Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

I'd honestly rather have this

After they uguu-ified lizard people in development you know this was never going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I was hoping for a Dancer reveal but the Yorha surprise laid me flat out as it is. gently caress I can't wait

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Earrings are +30% exp up to level 70, but this time their ilvl scales to your job level.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Preorder's early access date.

Some regions will be on the 7th.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Who the gently caress is watching this Twitch stream that doesn't already have a sub

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Me: I think I'm done with FFXIV forever to be honest
FFXIV: NIER AUTOMATA CONTENT NIER AUTOMATA CONTENT NIER AUTOMATA CONTENT
Me: Yep, I'm back.

Fucks sake.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
gonna own when Yoko Taro forces you to delete your character in order to beat the raid and get 2B's armor for your next character

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I look forward to everyone on Balmung Fanta-ing to Viera. :v:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FZeroRacer posted:

gonna own when Yoko Taro forces you to delete your character in order to beat the raid and get 2B's armor for your next character
My money's on the Yorha being connected to all that poo poo Varis was going on about.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Red Red Blue posted:

I'm excited for the nier raid but then I also remembered that they're doing that dumbass datacenter rearrangement and I got angry again

Nier is gonna be the 24man, duder, server rearrangement is going to mean hardly bupkis to it.

Veev posted:

I know no one agrees with me but I'm so sick of crossovers.

Source your quotes.

....wait a second, you're not Mord.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Feb 2, 2019

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
When they started showing Saito, Yoko Taro, and NieR, I began screaming and bouncing up and down in my seat. I'm 31 and it was like 3:50 AM here. I am not ashamed. Can't loving WAIT.

Gunbreaker will be cool, looking forward to leveling it although I wish we were given the option to level these jobs from 1. Beyond that, I'm disappointed they didn't show male Viera, but once again joking about Viangaa made up for it. I still want Viangaa to legitimately be a thing, it's hilarious.

It will be a long wait to July.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nier is gonna be the 24man, duder, server rearrangement is going to mean hardly bupkis to it.

I mean in general, I'm going to suddenly not be able to play with some of my friends anymore unless I leave my other friends. It's so loving stupid

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjPVSF2dpUE
Extended trailer.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Congrats on completely missing the point, as always.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/thejadedguy/status/844352570470645760?lang=en

Also, anyone who has not played NieR Automata is no friend of mine.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Red Red Blue posted:

I mean in general, I'm going to suddenly not be able to play with some of my friends anymore unless I leave my other friends. It's so loving stupid

Why don't all your friends move to the same server with all the server transfers they're handing out to people who are affected by the redistribution?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
They keep emphasizing how revolutionary New Game+ is as a concept and it's still funny to me.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItY4mNnRnsU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVVsm-9-o4E

Rak'tika Greatwood and Il Mheg videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTe_GM8uEk0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JE4-T-i0s

Gunbreaker and Viera reveal videos.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

guess we're going back to the loving waking sands

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Why don't all your friends move to the same server with all the server transfers they're handing out to people who are affected by the redistribution?

Probably because they don't want to leave their friends, I would guess. It's making people choose between groups for no good reason

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Veev posted:

They keep emphasizing how revolutionary New Game+ is as a concept and it's still funny to me.

It is a bit silly, but it's also been heavily requested on the forums forever, and hell, me too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that rak'tika track is fantastic

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

It is a bit silly, but it's also been heavily requested on the forums forever, and hell, me too.
How is it going to work?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

FactsAreUseless posted:

How is it going to work?

You can replay through the msq and also job quests. They (well at least the combat ones, not really sure how the hand/land stuff will work) will scale to your level. There's no benefit, it's just for fun. And they confirmed you can skip around so you don't have redo msq to get to hw. I don't have much interest in redoing the msq for the most part, outside of a few of the more interesting solo trials, but there are definitely some job quests I want to go through again.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I've wanted NG+ for a while, so yeah, I'm excited for it. It's definitely ambitious in an MMO.

They said that the way it works, you'll be able to replay old missions as your high level self while not sacrificing your current progress. So, for instance, you can be a level 70 ready for Ghimlyt Dark and use NG+ to be able to make a separate memory back in time with, say, the Sylph quests before Thousand Maws of Totorak. And when you get bored of that, you'll still have access to Ghimlyt Dark and everything you've done before.

Want to relive the battle with Raubahn for Ishgard's training exercise, or redo Azim Steppe's Nhadaam? You can finally do that, and without making a new character. Hell, this also means you can relive the Role-Play scenarios from recent patches too. I'm hype.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Gunblade class being a new tank is a great troll, I can't wait to play it. :getin:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hi-res. This a sneak at a new dungeon?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gunbreaker and Yorha seem cool and all but where's my Dancer reveal??

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Give me the Viangaa you cowards

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gunbreaker and Yorha seem cool and all but where's my Dancer reveal??

waiting in Tokyo

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Hogama posted:

Hi-res. This a sneak at a new dungeon?

I was not ready for Urianger's astronomical gun show.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Okay, so is this YoRHa thing gonna be the full-on three-part Alliance raid? Or just like a side deal?

Because if it's the former, I fully expect them to throw in some full-on Drakengard business with all that space they'll have.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Urianger getting a wardrobe change at this point just isn't right. He's worn that potato sack for close to a decade and by god he was gonna die in it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mazed posted:

Okay, so is this YoRHa thing gonna be the full-on three-part Alliance raid? Or just like a side deal?

Because if it's the former, I fully expect them to throw in some full-on Drakengard business with all that space they'll have.
It's the full Alliance Raid for Shadowbringers, yes.
They didn't have something ready to show off the 8-man series.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Ah, yes, what every game announcement needs: tasteful low angle shots of dolled up bunnygirls running around the forest in lingerie and giant heels. Never change, video games.

Also, not sure I can stay an AST main now that Urianger is one, and especially not if his is the new job aesthetic.

E: I guess I'm now hoping for rescue via a dancer healer, and also Bartz's dancer outfit.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 2, 2019

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I don't feel right seeing Urianger so scantily clad. It's weird. Besides, I'd take him for a Scholar well before an Astrologian. Seems like a strange choice.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

The Grimace posted:

Yeah I don't feel right seeing Urianger so scantily clad. It's weird. Besides, I'd take him for a Scholar well before an Astrologian. Seems like a strange choice.

Well, the dude is Sharlayan and Astrologian is a Sharlayan job, so I guess there's that.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

The Grimace posted:

Astrologian is the only Sharlayan based job, and Urianger is the most traditionally Sharlayan dude of the bunch. Scholars are a Nymian Job.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can buy it I guess. He first showed up in 1.0 as a soothsayer type, and he's from Sharlayan so he's probably familiar with astrology. He's bookish yeah, but only in so much as to interpret prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

The Grimace posted:

Yeah I don't feel right seeing Urianger so scantily clad.

Meanwhile it feels terribly right to me :3: