Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

christ i hate em both. i gotta get ready for next saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Don't worry, if you're under surveillance they'll likely text you :laffo:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nuke 'em

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

If you’re interested in the red scarves protest you should read this excellent article:

https://www.mintpressnews.com/frances-red-scarves-ready-made-counter-protest-new-media-darlings/254313/

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/31/authoritarian-anti-protest-gilets-jaunes-measures-draw-criticism-in-france

quote:

French MPs condemn 'authoritarian' plans to curtail gilets jaunes protests

quote:

The most controversial measure in the bill – which angered some rebels in the French president’s party – means that individuals deemed to represent a “particularly serious” threat to public order will be prevented from taking part in street protests. Their names will be added to a special police file. Any person presumed to have been involved in violence in previous demonstrations can be banned from street protests, but they don’t need to have been previously convicted. Regional prefects, rather than judges, will have new powers to impose the ban.

There will also be a new crime of covering your face during a street demonstration – whether with a helmet, mask or scarf – punishable by a fine of €15,000 (£13,117) or a prison sentence.

ahahaha

this sucks, man

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

faire barrage à l’extrême-droite

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

all right! so i just arrived home fresh from a local instance of the grand débat, organized by the local lrem MP, guillaume gouffier-cha (yeah he looks just like his name sounds)

to be honest i didn't stay long at all, barely 20 minutes, because that's about the time it took to make me real real angry

the topic of the night was taxes and public expenditure, and i don't think it's a surprise that it was organized in vincennes instead of fontenay sous bois. I got there at 8 PM. you had to write down your name and email address and then pick up a number. that was the number of the table you were supposed to sit at. there were 10 of us at the table, and maybe 14 tables in total. anyway. on the table was stuff detailing how the debate was supposed to go, along with government propaganda on taxes and the budget. one fellow was there to organize, but not take part in the debate. a huge sheet was divided into 4 sections : "what's good", "what's bad", "proposals" and "proposals that make consensus within the group". the idea was that we'd write down stuff on post-it notes and then stick them in the relevant sections. in the end, each table was supposed to present its "consensual" proposals and then there'd be a vote on the proposals.

one woman at our table suggested we'd introduce ourselves. the fellow who was here to organize but not take part took a good two minutes to tell us all about how he was running a business fund of some sort and how he had once participated in some inane legislative thing once. i then suggested that since we would be talking about taxes and so on it'd be interesting to know more about each other's relationship to taxes and i suggested that we also mention in our presentation how much money we earned, how much property we owned and how much we were taxed. unfortunately the people around the table didn't have much time to react (apart from a "oh, i'm not sure i know" from the old lady who had suggested we introduced ourselves) because at that moment the MP started talking in the mic

he said that he was there to organize the debate, but not take part in it. he said that our table organizer would explain everything, but that before the debate started five people in the audience would be allowed to speak and say why they were here, and then someone would provide us with the government's analysis on the topic of taxes and the budget, and then we'd start.

so five people spoke - three old men, one young man, and one young woman. two of them mentioned how they were happy to be here, to tell it all about how taxes had assassinated our poor country - when the last dude ended his rant, there was scattered applause.

i left about one minute into the presentation of the dude who provided the government's analysis, given that he started with "yes the gentleman before me has it right, the taxation levels in france are off the charts..."

gently caress this bullshit. gently caress it a million times. gently caress macron, gently caress gouffier cha, gently caress lrem, see them all on saturday, i'll be on the other side of the cops throwing my own poo poo at them.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So if you cover your face it's illegal but if you don't you'll get put on a no-protest list which makes it illegal to be at a protest.

Sounds like I'd just keep wearing a mask were that my choice.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Le Pen is mightier than the sword , Jupiter

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Lol i can remember another time Paris gave local rulers the opportunity to decide who was a threat to civil society. Hope you French goons are good at holding your breath

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I remmeber when Quebec passed a similar bill, during the student protests a few years ago.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

quote:

Some politicians said the new law could be abused if a far-right party came to power in the future.

Yeah, in the future...

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Former DILF posted:

I'm 11th generation and my english-american identity predates even jamestown.

:thunk:

Roanoke? Frobisher? David Ingram?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

gently caress em

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Flowers For Algeria posted:

gently caress this bullshit. gently caress it a million times. gently caress macron, gently caress gouffier cha, gently caress lrem, see them all on saturday, i'll be on the other side of the cops throwing my own poo poo at them.

hail satan

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

gently caress em

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lock him up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Lillopicard/status/1091308151335501824

Macron talking about the famous gilet jaune who punched the gently caress out of a riot cop

"...he was obviously being briefed by a far-left lawyer before surrendering to the authorities! This guy isn't talking like a gypsy would. He doesn't talk like gypsy boxer would."

reminder that macron is a racist

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Macron talking about the famous gilet jaune who punched the gently caress out of a riot cop

"...he was obviously being briefed by a far-left lawyer before surrendering to the authorities! This guy isn't talking like a gypsy would. He doesn't talk like gypsy boxer would."

Why would a far right boxer talk to a left wing lawyer

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Byolante posted:

To drive the centrist insane.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
macron is paranoid as hell

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Byolante posted:

Centrists think horseshoe theory is real.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

was it today, or maybe yesterday, that le monde published a full article on how from now on macron was planning on being more careful with his petites phrases

anyway, lmao

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Flowers For Algeria posted:

was it today, or maybe yesterday, that le monde published a full article on how from now on macron was planning on being more careful with his petites phrases

anyway, lmao

same goddamn interview where he also said that it wasn't fair that "jojo yellow vest" was put on equal standing as LREM elected officials in the media

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kurtofan posted:

I love when Europe lets the mask slip a bit and everyone remembers oh yeah those dudes loving HATE gypsies.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1090953315800809473

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1091068682543996928

still find it funny lepen is polling slightly below pre election levels

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

yeah bit they haven’t faced the HOLOVANS yet

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

COMRADES posted:

I love when Europe lets the mask slip a bit and everyone remembers oh yeah those dudes loving HATE gypsies.

A friend of mine did their Masters Thesis on the racism that Roma face in several different European countries and ohh boy do they reallyhate Roma.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hell ya

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I can't help but smile at Wauquiez's poo poo numbers.

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Reclines Obesily posted:

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1091068682543996928

still find it funny lepen is polling slightly below pre election levels

oh man that is one spicy NPA result

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/bodosomo/status/1091435264520716288

i can't believe benalla is only 27

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I'm 27 too and I'm nowhere near as close as he is to bringing down the state, hosed up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Goals

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

ElNarez posted:

I'm 27 too and I'm nowhere near as close as he is to bringing down the state, hosed up

really puts life in perspective doesnt it

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

ElNarez posted:

Lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
At 29 Stalin was robbing banks to fund Bolshevik activities

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

took a hit from a gas grenade to the leg today! i’m fine, it was a bit scary but i’m safe. saw a dude get shot down by a flash ball and not get back up, and a journo get trampled by a crs charge.

found a bunch of people who were pumped for tuesday. hoping the march with the unions will be a success! and of course there’s next saturday.

somehow i feel like it’s not over yet!

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

the cops say 69,000 people in the demonstration, i say nice x1,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Haven't the unions signed an agreement with Macron that they won't marsh or strike AD 2019?