Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
anyone that just happens to be in the area really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

LethalGeek posted:

im just a humble janitor. that poop is for the poor fuckers in that department.

:murder: everyone involved

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

well i mean, he'd try but wind up hiring an FBI agent accidentally again or something

ross was a horrible person but also pretty incompetent, remember

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

2 million is more than enough. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 1 day ago by slvbtc

Forget the weak hands, the speculators and the wannabe bitcoiners.

How many true die hard believers are there today. The people that would never walk away from the idea of peer to peer money.

Im assuming about half of the current holders are die hard bitcoiners. Somewhere around 2 million people globally.

2 million people is more than enough to push humanity into the future of money, solwly but surely.

The game has already been won.

murdocsvk 2 points 15 hours ago

I think it is enough if one country which is already screwed in the fiat system turns to BTC. For example Venezuela. If they ditch their bolivar and start using only BTC they would be able to show the rest of the world that the BTC backed economy is working and after that there is no way back. They could easily become one of the richest countries.

Adoption of internet started in wealthy countries, the poor countries will be the cradle of the BTC backed economy.

area51perp 1 point 15 hours ago

This is massive. Biblical. It's bigger than banks. Even the super power governments shake in fear. There's a real war going on.

HARDETH -2 points 1 day ago

2 million will continue the preservation of life on Earth, while the rest will eventually whither away in poverty and hunger.

Harsh, yes, but nobody to blame but short sighted and greed in Fiat.

Ray_paxful 0 points 1 day ago

100,000 HODL’rs is enough and I would say with confidence that just 100 dedixated die hard entrepreneurs who truly believe in p2pfinance is enough to radically change the world.

That is enough to organicaly build the p2pfinance economy, to create platforms that cater to every country, ever niche and every desperate scenario. These threads of human liberation will come together to weave the fabric of the worlds first people powered financial network. You can see it now already in play on p2p marketplaces like Paxful, LBC, CoinCola and all the other new p2p marketplaces that are solving problems for real people along True use cases.

It is only now just beginning. 10 years after humanity was gifted with the Miracle of p2p electronic cash Bitcoin, we have a network of true beleivers 2 million strong to educate, evangalize and most importantly Hold 💪 in the face of FUD. That is another miracle. We have been blessed with the third miracle of the maturation of the sharing economy. Peoples are now open to getting into a strangers car for a ride to point B thanks to Uber and thus they are open to sharing the financial accounts to help people send money, pay bills and get paid.

It is inspiring to see the youth of Africa embrace p2pfinance with such zeal. We are all learning from each other and we have a window to truly change the world these next 3 years.

Sky is the limit.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 12 minutes ago

Bitcoin will change the world in more profound and wonderful ways than the Internet did. Not just Bitcoin but the underlying ideas and technology: a perfect decentralized ledger, money without über-criminal banksters, the ability to create something that can't be destroyed etc. The Internet was just an appetizer, and this corporate bullshit Internet that we're using now will die thanks to Bitcoin and its intellectual/technological spawn.

Enjoy the ride. It's gonna get even more fun than it has been over the past decade.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Pretend I posted the excerpt about the neocortex of the mammalian brain here

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Before Uber, people spent at least a couple of days with the cabby to know them better, not to get into a stranger's car.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

LethalGeek posted:

so i get an email at work about a random piece of software getting updated as a heads up incase someone asks about it and oh boy the release notes for this was :eyepoop:

https://www.evpsys.com/software/faq/crypto.html

i flatly do not believe that is a question that anyone anywhere has asked with any frequency

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

https://www.evpsys.com/software/faq/crypto.html

i flatly do not believe that is a question that anyone anywhere has asked with any frequency

:wrong:

i ask that every day

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 12 minutes ago

Bitcoin will change the world in more profound and wonderful ways than the Internet did. Not just Bitcoin but the underlying ideas and technology: a perfect decentralized ledger, money without über-criminal banksters, the ability to create something that can't be destroyed etc. The Internet was just an appetizer, and this corporate bullshit Internet that we're using now will die thanks to Bitcoin and its intellectual/technological spawn.

Enjoy the ride. It's gonna get even more fun than it has been over the past decade.

i super want to know what "internet" diydude thinks would be left if you got rid of the "corporate bullshit internet" by getting rid of all corporations and governments

...!
Oct 5, 2003

bitcoiners constantly talk about creating a new decentralized internet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

...! posted:

bitcoiners constantly talk about creating a new decentralized internet

Internet without a centre. Doughnut internet.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

...! posted:

I think it is enough if one country which is already screwed in the fiat system turns to BTC. For example Venezuela.

