Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

In particular, I like using Merlin (of course), literally any version of Cu, heavy metal Jeanne, this grimdark Dante fellow, the bikini woman riding a blue and gold moon thing, motherfucking HERC, the pink magical girl with pink fire wings, the nerd schoolboy with a red cape for whatever reason, the gigantic snakelady and especially that summer foxgirl who whallops enemies with a beach umbrella. It's just plain fun.

Caster: I luckshit a 5* dude called Zhuge Liang just this afternoon!
These two are the same person by the way. Zhuge Liang aka Waver Velvet gets a special third ascension art as a reference to the anime series and comics he appears in. If you enjoy using him then congrats because now you have one of your own.

Roger Explosion posted:

Berserker: now here's something interesting. As soon as I poured all my cards down Kiyohime's neck, I got a couple of Spartacus's dropped on me, which is a unit you all recommended. And then, this afternoon in the same pull as Zhuge, I got Ibaraki-Douji, who I see as an option in the servant list all the time. Is she good? It feels like she might be good. I really like using Berserkers, so I want to invest in all three of them, but I take it she's the one I should be focusing on the most. I haven't had much of a chance to play her and compare her to the other two. How does she differ from the other two?
She's really good, one of the best single-target Berserkers to dismantle bosses, or when you just need a specific enemy off the field immediately. Her second and third skills are about survivability to help her reach that boss, and her first skill buffs her attack by 20% and NP damage by 30% so it hits like a truck. It also debuffs their defence afterwards (with overcharging it giving it even greater debuffs) so any attacks you do afterwards hit even harder. She's REALLY good.

One of the best things about Waver is that just by levelling him and unlocking his skills you can just straight-up give any team-member an immediate 50% NP bar (30% to one person for his first skill and 20% each to the whole team from skills 2 and 3) so if a character has a craft essence that starts you with 50% NP you can immediately fire one off. Unfortunately you've missed some of the best free ones from events but Demonic Bodhisattva can do it.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Nooo, even some goon that started 2 years late got a loving Waver
The universe exist to spite me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cbc is on the horizon just for you

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SC Bracer posted:

Zhuge Liang or Waver as most people call him is one of the best 5*s in the game

Shiny777 posted:

Definitely invest heavily in Zhuge (AKA Waver), dude's one of the absolute best support servants in the game and will be immensely useful in basically every situation forever.

Billzasilver posted:

:eyepop: pulling your own waver is fantastic.

Pierson posted:

These two are the same person by the way. Zhuge Liang aka Waver Velvet gets a special third ascension art as a reference to the anime series and comics he appears in. If you enjoy using him then congrats because now you have one of your own.
Get the gently caress out of here, really? Bloody hell, I must be the luckiest newbie in existence. And I had no idea he was the caped school kid either. Jesus H. W. What RNG gods did I please to make this happen?

Good advice all round here, especially that last bit about having an AoE and ST guy in each class. I'm happy that Ibaraki is a bit bulkier because I've been having trouble keeping other berserkers alive, especially Kiyo.

Shiny777 posted:

As for the 'Zerkers, Kiyohime and Spartacus have AoE NPs while Ibaraki's is single target, so the former two are better suited to clearing out waves and doing general day to day farming while Ibaraki's better for killing bosses.

Pierson posted:

She's really good, one of the best single-target Berserkers to dismantle bosses, or when you just need a specific enemy off the field immediately. Her second and third skills are about survivability to help her reach that boss, and her first skill buffs her attack by 20% and NP damage by 30% so it hits like a truck. It also debuffs their defence afterwards (with overcharging it giving it even greater debuffs) so any attacks you do afterwards hit even harder. She's REALLY good.
Also good to know. That's one thing that's going to need to figure out: what units are best at what part of the game, so thanks. Her kit sounds amazing.

quote:

One of the best things about Waver is that just by levelling him and unlocking his skills you can just straight-up give any team-member an immediate 50% NP bar (30% to one person for his first skill and 20% each to the whole team from skills 2 and 3) so if a character has a craft essence that starts you with 50% NP you can immediately fire one off. Unfortunately you've missed some of the best free ones from events but Demonic Bodhisattva can do it.
Holy hell. That... that is very, very powerful. Demonic Bodhisattva came immediately to mind before I even finished reading. I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of these two.

Tired Moritz posted:

Nooo, even some goon that started 2 years late got a loving Waver
The universe exist to spite me
And the bitter pill is, I didn't even know what I got. I probably just used up all my good luck in one go though. I'll never get a 5* in this or Heroes ever again.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Also, I just want to give a big shout-out to Captain Baal and whoever helped with the information dissertation in the first two posts of this thread. Now that I'm slightly more F:GO literate, it's all a really big help. Thank you!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, I haven't had much luck with getting ☆☆☆☆☆s, but getting Waver as my first (thanks to rerolling and stopping on Waver / Herc) and recently getting Merlin as a bolt of the blue pretty much has me set for the foreseeable future. (My only others are Okita and Wedding Peach.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Arash is a major character in the Camelot chapter of the story, as an aside.

He's a good boy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Arash is a major character in the Camelot chapter of the story, as an aside.

