Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Does anyone think Monique is getting a winner's edit? She is basically providing the entire narrative. I feel like every episode opens with Monique.
I assumed that was because everyone loves (or loved until they got sick of) her talking heads, but it could be, and you're definitely right that she's been getting a super friendly edit. drat I'll be pissed if it's Monique instead of Manila.

e:

jit bull transpile posted:

I think if OGDR is gonna keep going they really need to start reaching more into talent pools outside of NY and LA and that's gonna require getting more multicultural.
not emptyquoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Does anyone think Monique is getting a winner's edit? She is basically providing the entire narrative. I feel like every episode opens with Monique.

I think it’s just because she gives really good talking heads.
AllStars 2 had a lot of Katya narration.

I know some people are sick of her, but I would not be upset if Monique was always giving talking heads regardless if she’s even on the season. Just have her be the constant narrator.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

garthoneeye posted:

I think it’s just because she gives really good talking heads.
AllStars 2 had a lot of Katya narration.

I know some people are sick of her, but I would not be upset if Monique was always giving talking heads regardless if she’s even on the season. Just have her be the constant narrator.

Honestly same. On any other queen, I would be beyond over the goops and the gabs but Monique is just so fun, I still love it. :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I wish her runways were good enough for me to believe she could win. I love Monique and I do hope she's in the top, but I can't see her taking the crown. I think she's getting so much screen time b/c why the hell wouldn't you give her as much time as possible in the confessional room, she's narration gold.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

esperterra posted:

I wish her runways were good enough for me to believe she could win. I love Monique and I do hope she's in the top, but I can't see her taking the crown. I think she's getting so much screen time b/c why the hell wouldn't you give her as much time as possible in the confessional room, she's narration gold.

Yeah, I think runway is essentially disqualifying for both Monique and Monet.

The only way I see Manilla losing is if she lands in the bottom and the top queen actually pulls her lipstick or if they bring back the jury and Manilla doesn’t make it into the final choice. I can’t see Ru picking any queen over Manilla right now.

Trinity or Naomi could reasonably win if they start stepping up in challenges. Naomi was constantly high before the roast, if she can pull a couple wins she has a shot. Trinity started strong but then faded a bit; she can still turn it around.

Latrice is dead in the water. She has never been amazing in the challenges this season and her runway, while always polished, is not quite strong enough.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

garthoneeye posted:

The only way I see Manilla losing is if she lands in the bottom and the top queen actually pulls her lipstick or if they bring back the jury and Manilla doesn’t make it into the final choice. I can’t see Ru picking any queen over Manilla right now.

Trinity or Naomi could reasonably win if they start stepping up in challenges. Naomi was constantly high before the roast, if she can pull a couple wins she has a shot. Trinity started strong but then faded a bit; she can still turn it around.

Latrice is dead in the water. She has never been amazing in the challenges this season and her runway, while always polished, is not quite strong enough.

Off-topic, but your username is a real blast from the past.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

garthoneeye posted:

Monique and Monet win a lot, and Monique has great talking-head snippets, but like everyone else I don't see anyone but Manila winning. Although I'd love for Naomi to just totally start highlighting how awesome she is and pull a surprise win out.

esperterra posted:

I got bored

You're a treasure

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Let do this!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Willam was saying on the latest Race Chasers that he lent several of his outfits to a few queens on this season, like this yellow fur coat that Naomi wore last week.

Edit: All of these Judys are like, really cute

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 2, 2019

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Our guest judge Frances Bean Cobain, and RuPaul, 25 years ago:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

It has to be Naomi and Monet, right? :ohdear:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Latrice's good Judy in drag looks like Mimi Imfirst. That's not good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

AAAAAAAAAAA MY HEART

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Franky Bean looks like a goddamn elf, like she's inhuman.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
AHHHHHHH, the (famous) photo I already posted!!!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

AHHHHHHH, the (famous) photo I already posted!!!

you're essentially on drag race now, you're basically rupaul

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I always loved that pic. <3

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

you're essentially on drag race now, you're basically rupaul

I am.

edit:

WHAT

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

THE FUCKERY

i am GAGGED

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

:tviv:

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Naomi is an insanely talented lipsyncer and all I can say about her choice is Raven must be so proud

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

GOOPED

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
That was one of the most calculated choices I’ve seen happen on this show. I’m actually stunned by Naomi, but she loving slayed tonight.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Rock on, Naomi.

Now let's see who Monet picked.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I am excited to see how this plays out when I get home. Naomi's lipstick is one of the 3 things I've known since they filmed.

Been hard stanning for my S3 winner and knowing her fate lmao.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i can't believe naomi was living while manila was dying

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
From most boring queen to most hated in one episode

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader

Eej posted:

From most boring queen to most hated in one episode

Seriously this. I spent most of this season (and season eight) being pretty meh on Naomi, and she was just starting to win me over with the two lip sync performances recently. But this decision just seems really poorly thought out and I can't imagine it's going to be well received.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wonder if Naomi is gonna survive the internet shitstorm (hope she doesn't)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love the balls on her. Her first win and she takes out one of the front runners. I wanted the crown for Manila so badly before I heard the tea months ago. I'm just relieved this gag happened on a season where the top queens all have more or less the same amount of wins. It would probably bother me way more if Manila had a Dela-esque run of winning way more challenges than everyone else, but it's so even this year it won't feel like Trinity or Monet or Monique are just filling a huge void left by her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
From reddit:

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Wow, this season's theme is definitely "no one is off-limits". I mean I'm a huge Naomi fan and I totally see her reasoning (Manila is strong as hell and the hardest competition for everyone). I really hope there isn't an internet shitstorm but of course there will be :(

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

UGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This was such a cute episode and then it had to go and do THAT.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
While I sift through all the takes of Naomi having huge balls for making Manila's husband cry on national TV I just realized I feel really bad for Trinity who wanted to make sure she won against the best contestants so she wouldn't get a tainted win Trixie style.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Romper. Room. Fuckery.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Valentina and Manila back-to-back is shocking. Both had Trixie Mattel upside but I'm glad someone FINALLY decided to make their own rules with All-Stars format and take out the threat when they had the chance. :colbert:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also Naomi defending her shady behaviour in the preview by saying "Life's not fair." when she's a gay PoC is :ironicat:

Life's gotta be pretty cushy for young queers nowadays if they feel comfortable trotting that ol' phrase out

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:tviv: Oh my loving god. I don't know how to feel about this episode

On one hand I'm glad Naomi finally got her recognition and she just served the best lipsync of the season. On the other hand Manila had become my new favorite to win and it was not her time to go at all, especially when she's up against Latrice. On the other other hand the sheer nerve Naomi had to basically hold the producers at gunpoint and say "I'm not a loving filler queen, bitch" is something I can admire and respect.

So much mixed feelings. All I can definitely say now is that 1) Monique should've made top 2 like c'mon and 2) I'm completely 100% strapped in to this crazy roller coaster now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

gently caress!