or cool design or anything. it's just a weird, lovely little gremlin that minecrafts stuff and has nothing cool going for it. if it had just the cube thing or just the 'weird automatic thing that tracks a person using their blood' aspect i feel it could be a much more cohesive idea. also get rid of the sexual assault bit entirely, of course.

it sticks out to me a lot as an encounter because part 5 has a lot of really cool stand designs so it's just a stinker in comparison, in my opinion

Yeah, babyface felt like two or three stands stapled awkwardly together.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

That lady would have made a better enemy Stand user than Melone.

At least we developed the primary theme of this part in this episode it's piss, the theme is piss

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
At this point we should just admit that araki has a piss fetish

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if there's any kind of limitation to what Giorno can make objects into. It seems like he only makes small animals, but I wonder if he could turn a wallet into an elephant or something.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I think this Stand fight is actually amusing because it is two equal bullshit powers defined by the inner dialogue of the Stand talking about the bullshit going on with its creator. The computer dialogue is the key.

Also the 3rd party reactions of the guy who cant see the fight. "Wait, he did what?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

What?! What was that‽

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I wonder if Melone drew the picture book himself.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

we just came off fighting like, two horny serial killers,

Prosciutto and Pesci are horny??

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Everyone is horny in Vento Aureo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I miss Pesci only because I think it's funny to hear him say Prosciutto.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

DIO & Kira were both extremely horny and killed a ton of people

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm glad Pesci is gone because Prosciutto ham is a weakness of mine and I was getting cravings hearing it all the time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

Oops I meant like, Kira and Angelo.

Really underselling them there tho

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

FirstAidKite posted:

Pretty sure when Pesci activated himself by snapping that dudes neck, he got a religious experience level hard ob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HukHukHuk posted:

Pretty sure when Pesci activated himself by snapping that dudes neck, he got a religious experience level hard ob

Yeah he for sure busted one. Dude was an in the closet sicko.