Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The worst thing is if they did it on both I would buy it on both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEwxKkCGJE

Without having played KH 1 & 2 I don’t think you can beat this video for getting up to speed. I watched it and within 15 minutes I learned more than I could have ever imagined. It’s the most well researched and explained video you’ll ever watch about KH. It’s a very serious video. About Kingdom Hearts. I know so much about the series. More than the people who have actually played the games.

I would have been so upset if this had been any other video

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Thanks for the efortpost, much appreciate.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Isn't that DMCV demo coming out in a few days? I might turn on my PS4 for the first time since the last demo I played!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't that DMCV demo coming out in a few days? I might turn on my PS4 for the first time since the last demo I played!

oh poo poo it is, for ps4 too this time! i think it might dante's demo from gamescom? (or whatever it was)

i played neros demo at my brothers house on his "xbox1x" thing, through his tiny "4k" tv which was hilarious not calibrated at all and saturated to gently caress and he refused to let me sort it for him so dat re engine mood was lost.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I mean the themes are pretty basic, it's not rocket science

yeah no totally

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrepuscularBlightedNuggetsDoritosChip

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did I stutter?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
His poor liver...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

This is brain bleach.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lmao I love Goofy's dialogue, put him in every JRPG. Gawrsh Tifa, Cloud has Mako poisoning from falling into the Lifestream! Hyuk uhyuk

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

texting my ex posted:

Just finished the new God of War and it was pretty nice, but nowhere near what people hyped it up to be. I dunno, I enjoyed it but the separate parts of the game never outshined any other games in that regard. Combat was dark souls but clunky, and NO BOSSES EVER, here's more trolls. Story was generic nordic stuff, interaction between Kratos and the kid was okay... but nowhere near that which we've seen in The Last of Us. Graphics are nice too, but other games still outshine it (Horizon Zero Dawn comes to mind). And the pacing of the story was loving weird, it felt like just fetch quest after fetch quest.

Glad I borrowed it from a friend, I wouldn't be happy paying full price for this

I just don’t understand how you can possibly think this combat has anything to do with Dark Souls, and even more unbelievably that you find this combat clunkier. Also Horizon has prettier skyboxes but everyone looks like poo poo.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
http://imgur.com/Up1HKQT

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

That's not complicated it's just stupid

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Just as I burned KH's plot in a verbose post, I checked that PSN thing that shows you your most played games. and I was like, what's gonna win, Dark Souls 3, or Bloodborne?? ( DS3 wins with 455 hours to Bloodborne's 444! Nier in third place with 265!)

:(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How the gently caress did you spend 265 hours in Neir?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Horizon has prettier skyboxes but everyone looks like poo poo.

The gently caress? Horizon people look fine and the culture and aesthetic of the civilization owns

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The gently caress? Horizon people look fine and the culture and aesthetic of the civilization owns

I don’t think there’s anything I don’t love about Horizon’s visuals/art outside of some of the main game conversation animations. It’s gorgeous. Everything about it.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I am so confused right now: just set up a PS4 for my nephew, with myself as the parental controller or whatever they call it, and bought him PS+ — but there are games missing from the PS Store when logged into his account which are there if I browse on mine. e.g. Steep is not there, even if you search for it, despite being a PS+ title for January; Nidhogg is there but not Nidhogg 2. It's not due to the account settings, I tried derestricting everything, so what the hell is causing it? Anyone encountered anything like this before with this garbage store?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wow, Fallout 76 must really been a huge flop.
They are giving it away for free with MSRP Dualshock 4s in Germany's biggest retail chain.
They just want to get rid of their stock.
That's pretty much unprecedented, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fallout 76 is this generation’s Bad Rats.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

acksplode posted:

Lmao I love Goofy's dialogue, put him in every JRPG. Gawrsh Tifa, Cloud has Mako poisoning from falling into the Lifestream! Hyuk uhyuk

Never took Goofy for a scholar of Cartesian mind-body dualism.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

How long is RE2? Got a free Redbox code, could I bang out at least one of the campaigns over the course of a day?

mcbexx posted:

Wow, Fallout 76 must really been a huge flop.
They are giving it away for free with MSRP Dualshock 4s in Germany's biggest retail chain.
They just want to get rid of their stock.
That's pretty much unprecedented, right?
I had a dream last week that it was announced as a PS+ giveaway and even in dream logic I was like "yeah but that 50GB download though..."

