Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Guy Mann posted:

So your response to somebody poking fun at you writing fanfiction about a photo that's over a decade old is to write fanfiction about the poster based on offsite forums drama that's over a decade old :thunk:
It’s a dramagrudge, you wouldn’t understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Son of Thunderbeast put two fingers to his forehead and telported behind Fleta Mcgurn. "heh, nothing personnel, kid"

Downsizing time

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
For as many tangents as i inspire in this thread y'all do a fantastic job of not quoting my best posts.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

For as many tangents as i inspire in this thread y'all do a fantastic job of not quoting my best posts.

Goon, quote thyself!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Do you tell your wife to buy her own flowers, also?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

more like dramaturds!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Son of Thunderbeast put two fingers to his forehead and telported behind Fleta Mcgurn. "heh, nothing personnel, kid"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhaIQ1qZTo

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

ftrankly? honestly, in my real hjonest opinion? teachers should get to vape in their classrooms. not nicotine, co2 extracted cali grade hash oil. fuckin dabs the size of goliath beetle grubs. fistfull of moonrocks crammed into one of those bongs so complicated they look lik ea god drat marble maze. blunts the size of a baby's leg, dripping with Jah blessed rasta oil.

good luck being a school shooter when you'er proximity-baked next to the world's dankest woodshop teacher, all making pipes and bongs out of damaged chairs and such.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ah, bonglathing.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Don't sign your monitor

What is that sir doing to his McDonald's drive-thru

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

Fors Yard posted:

they should have made it without the base

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I tried piracetam a few years ago and liked it. I was pulling big words like resiliency and automation out of my rear end when I spoke and could remember memories from my childhood that I had thought forgotten. Now I have upgraded to a “stack” of nootropics consisting of piracetam, aniracetam and fascoracetam. I anticipate I will be much wiser in a month or so

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

This is a specific enough reference that I feel compelled to admit I also was thinking of it.

Anime has a lot to answer for.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dielectric posted:

The best part of a church conversion is not having to take out the garbage for a long time.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Joe Rogan gives birth to these idjits like the lady in Rabid.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Rampansam posted:

Someone needs to close this crappy thread already.

I hope a Bizarre squid with a 14 inch "cock" force fucks your rear end.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is a quality post

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Kinda wild how many posters I recognize from that old rear end thread.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"I've taught in Asia before. My butthole is inviolable."

This just reminds me of this extremely good post from the Imp Zone gaming dreams thread:

trying to jack off posted:

more of a sporting dream but i think it qualifies

last night i had a dream that i was in japan and a bunch of people were trying to teach me their local variant of baseball. you can pitch normally or do an underarm pitch where you roll the ball along the ground and the batter hits it like a golf shot. whenever you hit the ball you can run to whatever base you feel like, all the batters are naked and the goal is for the team to take a poo poo on every base including home to score. the best batters could take shits while hitting the ball or on the run over a base. when i asked them what you do if you dont need to take a poo poo they tried to explain to me a technique called "devil's bowel" but i couldn't understand because of the language barrier.

I think about Japanese Grand Slam making GBS threads Baseball and the Devil's Bowel technique more than I really should.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

This just reminds me of this extremely good post from the Imp Zone gaming dreams thread:

I think about Japanese Grand Slam making GBS threads Baseball and the Devil's Bowel technique more than I really should.

That’s the best thread on SA

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Raymond Hog posted:

I had a dream where I guess I was playing a game and after I beat it I learned it was made by hideo kojima and he was advertising a special chair needed for his next game so that you could react to a "9/11 style" event

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

ghosTTy posted:

if bitcoin doesnt get to 1mil by the end of the 2018 permaban me permaban everyone. start over. who cares, not me. bitcoin will be 1mil

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ghosTTy posted:

nocoiners gently caress you!!!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Colder than a what now?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hahahahaha

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
have any of you got the "rebendable sausage mountain" quote?

e: found it. will trade it for the one that breaks down into just going "aaaa"

quote:

No no you see the rules of language are purely arbitrary stodgy
ivory-tower crap we doesn't have to worried aboard because everytime
history on you rebendible sausage mountain.

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Feb 2, 2019

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

poverty goat posted:

wait till FYAD finds out we're glorifying suicide by meth sex for vulnerable seniors

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

chernobyl kinsman posted:

e: found it. will trade it for the one that breaks down into just going "aaaa"

Couple pages ago

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I remembered this exists so here is the context post:

Shaman Linavi posted:

I tried goons, I really did.

I think someone posted these here, and when I saw them while going through the aisles at Wal-Mart I knew I had to try them.

These are even pretty nutritious:

Only 90% of my daily saturated fat and 43% of my sodium, not too bad.

That was as far as I made it. I type this with my hands permanently stained with the smell of greasy donut. The Hot Pepper Bacon Berry Jam, while having a pleasant aroma, was basically non-existent.
The burger was your average low quality frozen puck of "beef".
It looks like there was cheese on it but maybe it was only on the half I didn't eat.
And as you can see from my dinnerware, the donut had enough grease coming out of it with every squeeze to necessitate the use of a place mat and extra paper plate.

