Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Xarthor posted:

I agree overall, but man when it's on, it's on. For example, the Newport Sex Scandal episode or the Cereal Men episode with Patton Oswald. So good.

Agreed. Those are great. Also The Rube and Enron. I listen to those every couple months. Rube Waddel is my favorite old timey baseball man now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
If lovely centrist VA Dems wring their hands over this and don't condemn it outright, I guess it will provide some damaging ammunition for right wing culture war dipshits looking for reasons to call Democrats hypocrites. Of course, they're going to do that either way.

Edit:
In a weird way, it's almost a blessing that Northam crossed such an obvious line. It will make it that much easier to dump him and get it over with.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 1, 2019

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

sexpig by night posted:

but...I thought the fbi were heroes

I have been reliably informed by Trump and the Republican party that the FBI is a nest of no-good commies and black power activists, are you suggesting that they might not be?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This isn't even a situation like Franken where you had to understand that while he may push for good stuff it was for the best that he had to go. Northram is a massive compromise and there's no reason to just dump him.

The Virginia GOP is currently also going crazy over Tran's pro-choice bill and sending her death threats so they are more riled up than I can imagine.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1091449852540739585

can't believe i canvassed for this rear end in a top hat.

glad i at least voted Periello in the primary.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

If you managed to read past the "a wall is just common sense" section of Scott's article, congratulations on having more patience than I.

Well, "common sense" is usually really bad policy, so...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

If lovely centrist VA Dems wring their hands over this and don't condemn it outright, I guess it will provide some damaging ammunition for right wing culture war dipshits looking for reasons to call Democrats hypocrites. Of course, they're going to do that either way.

I've learned over the last few years that while hypocrisy is fun to point out, it ultimately doesn't matter.

He should absolutely resign, but not because of anything the Republicans might do.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Wow, that's a real old-school Democrat right there, right back to the 1920s.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Ornedan posted:

Wait, you people don't use waste heat from power generation or industrial facilities (or straight up geothermal heat) as supply for municipal central heating systems?

I live in Ithaca, and Cornell does the opposite (using a nearby lake as a giant heat sink), to great effect: https://fcs.cornell.edu/content/lake-source-cooling

quote:

LSC saves an average of 25,000,000 kWh per year versus previous cooling methods, enough to continuously supply 2500 homes in Tompkins County! This represents about an 86% reduction in energy use for campus cooling.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1091449852540739585

can't believe i canvassed for this rear end in a top hat.

glad i at least voted Periello in the primary.

Look on the bright side: as a result, you're gonna get Governor Fairfax.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Depending on how the Virginia Constitution is written it might be very well possible that Fairfax can run for his own term in 3 years meaning he can be governor for 7 years. Lol if that’s the case then the GOP really hosed up.

I think you're right; the VA Constitution says

Article V §1 posted:

He shall be ineligible to the same office for the term next succeeding that for which he was elected, and to any other office during his term of service.

and later articles say nothing about the Lt. Governor being limited to the one term when they succeed to the Governorship.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm sort of at a loss as to anything worse than that photo could be found in a high school yearbook, really.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The GOP love to circle the wagons and defend anything their side does, I guess they expected the same to happen here

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bicyclops posted:

I'm sort of at a loss as to anything worse than that photo could be found in a high school yearbook, really.

There could have also been a passed out girl in the background.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bicyclops posted:

"Had fun at the Eyes Wide Shut style cult orgy murder party you threw! Have a great summer!"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

bobjr posted:

The GOP love to circle the wagons and defend anything their side does, I guess they expected the same to happen here

If the VA Democrats do that here they are beyond stupid.

sexpig by night posted:

"Had fun at the Eyes Wide Shut style cult orgy murder party you threw! Have a great summer!"

Everyone is horny for Ted Bundy right now it would probably go over better.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Bicyclops posted:

Medical school, actually! :eng101:

Looking forward to Governor Fairfax, he's a cool dude and would be way cooler as the guy officially commemorating the arrival of the first Africans in English America, this summer.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

I live in Ithaca, and Cornell does the opposite (using a nearby lake as a giant heat sink), to great effect: https://fcs.cornell.edu/content/lake-source-cooling

That sounds bad for the fish and such.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bicyclops posted:

Even in rural Virginia in the 80s, it's pretty amazing that it was approved?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Radish posted:

Everyone is horny for Ted Bundy right now it would probably go over better.

god why is that Bundy movie so horny anyway. Ted's whole thing was he was just a very average, unassuming, slightly charismatic guy. The 'yea he was basically an adonis sex machine' was basically his own hype and people who never interacted with him going off third hand accounts.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Bicyclops posted:

“Have you boofed yet?”

“FFFFFourth of July”

He just made the mistake of switching to the party that doesn’t applaud you being a terrible human being.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

The VA GOP is the UVA football program of politics

are the Cavs bad now? is Tech the only good VA football school?

I went to a UVA football game in Cville once and my awful-at-sports undergrad beat them and it was very funny. first and last college football game I went to.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don’t know poo poo about UVA football but the #1 seed UVA basketball lost to the 16 seed Literal Air Buds last year so

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Charliegrs posted:

If the Russians were funneling money to the GOP through the NRA then obviously the next best source to funnel money to them would be through NASCAR. Next thing you know the Russians will be funneling money to the GOP through Bass Pro Shops.

Wait, are Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Dunham sleeper agents too?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Bicyclops posted:

Its from his med school yearbook not HS.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bugsy posted:

that owns even more, two dudes in the 80's put on blackface and a KKK outfit and were going 'aw man can't wait to be a doctor' the whole time

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bugsy posted:

That’s worse since he was even older.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
*looking in the mirror as I slowly rub shoe polish over my entire face*

So anyway I was thinking I'd start in pediatrics, really give back to my home town where it can do some good you know?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Bugsy posted:

It’s funny how that makes it much worse.

It’s much easier to rationalize a sixteen year old being a complete shithead than it is for a 20 something on a highly professional career track pulling this poo poo.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Old James posted:

Wait, are Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Dunham sleeper agents too?

God, I hope so, I'd kill for their careers to finally be ruined with that kind of reveal.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More guest announcements

https://mobile.twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/status/1091357722421940224
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/1091445027790901249
https://mobile.twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1091446949667106816
https://mobile.twitter.com/RepFletcher/status/1091452036003049472

Who is Trump bringing?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

theflyingorc posted:

Even in rural Virginia in the 80s, it's pretty amazing that it was approved?

EVMS is in Norfolk.

my bony fealty posted:

are the Cavs bad now? is Tech the only good VA football school?

I went to a UVA football game in Cville once and my awful-at-sports undergrad beat them and it was very funny. first and last college football game I went to.

UVA hasn't beaten Virginia Tech since 2003. We had our worst season in any of the players' lifetimes and still eked out a win against UVA. ODU beat us though and JMU is still King poo poo of FCS Mountain so it's arguable who the best team is at the moment.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump can’t bring anyone that Nancy doesn’t approve as she is the keeper of the chamber.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TheScott2K posted:

EVMS is in Norfolk.
That only makes it worse!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Who is Trump bringing?

his own bitch rear end, speaker controls who gets invited with approval

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Quorum posted:

Medical school, actually! :eng101:

Well.... That's worse. Yikes. :stare:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Radish posted:

welp

https://twitter.com/elliosch/status/1091456200808509440

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I was a handful, ok?"