The petro, or petromoneda,[2] launched in February 2018, is a cryptocurrency developed by the government of Venezuela.[3][4] As of August 2018 it does not appear to function as a currency.[5]

Even after the launch, white papers in various languages still shared conflicting information as to which platform the petro was part of.[20] Due to the unorganized launch by the Venezuelan government, scammers were able to establish their own "petro" currencies on various cryptocurrency platforms, though these schemes did not garner much success.[20]

When visiting the Venezuelan Ministry of Finance headquarters in Caracas, the Superintendent of Cryptocurrencies did not have an office there and their promoted website did not exist.[5]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

The petro, or petromoneda,[2] launched in February 2018, is a cryptocurrency developed by the government of Venezuela.[3][4] As of August 2018 it does not appear to function as a currency.[5]

Even after the launch, white papers in various languages still shared conflicting information as to which platform the petro was part of.[20] Due to the unorganized launch by the Venezuelan government, scammers were able to establish their own "petro" currencies on various cryptocurrency platforms, though these schemes did not garner much success.[20]

When visiting the Venezuelan Ministry of Finance headquarters in Caracas, the Superintendent of Cryptocurrencies did not have an office there and their promoted website did not exist.[5]

this isn’t the worthless things on wikipedia thread

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Soricidus posted:

this isn’t the worthless things on wikipedia thread

:wrong:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

so are you supposed to hodl bitcoin or use bitcoin to destroy the fiat system and usurp the banker elites

it's not clear which one

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
you hodl butts, and then the fiat system collapses because everyone sees you hodling and is convinced by the power of your faith, and then you live out your life in luxury while the naysayers kiss your feet and beg for satoshis

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
in the future, the internet will be powered by bitcoin

like bitcoin, it will require the electrical equivalent of a small country to move a few hundred packets a day

edit: wrap it up nocoinailures

jimmyjams fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 2, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jimmyjams posted:

in the future, the internet will be powered by bitcoin

like bitcoin, it will require the electrical equivalent of a small country to move a few hundred packets a day

edit: wrap it up nocoinailures

Forget electricity. The internet will be a network of bonfires transmitting data through smoke signals.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Is this a metaphor for bitcoin? Or maybe clownpeniscoin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwV_8wMID3w

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shame Boy posted:

i super want to know what "internet" diydude thinks would be left if you got rid of the "corporate bullshit internet" by getting rid of all corporations and governments

it would be through something like the outernet. you can already use an sdr to receive and send data on it, no company required

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what about the people that made the sdr

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

trying to parse diydude's insane ramblings is like trying to examine the world of a delusional schizophrenic, except he probably doesn't have the excuse of severe mental illness

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

fisting by many posted:

so are you supposed to hodl bitcoin or use bitcoin to destroy the fiat system and usurp the banker elites

it's not clear which one

bitcoin is many things, even contradictory ones!

not a cult

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you hold, every one else spends

you talk loudly about how you use bitcoin all the time and try and trick others into actually doing it

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Boxturret posted:

what about the people that made the sdr

they toil in the underground fabrication plants

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

kw0134 posted:

trying to parse diydude's insane ramblings is like trying to examine the world of a delusional schizophrenic, except he probably doesn't have the excuse of severe mental illness

i wouldn't be so sure about that last part

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
if you include personality disorders (which people generally shouldn't) he qualifies easily

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
YOSPOS > buttcoin thraed: the day the money died

...!
Oct 5, 2003

has anyone said markdidnothingwrongcoin yet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

has anyone said markdidnothingwrongcoin yet?

u

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:vince:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • -1 points • submitted 5 hours ago

Mass adoption will happen out of necessity when the banks collapse -- which is on the horizon. Serious problems exist in traditional financial ledgers, just the problem Bitcoin and blockchain were meant to solve.

People will be much more amenable to peer-to-peer money when these problems become apparent in the form of not being able to use bank cards, payments not hitting accounts in a timely manner, bail ins/outs and the like.

This will happen within the next year. Hold on to that BTC. It will come in handy.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

no it wont

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Not Sure How To Break The News (self.QuadrigaCX)
submitted 6 hours ago by esketitcoin

Last year around December my parents started even asking me what this whole bitcoin and crypto thing was

Long story short my Dad ended up investing 50k diversified throughout a few coins... all through Quad

I'm not sure how to break the news to him that all of the money is most likely gone

This is horrible and I hope we all see a good outcome from this

Anyone else in a similar, awkward boat?

gofishus 9 points 5 hours ago

I lost $200k of my parents money. yeah i have no idea how to break this either...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

problems become apparent in the form of not being able to use bank cards, payments not hitting accounts in a timely manner, bail ins/outs and the like.

those all happen in bitcoin

okay maybe not bailouts but for the user isn't it better that their bank doesn't collapse?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Quadriga’s Litecoin "cold" wallets are being drained right this moment

I guess the ghost of Gerald Cotten’s finding the afterlife pricier than he’d expected

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

gerard cotton

david gerald

coin-cidence?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Boxturret posted:

gerard cotton

david gerald

coin-cidence?