Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
How behind are the VA right now in processing enrollments? Nobody I get on the phone even wants to give me a rough sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Not very, from my certifying official this afternoon. I had some fuckery going on with my courses that I had to work out with the assistance of my advisor, but even with turning in the paperwork at the beginning of this month I should be straight by mid-Feb at the latest.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
tfw you pick the group assignment position where you're not in charge but you basically end up having to be in charge anyways :smithicide:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods changed my name posted:

tfw you pick the group assignment position where you're not in charge but you basically end up having to be in charge anyways :smithicide:

lol I'm sitting back and cruising right now in two different group projects

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i'm in the middle of a heated debate on how to make a slide deck via group chat

the person that wanted to be in charge is like I HAVE TO WORK AND I HAVE SO MANY CREDITS

like motherfucker you picked to be the boss, when in charge be in charge HOOAH HUA OORAH?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
like I could do it but I know how this game plays out

edit: liek I'm just like "someone just make a slide template" and we can go from there but thats like some revolutionary idea

edit2: i dont even need this class except to get a loving general studies AA and I figured I might as well and I regret it already

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
loving idiot just said to send stuff to his yahoo email in a word doc after i set up a share drive on google and everything gently caress this

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol rip me. I get to train four undergrads who are brand new to lab research and their schedules don't line up so I can teach them all at once. :suicide:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm really enjoying not being in class or away doing military stuff for the first time in half a decade. Counterpoint, I need to find a job.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

DoktorLoken posted:

I actually did it :toot:

Nice! grad school when

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nice! grad school when

In the near term I just want to find some GIS related work here or in Chicago. Medium term, maybe grad school part time in either GIS or Urban Planning. UIC, UW-Milwaukee and UW-Madison all have decent Urban Planning programs too, so it should be a pretty good option in this region.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

grad school is the new undergrad amiright

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

grad school is the new undergrad amiright

lol yesterday was the drop deadline so I laid awake in bed until midnight staring at the ceiling and wondering if it is even worthwhile to finish my BA

i mean obviously the pride I will feel as the only dishwasher in the restaurant with a degree will be worth more than any money

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mods changed my name posted:

loving idiot just said to send stuff to his yahoo email in a word doc after i set up a share drive on google and everything gently caress this

I hate people that do this, especially in group projects. OTOH, Google Docs sucks.

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
I guess it is going to be another one of those semesters.

- Car blew a head gasket 5k miles after I replaced the engine. (Don't ever buy a saturn).
Acquired reliable beater, couldn't go to title office to handle poo poo because it's colder than Antarctica and they were closed.
- Being a FT student and a FT employee sucks. Can't bail on Job because I am the one with the good insurance. Benefits are -just- good enough to make it a pain in the rear end.
- Big paying internship I wanted and interviewed for 3 months ago just got back to me, 2 weeks into the semester. They want me to do 30 hours a week first shift (When I am in class). Doesn't cover what I am making at dogshit FT union gig, but I need 300 internship hours to graduate.

I miss the Army...

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

MrDesaude posted:

I miss the Army...

no

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hells yeah, I already got my money. I'm getting 1700 bucks a month this semester. Maybe I can afford new tires now.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
So for some reason they sent me a letter stating that I’m entitled to $500 a month for housing even though at my level it should be $900. Very interesting.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
are you online only?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It says all my hours are distance learning, but I have to attend a physical, on campus class for every single one, 16 credit hours.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
go punch the va person at your school in the loving mouth

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Sir that is illegal, please calm down

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
What are you? A cop?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The VA lady at Bama basically spent 15 minutes not listening to my questions and going on about how I should apply to have my percentage upped.

Every single person I've dealt with besides her at that school has been frighteningly competent. I'm sure she's handling my packet.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Woof Blitzer posted:

Sir that is illegal, please calm down

i meant metaphorically, using your extreme logic to own them. it sounds like something they could clear up, because you're getting the generic distance learning rate probably. as far as i know if you need to step foot on campus for a single class you're entitled to the full rate

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I got the impression none of these fools know what they’re doing.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah well that's SOP

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are you physically touching the professor? No? So you're a distance away from them? Sounds like distance learning to me. :smugdog:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lol gf starting college and she’s like: “wait I have to pay how much for a book and I can’t get used cause I need a code for the online portion for turning in assignments?”

lol yep

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Luckily the books with codes often offer an ebook with the code, so you don't have to buy the book. Just the code.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Lol gf starting college and she’s like: “wait I have to pay how much for a book and I can’t get used cause I need a code for the online portion for turning in assignments?”

lol yep

the academic book publishing complex is strong

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Really glad all my books are included in my tuition, and they're all digital.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
3/4 of my classes this semester were like "gently caress the code poo poo buy used on Amazon" and it really owns. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that but our book store went from being a campus run thing to being sold out to some corporation and I think everyone is rebelling.

the one class that I had to buy a big money book from is a marketing class and the guy literally works in marketing for one of the big publishers and believe you me that's gonna come up in the end of semester review

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My school's book store was bought out by barnes and noble and now everything is more expensive. Also, they suck at book apparently and the lab books were two weeks late.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol yep

This is basically why my Italian book is 200 dollars.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Hey don't worry you can sell the book back to the bookstore at the end of the year. *next year's instructor goes with a different book/different version of the same book* We will give you a penny for it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Don't worry, in grad school you'll either spend a thousand bucks for a book or hardly anything :unsmith:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Civil Engineering Graduate classes are great because your books are just industry standards that you have to have for the licensing exam anyways.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m just going to make inferences from the table of contents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Don't worry, in grad school you'll either spend a thousand bucks for a book or hardly anything :unsmith:

yeah our Stats professor uses a textbook from 2005. It cost me three bucks on Amazon. As he put it, "you'd need about ten more years of math class before you got the point where things would change".