Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Tendai posted:

I love that parrots get all long and smooth when they're trying to be super charming :3:

I got the gif working! He dances like that for 3-5 minutes usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha look at him go.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Important landmark: I can now pick Ozzy up out of the cage without waiting for him to come out on his own. He makes a fuss about it, and beaks my fingers a bit, but I can reach into the cage and ask him to step up, and he will (eventually) oblige. Hands are still scary. Fortunately, he's usually willing to cooperate with what I want without being picked up, though this morning was a bit of drama because I wanted to have a shower, and Sera wanted to have a shower, and Ozzy did not. And fine, you don't want to have a shower, I won't make you have a shower, but if I go into the bathroom with Sera and you're alone you'll scream the place down, just come into the bathroom and sit on the perch and wait for us to get clean.

This bird, I tell you. I can ask him to go into the cage and he'll go into the cage, but god forbid I try to touch him. Some day he'll be hand-tame. Someday.

Also important: he has figured out how to fly down. He hasn't been good at that since his feathers grew in.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Kenshin posted:

Just don't get a cockatoo or macaw.
get several hundred budgies and live with them in a room

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The best way to put it is the amount of time and energy birds take based off size is not linear but exponential.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

When you are really into it.
https://i.imgur.com/9sbSjnm.mp4

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fill your house with cockatiels.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tendai posted:

Fill your house with cockatiels.

this but hard mode: cassowaries

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

:love: :3:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1091726325608599553

Pinto really enjoying having a little bird bath thing in the cage.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Cookies posted:

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1091726325608599553

Pinto really enjoying having a little bird bath thing in the cage.
He really is a sweet-looking little guy :3: That face!

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

GoldStandardConure posted:

pigeons for coo mode

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Just move to rural Australia to cut out the middleman.

Thinking of picking up some wild bird feed to befriend the various local screeching flapping things.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just move to rural Australia to cut out the middleman.

Thinking of picking up some wild bird feed to befriend the various local screeching flapping things.

i escaped rural australia to move to inner city australia ok i'm not going back

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

i ... move[d] to inner city australia ok

I thought you moved to Perth

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I thought you moved to Perth

perth is a city :colbert:

and i'm inner it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You fool! Don't take a picture, put the lid on and trap the nightmare monster once and for all while you have the chance!

He's gonna make you pay for disturbing him either way... :ohdear:

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Tito (tiel) looks at me the same way when i sneak up on him while he's 'hiding'. There's a lot more hissing and flapping, but the look is still there.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
He's smirking after me yelling at his broke tail feather rear end to stop shredding wedding invites.

And yea, you got your wings clipped for acting a fool, dick.

#superbirdsunday

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Packing lunches for work tomorrow and

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1092277598774878208

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
My tiel finally learned how to land, so now he zooms around the living room without crashing and panicking whenever he flies. Very cool! However, the same day he also discovered jerking off by rubbing his butt on a hinge on top of his cage... I'm unsure if this is related or if I like the development

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
just spray him with a bottle, that way he'll associate jerkin it with bathtime and you'll be able to give him baths easier

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

More slow motion bird

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1092416059431415810

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

When you slow down bird calls you can definitely hear they're dinosaurs, just smaller and faster.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I for one love the fact that we can hang out and play with dinosaurs that are fluffy, it owns

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Oh hi Hannah, just gonna stick my hand in there really really quickly and grab that towel, ok?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Pookah posted:

Oh hi Hannah, just gonna stick my hand in there really really quickly and grab that towel, ok?

"Honey where did all these red towels come from?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Serra is in full blown angry hormonal egg laying mode.

Please send help.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Switch the eggs with fakes, then make tiny scrambled eggs with her real ones and serve it to her.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

nielsm posted:

Switch the eggs with fakes, then make tiny scrambled eggs with her real ones and serve it to her.

Seconded. Buy a clutch of fake eggs off the internet, swap them from her nest when she's asleep. If her eggs are fertilised, sterilise them by cooking (and serving them to her as a nutritious breakfast) or shaking. They can be given back to her at this point if you wish. DO NOT take away all her eggs without giving replacements or she will keep laying until she has a full clutch and exhaust herself and her body's supply of nutrients, especially calcium. Eventually she will get bored and ignore them in her own time.

If she keeps going broody regularly and it becomes a health problem or you think it might become a health problem (especially if she's very old, young, or has other health conditions) a suprelorin implant or other form of birth control can be effective. Crouton is an enthusiastic layer and has a few reproductive system abnormalities that mean producing and laying eggs is hard for her so she got the implant to keep her happy and healthy. You can get it in six-month or twelve-month versions and it's implanted beneath the skin, kind of like a big microchip. Suprelorin implants are commonly used in hens, especially those who come from egg farms, to both improve their quality of life and extend their lifespan. In uncommon-but-not-unheard-of cases it can take a laying hen's lifespan from ~2 years to 10 or more.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Thanks for the advice, but I'm just making light of her being a pissy hate floof. I've had cockatiels laying eggs in my care for over 25 years.

However, Serra is the first one to lay an egg ON me. :stare:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lay an egg on HER and see how SHE likes it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I never considered that there's birdy birth control medication but the fact there is delights me ever so much, for some reason.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
bird control :v:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Pinto wouldn't stop making kissy noises as I was getting ready to leave for work this morning and it took a lot for me to actually get out the door.

I don't want to leave my tiny green affectionate bird.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

nielsm posted:

When you slow down bird calls you can definitely hear they're dinosaurs, just smaller and faster.

My brother andII used to record our budgies and play it back slowed down. They sound like dino-turkeys! Like what normally sounds like a little chirp is actually several waves of gobbles.

Lookit this turkey!!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's clearly a lemon :colbert:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

A lemon named Banana. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Budgeatiel and cockerigar

(Credit: https://www.instagram.com/birdsasotherbirds )