Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t think there’s anything I don’t love about Horizon’s visuals/art outside of some of the main game conversation animations. It’s gorgeous. Everything about it.

The people look off to me when they talk. I think it's their eyes. The rest of the face is full of animation but the eyes don't seem to have near the same amount of animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

blackguy32 posted:

The people look off to me when they talk. I think it's their eyes. The rest of the face is full of animation but the eyes don't seem to have near the same amount of animation.

Just like real humans ever since smartphones came along

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

ben diskin went on-record about it once and said (in the politest language possible) that it was a miserable experience, the VA's were simultaneously micro-managed and given almost no actual direction so they were just adrift in a sea of arbitrary anime

like he was given no information on his role or on the series in general, they just showed him clips of the japanese voice acting and told him to mimic the emotion and cadence as closely as possible

For how much games want to imitate movies, it's very odd how they want the dialog the actors should provide in game must be delivered while blindfolded and deafened.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I felt like Kingdom Hearts 3 does far better than it has any right to in giving out old plot threads as they become relevant. You can probably just play without the onboard recap stuff and be as fine as if you played through the series.

Either way you'll get a kick out of the revelation (mid-game spoiler) there are 3 unique hearts held inside Sora.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sounds like Sora has a long way to go to reaching Breakthrough, you need like twenty hearts for that

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Played the Anthem demo.

Good grief am I bored. :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Communist Bear posted:

Played the Anthem demo.

You mean...like, it made you more bored?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
edit: removed video because the guy is a dipshit.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 2, 2019

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Bust Rodd posted:

I just don’t understand how you can possibly think this combat has anything to do with Dark Souls, and even more unbelievably that you find this combat clunkier. Also Horizon has prettier skyboxes but everyone looks like poo poo.

It's based on dodging stuff so it's pretty dark souls like. Yea sure GOW has better character models, like all five of them

come to think of it drunk, there were like five enemy types in this game. Zombies, elves, trolls, flying shits and revenants. What a shame

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Communist Bear posted:

Played the Anthem demo.

Yeah. I was very underwhelmed. The UI is an abomination.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You mean...like, it made you more bored?

I went back and played resident evil 2. I'm happy now. Scared but happy!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HOLy FUK

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

gently caress this guy, he's well known as an alt-right troll in the MTG community.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MMD3 posted:

gently caress this guy, he's well known as an alt-right troll in the MTG community.

ah i had no idea, sorry. just relaying info since i know theres a few titianfall lovers in this thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

meh

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Vikar Jerome posted:

ah i had no idea, sorry. just relaying info since i know theres a few titianfall lovers in this thread.

no worries, I mean maybe he has legit information, I just wouldn't suggest following this guy's youtube, he can be pretty toxic.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/29/16709796/magic-the-gathering-cosplayer-harassment-youtube

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

that sucks. oh well. MAYBE NEW TITANFALL, or maybe not.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

"Now I am, of course, a gamer"

*smashes close button*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MMD3 posted:

He looks and sounds like one.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MMD3 posted:

no worries, I mean maybe he has legit information, I just wouldn't suggest following this guy's youtube, he can be pretty toxic.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/29/16709796/magic-the-gathering-cosplayer-harassment-youtube

Good lord this guy loving sucks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

making more sense why Respawn "didn't get back" to him

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

I read most of the article and foolishly clicked on a link to him saying testosterone is the basis of your competitive level in raletion to magic the gathering. He actually had to take a five second series of deep breaths before saying it because he knows deep inside he's an rear end in a top hat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

His The Amazing Atheist cosplay is on point tho.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Lumpy posted:

Yeah. I was very underwhelmed. The UI is an abomination.

It wasn't so much the ui but the fact that everything I was doing felt ultra weak because of the whole bullet sponge thing. Emptying entire clips into one enemy to down them just isn't fun to me anymore.

I dunno. Maybe I'll go reinstall Wildlands on realistic difficulty or play MGS or something.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Lobok posted:

I'm not an expert on it but I know when you go to the Library on the PS4 there's been a list of games for me called "Purchased". I would think the games should be in there whether or not he's downloaded them to his system yet.

Yeah, but I can't even get as far as purchasing them, because they simply don't show in the store. Yet on my account on the same console, they do. It's just weird. I'll wait and see if it resolves itself over the weekend. Can't think of anything else to try.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Don't post that retard here

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carmant posted:

I wish you could read this reply but your monitor is turned off :shrug:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wish you could read this reply but your monitor is turned off :shrug:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Heyyy it's ya boy NoobSlayer Legacy with a white hot new industry rumor: Could a surprise Half-Life 3 release be imminent? We'll discuss all that and more in today's update, please remember to like and slam that subscribe button!

*his lawyer next day* Mr. Reed would like to apologize for the crass and unprofessional slurs uttered in yesterday's "NoobSlayer" video.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Man, all you gotta do to get some good back and forth in here is mention the Witcher 3. Sometimes Blood Borne or Dark Souls does it, but often becomes a bit more toxic. Anyway, I’ll definitely be checking out Witcher 3. Thanks for all the info.

Also I never played a Kingdom Hearts before nor did I watch lore videos. Was always interested seeing friends playing it growing up and such.

That said, I couldn’t get into KH3 at all. I could see it being fun for the following reasons:

Nostalgia
You’re a kid
You really like Disney

I say all the above because It’s a mindless action RPG on rails really with no effort or strategy for combat, not cause I think it’s too childish. Plus, as others have said, you can tell Disney really had its claws in the game as Disney does, there’s hardly any other characters. I’ve never wanted to skip cut scenes more, the first hour is like 5 mins of gameplay. It just also doesn’t feel polished and a bit rushed out the gate

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there’s a ton of other characters, they’re just the awful sentient haircuts original to the KH games rather than anyone from final fantasy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

honestly would have maybe played through the game if there was more FF7 poo poo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just jumping into the 10th entry of this JRPG series, whoa I don't understand the story at all wth

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

honestly curious if those that are KH fans and played the previous iterations understand the story without brushing up on three hour YouTube lore series

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

homeless snail posted:

Just jumping into the 10th entry of this JRPG series, whoa I don't understand the story at all wth

I mean, I love the series, but even I'm at the point now where if they're not introducing new Disney characters during a cutscene then it's prime phone-checkin time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Heyyy it's ya boy NoobSlayer Legacy with a white hot new industry rumor: Could a surprise Half-Life 3 release be imminent? We'll discuss all that and more in today's update, please remember to like and slam that subscribe button!

i am not owned. i am not owned!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pipski posted:

Yeah, but I can't even get as far as purchasing them, because they simply don't show in the store. Yet on my account on the same console, they do. It's just weird. I'll wait and see if it resolves itself over the weekend. Can't think of anything else to try.

Ah sorry, misunderstood.

To be honest I wasn't all that confident I could help with your question but I thought suggesting at least something would bump your post so more people could see it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

homeless snail posted:

We've been over this, whether you played the previous games or not, you're in for a rough ride.

Actually I'm trying to decide which hosed up the basics of character motivations and relationships worse, this or Star trek Discovery. I was hoping season 2 would be better but it's still a wreck.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Beat Bloodborne, ordered the Dark Souls trilogy. I guess I won’t need any other games for a year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

dantheman650 posted:

Beat Bloodborne, ordered the Dark Souls trilogy. I guess I won’t need any other games for a year or so.

Beanpole congratulating yet another goon on a good life decision

Feel free to hype with us in the Sekiro thread, too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860077&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1