I do NOT recommend you try the Great Value Donut Cheeseburger.

But at least my fries were good.

The actual quote I wanted to share:

Picnic Princess posted:

That is the most incredible rear end in a top hat I've ever seen on a donut.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

quote:

Goonwaffe | Prencleeve’s Grothsmore 

Chapter One | Direction in a Directionless Galaxy

Hello, I am Prencleeve Grothsmore. I’m a Eve Online pilot, just like you. I first starting playing in 2010 with a character called Graphite Vestian, I was approached by a goonwaffe recruiter. He promised to let me in and experience the highs and lows of a communist spaceship corporation, his pitch drove me in. I paid him the ISK. He ran off. After that I did some research into Goonwaffe, I found out about its vibrant history in the game of internet spaceships. I learnt about the 2010 recruitment drive and propaganda that surrounded it, also I was inspired by the direction of the “great war”.

The concept drawn out by the fore-founders of Goonwaffe was mesmerising. An in-game organization formed by SA community members which can take over the universe (or null sec). Some may laugh at how serious I am, however what I’m about to say I ment, every word I ment. From that point onwards, I knew becoming part of Goonwaffe was what I wanted to do. So from there I set off on my conquest for glory.

I would go to any means to become a member of the Goonwaffe Corporation, and once in I would contribute effectively and be a good corp member. I began conducting deeper research into how I could become part of Goonwaffe. I began by sourcing out “legitimate” recruiters. I found a guy in GS_Help who claimed he could sponsor me to get in. In hope of joining a mighty communist space faring organization, I blindly followed him. I paid him 500 million ISK. And off he went. Some will laugh at my stupidity, but as some will know. When you really want something, you become ignorant of the suffering you cause along your path. Back then a friend had given me some ISK so it was not a problem to keep mindlessly wasting ISK.

Chapter Two | Hit by the hammer

My character, Graphite Vestian, was involved in a heavy heated argument with a pirate who had just blown up my hulk. I was annoyed, and made a racist remark towards him. He reported it, and Graphite was banned. This was huge blow in all my plans, as Graphite was my only account at the time. So I went back to the drawing board, I knew I had to make a fresh start. So I bought a tone of plexes and made a new account, Prencleeve Grothsmore. I knew this where I make my stand, this is where I prove to the directors of Goonwaffe that I am a worthy member of entering the holy grail of eve corporations.

Lots of people thought that I was spy, I told them I wasn’t, but my word ment nothing to them. I told them a spy so dedicated and who had invested so much would not be doing a very good job. They ignored me and wrongly believe my intentions worth nothing but malicious and to cause harm. One day I will prove them wrong, one day.

Still recovering from the loss of ISK from Graphite’s account, I spent a long time working back ISK. I was right in doing so, because I would need it in the adventures to come. After developing around 3 Billion ISK through running incursions and ratting, I decided it was time to make some progress towards the greater goal. I made some friends in SA, and started to enquire about becoming part of the infamous internet community. I decided I was not going to invest real money just yet.

I spent a while trying to find an alternative corp to goonwaffe, my attempt was failed. My corp history grew larger by the day as I could not find a corp that lived up to greatness of what is Goonwaffe. I regretted doing this, because my long corp history only decreased my already small chances of joining Goonwaffe. I was convinced there must be at least one legitimate recruiter out there, so I went on my search to invest more ISK into a security deposit.

This time, I found a recruiter who directed me to a supposedly “official” site. The site was http://www.goonfleet.net I was convinced that nobody would design & host a site purely for the purpose of scamming, so I walked into the abyss yet again. He brought me through the usual bullshit and how I could benefit from joining (the latter isn’t bullshit). The benefits of becoming a “space-cowboy” and part of becoming part of the best premier pvp alliance in the game made my mouth drool. I controlled myself and tried to focus on the greater goal. So I entered my API details on the site. The site then told me to give a “security-deposit” of 500 Million ISK to my recruiter. Blindlessly I followed the instructions.

Surprisingly this time my recruiter didn’t block me nor did he “run away with my ISK”. Instead the application on goonfleet.net slowly progressed. Until the application on the site drew to a halt and then I realised I had been scammed. Most people would of thought this would of steered me away from joining Goonwaffe, it only drew my cause further. I enquired to some Goon officials and directors and they all told me like on the wiki “You’ve been scammed and your poo poo out of luck”.

Chapter 3 | The Birth of a Goon

I will not lie; at this point I was angry, very angry. I had lost so much, but I was prepared to lose so much more to become a well-faring member of the space guild known as Goonwaffe. Reluctantly I made the step I should of made years ago, I became an SA member. I spent $10 on a somethingawful.comaccount. I looked at the Goonwaffe recruitment thread, only to realise I had to wait 3 months of active posting to join. I was screamed at and called a J4G (Whatever that ment :P)

To my surprise, Something Awful was actually a very forum to be around. There were plenty of good offers and there were active sub communities for every game/hobby you could imagine. So I spent a while chatting with the locals in SA and joining Minecraft/battlefield/tf2 goon only servers. I had fun, I finally felt like a real goon. 3 Months was a long time, and I don’t think I was willing to wait.

