Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Agents are GO! posted:

Also, MBT: Could you possibly set the quickloot mod to always push Gold, Ingredients, and Soulgems to the top of the list so I don't have to open the container menu just to loot those?

As for the scripted containers toggle, I'll take a look when I get home but it might be unintuitive wording on the option.

I mean if you’re going in that direction, then you could make a list to configure quick loot to always take certain categories of items any time you open a container: eg one user wants to always take gold, one user always takes gold and soulgems, and a third user always takes books.

Hell, you could make an auto loot within x radius mod with that configuration. Press button, and every unlocked container in radius x has any item in the following y categories taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

Hell, you could make an auto loot within x radius mod with that configuration. Press button, and every unlocked container in radius x has any item in the following y categories taken.

Tie it in with mysticism for ~immershun~. All the gold just flying in your pocket.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

RickVoid posted:

Edit: Those do sound like mods I had from the last time I installed though. Here's my plugins list:

Looks good but you might need to move TR_Data.esm above TR_Main and Sky_Main since that's the resource master file the other two depend on.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Also, MBT: Could you possibly set the quickloot mod to always push Gold, Ingredients, and Soulgems to the top of the list so I don't have to open the container menu just to loot those?

As for the scripted containers toggle, I'll take a look when I get home but it might be unintuitive wording on the option.

? Scroll wheel down? Inventories arent sorted and its fiddley enough without me reordering everything. Lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

? Scroll wheel down? Inventories arent sorted and its fiddley enough without me reordering everything. Lol

lol I didn't know about the scroll wheel :)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Flinger posted:

Tie it in with mysticism for ~immershun~. All the gold just flying in your pocket.

This is a level beyond telekinesis. You can call it... telekinesis 2!!
*pwhow shoo mysticism sound effects*

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I did:

code:
Set-Location [path to /Morrowind/Data Files]
Get-Item .\Morrowind.esm #this displays the last write time
$m = Get-Item .\Morrwind.bsa
$m.LastWriteTime = "12/31/1999 7:00 PM" #this is the time from the second line
and then I repeated that for tribunal and bloodmoon using the write times for the matching .esa

I think it fixed everything. Although the textures for magic stuff don't behave exactly like I expected from the mod description, they're a lot different and prob better. I think I'll also install the other versions and then use the one I like the best. It's a weirdly pulsing texture that keeps changing at all times like the original one does, but the description says it should only change when you move or look around. I think "static" is the one I want and not "fade" but I didn't check yet, I prob just misread.

Probably these commands could have been reduced down to a one line command that doesn't need any interaction like looking at the dates or anything, but I didn't feel like getting that much into it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there any reason not to side with Telvanni?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

they're bad people

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Is there any reason not to side with Telvanni?

they hate your guts and their homes are tacky

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

They're sissy wizards

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
You like bug shells more than mushrooms.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Vavrek posted:

You like bug shells more than mushrooms.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Wizards own though.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

cheesetriangles posted:

Wizards own though.

Yes. This is truth.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

cheesetriangles posted:

Wizards own though.

Shyeah, own slaves.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I lied the textures are turbo hosed up now and the worldmap doesn't work. Well, normal textures are fine now, the gloves from my nord are still fuckin melted, but the world map is borderline unworkable. I mean it works but it's zoomed in like 1000%. Looks like old ebonheart is really next to raven rock if the indicator has anything to do with it. The explored region thing works normally if you wanna scroll 50,000 miles. Wish there was a way to make the local map be infinitely scrollable, and also actually track places you've seen, a lot of times it doesn't seem to realize but that always happened.

Pro tier strat for the lost lamb quest: be bosmer, take five seconds to put 2&2 together, get paid $1700 in magic items. You may have to kill upwards to 2 scribs and possibly a yeet grub or w/e.

Fell off a cliff near a monastery off of Dondril. Couldn't figure out how to get back to the road and ended up in a dwarven ruin that almost ruined me. Got entirely maxed out weight in loot and had to sneak across sundered scar to find a town. Almost got eaten by durzogs and ran into a dedric ruin. At level 2 I was like gently caress this and went back north, followed the coast east while learning alchemy. Ran into a few creepshow caves that I didn't bother going into cause I couldn't have pulled loot. Eventually I ran into a road that lead across a neat waterfall bridge and got me to an actual town. Good times, but I need to find a base where I can store all my trash, otherwise i'll just have to sell it off or eat it and I figure if I'm gonna alchemy I might want to keep a stock of a lot of ingredients.