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
My wife got me Fallout 76 for Christmas and I have yet to take it out of the shrink wrap.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

How long is RE2? Got a free Redbox code, could I bang out at least one of the campaigns over the course of a day?

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=57479

Probably yeah

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The par time for a 1st run scenario in RE2 is 8 hours.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pipski posted:

I am so confused right now: just set up a PS4 for my nephew, with myself as the parental controller or whatever they call it, and bought him PS+ — but there are games missing from the PS Store when logged into his account which are there if I browse on mine. e.g. Steep is not there, even if you search for it, despite being a PS+ title for January; Nidhogg is there but not Nidhogg 2. It's not due to the account settings, I tried derestricting everything, so what the hell is causing it? Anyone encountered anything like this before with this garbage store?

You said the Store, but what about looking through the Library on the system?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fallout 76 is this generation’s Bad Rats.

Watch goons gift each other Fallout 76 and then create Bad Rats Kings KlubFallout 76 Kings Klub community...

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEwxKkCGJE

Without having played KH 1 & 2 I don’t think you can beat this video for getting up to speed. I watched it and within 15 minutes I learned more than I could have ever imagined. It’s the most well researched and explained video you’ll ever watch about KH. It’s a very serious video. About Kingdom Hearts. I know so much about the series. More than the people who have actually played the games.

lmao, this video was so great and exactly what I expected from Polygon. I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game but read a couple of plot synopses which confirmed why I probably won't ever bother playing them. I've been having a lot of fun watching a roommate play through KH3 however and whenever it is Disney content I'm like this is cool, and then the Square Enix/KH characters show up and your eyes just immediately glaze over with all of the bullshit they are spewing.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Hoooly poo poo is the whole game really like this

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Lobok posted:

You said the Store, but what about looking through the Library on the system?

I mean in order to download them in the first place, to get them into his library? Am I missing a trick? Also Fortnite does show up in the store but just says 'this content cannot be selected at this time' when on his account. I'm thinking maybe that's an anti-griefing measure - are new accounts restricted somehow? Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pipski posted:

I mean in order to download them in the first place, to get them into his library? Am I missing a trick?

I'm not an expert on it but I know when you go to the Library on the PS4 there's been a list of games for me called "Purchased". I would think the games should be in there whether or not he's downloaded them to his system yet.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

Hoooly poo poo is the whole game really like this

Yeah, if you aren’t invested after 16 years of handhelp game plots then just skip the cutscenes.

Also the game is just too easy. I’m playing on hard and have only died 3 times to one boss.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I wonder how all the voice actors for the Disney characters must feel everytime they read for Kingdom Hearts. Like you just got out of the Mickey's playhouse singalong session and now you're matter-of-factly explaining the Unbirthed Nobody of Xehanort or w/e.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Oh yeah. The first game will probably last you somewhere in the range of 5-8 hours. If you play the other character after that you can cut your first time in half, at least, since most of the puzzles are the same and the characters only play a bit differently due to their available weapons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

I wonder how all the voice actors for the Disney characters must feel everytime they read for Kingdom Hearts. Like you just got out of the Mickey's playhouse singalong session and now you're matter-of-factly explaining the Unbirthed Nobody of Xehanort or w/e.

"Oh bother."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

"Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll voice anything you write."

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

exquisite tea posted:

The part that confuses me, as someone who just peripherally has payed attention to Kingdom Hearts games, is how the hell these story's get green-lit by whatever stakeholders Square Enix have at Disney, like surely there's some kind of oversight right? The plot for even one of these games is more convoluted than your average Final Fantasy game. like Final Fantasy's stories are deep and layered but it all is fairly easy to relate to someone who has never played the games. Kingdom Hearts? not so much... and their target audience is much younger you'd think.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

ben diskin went on-record about it once and said (in the politest language possible) that it was a miserable experience, the VA's were simultaneously micro-managed and given almost no actual direction so they were just adrift in a sea of arbitrary anime

like he was given no information on his role or on the series in general, they just showed him clips of the japanese voice acting and told him to mimic the emotion and cadence as closely as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxxidation posted:

adrift in a sea of arbitrary anime

We've had the current thread title for a bit too long now...