I contacted a nice fella called mastercolin, he was an SA goon. He was a nice guy, but I made him an offer. An offer which potentially could help me achieve my goal of becoming a member of Goonwaffe. I paid him $20 to pretend to my account during the AUTH process to join goonwaffe. Nobody knew any the wiser as I whizzed through goonfleet.com (an actual official site). So then I got access to the forums.

The boot-camp forums were a nice place to hang out. I thought maybe this was the final step towards achieving my life-time goal. I am not exaggerating in any way when I say this was my life-time goal. I truly want it. I cannot describe in words how much I want to become a goon. It seems silly I know, but goonwaffe directors, or whoever is reading this. Hear me out load, I swear on the lives of all my family, friends and pets, joining goonwaffe is what I want the most.

When you think about it, I had invested alot: $10 for the SA account, $20 for the guy to pretend and 1.5 Billion ISK in scams. 1.5 Billion ISK is worth a fair amount of real world currency to. Let’s not forget the time I’ve invested writing this letter. It would all be worth it if I could finally become a member of Goonwaffe. I will walk to the edge of the Earth and back if it means becoming a member of Goonwaffe, I really want you to understand this.

Chapter 4 | The final hurdle

So I waited. I applied in game and waiting. I asked a few questions in GS_Help. And this is where the beginning of my troubles fell upon me. I met a few helpful fellas who didn’t question my legitimacy, and they answered by concerns. Then a guy called innominate starting doing some digging into my history.

Foolishly I named the SA account which I purchased “Sir P. Grothsmore” which was in direct connection with my main character Prencleeve Grothsmore. I tried lying my way out of it but inevitably they saw the connection and obviously realised that Mastercolin was not my account. Then they uncovered the deal I had with him and how I had paid him to use his account to go through the AUTH process.

My entire world had come tumbling down. Innominate was a director, I was at this feat. He rejected my in game application. All was lost, I truly though this was the end. Then I remembered how far I had came, and how much I had invested. I wasn’t about to give up my dream fly with fellow goons in New Eden. While writing this I feel like reciting the famous Martin Luther King speech “I have a dream”. And his dream came true (well for the most part it did). I want mine to come true. You know what they say success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

I bet your thinking, this guy forgot to take his meds, either that or he is bullshitting us. I am not, it sounds ludicrous, but I am not. I gathered up my senses and invited Inno to an MSN chat. Thankfully he accepted (God knows what would of happened if he had declined), and I told him sob story. I confessed to everything, the link to my account how I paid somebody to impersonate me. He told me what I had done was wrong, for the most part I agreed with him. I cried out to him, strangely part of him seemed merciful. I offered to write this letter to express how much I want to join. How badly I want this. And let me tell you know, I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I will do anything to become a goonwaffe member, anything.

So there we have it. I don’t know who you are; your probably some goonwaffe director laughing at me. But listen to me, read through the lines. And now I make a very broad and long-shot request. Let me into goonwaffe, I have already submitted an ingame application. For the love of god, for the love of my family, please accept it.

NOTE: As a practising roman catholic, I will abandon my faith if I have lied in any of the words above. I have lied before, but anything you have read in this letter is the truth and nothing but the truth.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

quote:

While writing this I feel like reciting the famous Martin Luther King speech “I have a dream”. And his dream came true (well for the most part it did). I want mine to come true. You know what they say success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

:catstare:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
...so did they ever get in or what??

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

this fuckin website sometimes

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I could see Vilerat reading that and being like "holy gently caress, I'd rather be in Libya than dealing with this rear end in a top hat."

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm not rereading that but does it mention that someone called his house and talked to his grandmother in an attempt to make him go away? Also he was like 14 or something at the time

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

EorayMel posted:

I remembered this exists so here is the context post:

The actual quote I wanted to share:

gotta love epic goon trash food trip reports. Why do people feel compelled to do this

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Crocoswine posted:

gotta love epic goon trash food trip reports. Why do people feel compelled to do this

For the same reason some LPers deliberately choose terrible games; so no one else will have to

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Malachite_Dragon posted:

For the same reason some LPers deliberately choose terrible games; so no one else will have to

This is true, the LPs I remember the most are usually for the games you'd never want to play. Slowbeef doing that terrible dating sim for the Nintendo DS was what made me want to buy a forums account in the first place.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
This was the same kid who claimed to have read Das Kapital 10 times by age 13. I think he posted in e/n complaining about how other kids his age were so immature (well yeah, you're 13. Go be immature with them)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Big Grunty Secret posted:

This was the same kid who claimed to have read Das Kapital 10 times by age 13. I think he posted in e/n complaining about how other kids his age were so immature (well yeah, you're 13. Go be immature with them)

Obsession with seeming mature is the most obnoxious kind of immaturity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Obsession with seeming mature is the most obnoxious kind of immaturity.

See also: giant gently caress-off pickup trucks, viz. the insecurities of the owners thereof