Is there a Morag Tong on the mainland or would I just have to go back to Vivec and find it if I wanna do those kinda quests?

Ps I killed a white rat and felt bad about it. Surely it was the Chosen One of rats.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

There is a morag tong on the mainland but they dont have new quests. Iirc it was a point of contention because all morag tong questgivers have the same quests, so vvardenfell folks could give mainland quests if done the same way. Could do local quests in normal guild style or make mainland and vvardenfell separate quest loops.

In the end, nothing. There was a super cringy morag tong training facility that got its dialogue neutered though. Such lines as 'not only does black make you hard to see, its also stylish'

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ps it sounds like your ram is going bad or something, when mine was failing all of my installs just barely didnt work. Like skyrim worked fine but didnt load a city right. Small things that make you think its your install. But every time you install its something else because the part of memory thats corrupted is different.

Maybe? I have never heard of those issues before lol

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

TR and skyrim have three downloads between them:
tamriel rebuilt
skyrim home of the nords
TR Data

TR Data (tamriel data) is the combined resource files for each content mod

in mod organizer there should be a tab on the right where you can click bsas I think? otherwise yeah just register in your ini. they functionally do the same thing im p sure

Do you recommend Skyrim home of the Nords for a beginner?

Do you know how project atlas will work with watercolor mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45399. I would do anything to increase performance if it does not affect the looks of textures.

Opinion on this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43931

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

There is a morag tong on the mainland but they dont have new quests. Iirc it was a point of contention because all morag tong questgivers have the same quests, so vvardenfell folks could give mainland quests if done the same way. Could do local quests in normal guild style or make mainland and vvardenfell separate quest loops.

In the end, nothing. There was a super cringy morag tong training facility that got its dialogue neutered though. Such lines as 'not only does black make you hard to see, its also stylish'

Should have had it so that anyone could give any quest, but it warns you if the quest is in a different district. I mean just look at the existing guildhalls and make the appropriately composed local one for other areas. Oh well.

Ps it sounds like your ram is going bad or something, when mine was failing all of my installs just barely didnt work. Like skyrim worked fine but didnt load a city right. Small things that make you think its your install. But every time you install its something else because the part of memory thats corrupted is different.

Maybe? I have never heard of those issues before lol

poo poo it could totally be this guess I better run memtest

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Midig posted:

Do you know how project atlas will work with watercolor mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45399. I would do anything to increase performance if it does not affect the looks of textures.

Project Atlas should work with any texture replacer, so long as the aspect ratio on the new texture is the same as it is for the vanilla version. The included .bat files will automatically pull loose textures from your install to make a new texture atlas for the included meshes, so just make sure to read the readmes and run those if you install it. Since the watercolor pack is based off of vanilla textures, it should work fine I'd imagine, but if you see any white models you'll know for sure that something wasn't scaled right for a texture related to that mesh. I do recommend using Project Atlas for performance though, Ebonheart actually runs well for me now thanks to the latest Imperial pack!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wip grass mod by rytelier
it works on all vanilla and TR past and future content

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That's a nice grass mod. How is performance?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I've been re-playing this for the first time since I was a kid, using the modlist that Upmarket Mango posted earlier (minus TR), a few mods from the OP, and a few other close-to-vanilla ones I found on the Nexus. It's been a great experience, and I'm trying out Telvanni (building the second stage of the stronghold now), did all the Thieves Guild stuff except for Jim Stacey's, and am Nerevarine for the four Ashlander tribes and Houses Redoran and Telvanni. There's still a ton of other stuff I want to do; the game is just so big. It rules!

To keep it related to the tread topic: I assume there's no way to use Project Atlas through Mod Organizer, since it relies on .bat files?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

That's a nice grass mod. How is performance?

much better than vurts

Athaboros posted:

To keep it related to the tread topic: I assume there's no way to use Project Atlas through Mod Organizer, since it relies on .bat files?

you only need the bat files if you're running texture replacers that work with those textures

quote:

Installation
Copy "meshes" and "textures" folders to your Data Files directory
If you use a mushroom texture replacer, you can use the "bc_mushrooms_atlas_generator.bat" to patch the texture atlas with your replacer. You will need to have Image Magick (https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php) installed. Then move the .bat file into your "Textures" folder and run it. Be warned that it requires all textures to present as loose files and requires them to have the same relative proportions as vanilla
I think theoretically you can path files through mod organizer but I wouldn't know how. if you're running defaults then you're good to go

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Yeah I'm using the ESRGAN textures, so I assume I'd need to run the .bat.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Athaboros posted:

Yeah I'm using the ESRGAN textures, so I assume I'd need to run the .bat.

if the esrgan textures are all in one directory just put it in there and run it manually?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I don't trust grass because every time I fight something in tall grass it's impossible to find it to loot. I guess in morrowind this isn't really a concern because they're not gonna go ragdolling off the edge of red mountain if I hit 'em with a fireball.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I remember toggling grass off in the console in Oblivion to find loot.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I changed my mind, mods were a mistake, delete all mods:

quote:

With the No More Jiub mod, you will be able to see Jiub in his deserved position.
Jiub has always been a plague to the game and have welcomed one too many to the island of Vvardenfell.

With this mod you will be able to hear him groan as he lies doomed in front of you.

The mod won't break any game mechanics nor limit you f

Jiub will lie dead in front of you in the starting scene where you choose your name.
He will no longer talk normally, instead he moan as the pain rushes through his body.

You will still be able to choose your name etc.
The only thing this mod removes is is usual dialogue.

Some Crated and barrels have been moved so that he won't collide into them.

:whitewater:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the problem with grass mods is that they always seem to put grass in the ashlands and molag amur, which just doesn't work. they're blasted hellscapes, just leave 'em be.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:whitewater:

Well, I guess it's time to learn how to run Morrowind on that original Xbox I picked up at Goodwill the other year. No telling what modding may bring, now. Best to just run as far as possible.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

BLASPHEMER! He speaks against Saint Jiub! Burn him!

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I like Vurt’s Ashland and Bitter Coast trees. They own.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Best thing about the Ashland trees is how effective they are as cliff racer traps.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm an idiot and am confused about the description and files for Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patched. What's the difference between the main files and the UMOPP Compatibility and Merged Files? How does one use this thing?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hooah posted:

I'm an idiot and am confused about the description and files for Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patched. What's the difference between the main files and the UMOPP Compatibility and Merged Files? How does one use this thing?

Main file = all of the data (icons, textures, meshes) plus individual esps for each mod.

Merged = want all of them? Install main files. Delete the individual esps. Load this one master esp.

Compatibility = some of the official plugins change things that overlap with other mods. If you know this is the case, use these which cut them down a lot. If you dont need to, dont use em

Tldr install main but NOT the esps. Use the merged esp from the other download.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I recall there being a quest chain where you help some downtrodden Ashlanders resettle in a more favorable area. It ends up with you helping them set up in an area near an abandoned ancestral tomb and the wise woman mentions that they'll tend to the tomb because the family died out a while back (Aran?).

It sticks out to me because I had named my character after that tomb because there weren't any other NPCs with that name in the game.

I remember thinking it was cool because it ends up creating a whole new little Ashlander camp with services.

I can't find any reference to this quest in the UESP. Is it from a mod or did I have a haunted Morrowind install?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Necroskowitz posted:

I recall there being a quest chain where you help some downtrodden Ashlanders resettle in a more favorable area. It ends up with you helping them set up in an area near an abandoned ancestral tomb and the wise woman mentions that they'll tend to the tomb because the family died out a while back (Aran?).

It sticks out to me because I had named my character after that tomb because there weren't any other NPCs with that name in the game.

I remember thinking it was cool because it ends up creating a whole new little Ashlander camp with services.

I can't find any reference to this quest in the UESP. Is it from a mod or did I have a haunted Morrowind install?

It's a better story than 99% of creepypasta.