He's a good boy.

As an aside, it is absolutely worth your time to level him. It's been said before but also bears repeating. Treat Arash right, do his strengthening quests and he'll take care of you.

(Until you fire off his NP.)

I like he's the only other person Ozymandias respects. Even Gil is just professional courtesy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ozy respects everyone who's a Pharaoh, because Pharaohs are the highest beings.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If/when you can, try to level Robin Hood up: his NP hits like a nuclear bomb against poisoned enemies (and he has a skill that does just that).

When Medea eventually pops out of the friend gacha she's worth investing in as well, her np deletes enemy buffs which is extremely handy. Plus she can practically spam it.

Either one works great with Waver too! Well ok, he works with everyone, but still.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://twitter.com/grape______/status/1091706250876772352

This better win that BBQ illustration contest. Also Emiya is gonna need a bigger grill.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There is a bigger grill. Unfortunately Gawain is using it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

BBQ is a good theme

https://twitter.com/lilirenzu/status/1091745935019950080

https://twitter.com/wooperfuri/status/1091515717717880832
e: Gil, what are you even doing

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 2, 2019

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pureauthor posted:

There is a bigger grill. Unfortunately Gawain is using it.

And that's why all the Artorias are hanging out at the table next to Emiya instead of with the rest of the Round Table crew.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm liking that La Grillament du Haine and Grill of Babylon.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Rorahusky posted:

Any Chocolate you bought last year for the servants will be marked automatically as Sold Out this year, so there's no risk of purchasing duplicates unwittingly.

Is that regardless of if you still have the CE, or only if you kept the chocolate in the freezer for an entire year as a weird holy relic?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Edmond. :allears:

In both of those pictures he shows up in, I mean.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Roger Explosion posted:

So, yeah, there's another newbie report. I'm having fun with my current team, I'm enjoying the story more, I got a 5-star unit and what appears to be a meta Berserker. Good times. Thanks for all your help and send me your friend requests: 072 956 452.

Sent a friend request.

Also, don't forget to set up your Support List, especially once you get your Zhuge Liang up to speed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Those Chaldea BBQ pictures are :3:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Roger Explosion posted:

So, yeah, there's another newbie report. I'm having fun with my current team, I'm enjoying the story more, I got a 5-star unit and what appears to be a meta Berserker. Good times. Thanks for all your help and send me your friend requests: 072 956 452.

Sent you a request from J.R.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I'm surprised there isn't more autumn/winter settings for the bbq art contest. Like a tailgate with servants in a parking lot next to an open football field with servants in winter clothes. Herc on the field wrecking some fools. Would have been appropriate for the season considering Superbowl weekend.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/madocactus/status/1089232193606557696

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Crasical posted:

Is that regardless of if you still have the CE, or only if you kept the chocolate in the freezer for an entire year as a weird holy relic?

According to Cirnopedia, as long as it's been purchased before, it'll show up as sold out. The site doesn't mention anything about you having to still have the CE in your inventory.

Sophism posted:

This better win that BBQ illustration contest. Also Emiya is gonna need a bigger grill.

I am amused by the Table of Artorias up front, especially with MHX getting all up in Lalter's grill about, I am presuming to be, sitting in her spot.

Edit: Also the volley ball game in the background between all four different versions of Cu, the table where Irisveil, Illya, Chloe and Herc are sitting qith Quetz, Jaguarman, and Artmeis, and poor Dantes being dragged around by Amakusa by his trenchcoat.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 3, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Where is Eric Bloodaxe?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Not there. I picked through it exaustively, and even found Phantom of the Opera and Assassin Kiritsugu and a bunch of other weirdos, Eric is legit not in that picture.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Crasical posted:

Not there. I picked through it exaustively, and even found Phantom of the Opera and Assassin Kiritsugu and a bunch of other weirdos, Eric is legit not in that picture.

I looked in the comments. The artist claims for it to have been a meta-joke about how Bloodaxe isn't featured anywhere in the game. (or they just plum forgot and this was their justification.)

The hardest one for me to spot was Void Shiki.

And I was thrown for a loop by two red headed boys, but with the kids in the water with Atalante is Alexander, and with the other chinese servants Jing Ke and Lu Bu must be Li Shuwen with the ponytail from first portrait.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
The stalker trio being under the Gudas' table was a nice touch.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sophism posted:

who is the blue haired stalker

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Hassan of Serenity.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
No, that's purple.

The blue haired one is Kiyohime.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I thought Kiyohime's was more aqua and Serenity's was more...blueberry, leaning indigo? They're both blue.
Maybe I'm colorblind, I dunno.

Someone on Reddit made a little animatic of Dantes singing and it's pretty cool. Wasn't aware there was a Count of Monte Cristo musical.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/amddlo/lots_of_flashing_dantes_brings_hell/ Animatic here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRE8z_iOngI Just the Song here.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sophism posted:

Wondered where Smother was.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm also a Carmilla having noob and not even as far along as you. Sent you a request, Vrow in game.

Anyone else with room for a noob, please send me a request: 693,654,726

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

vulturesrow posted:

I'm also a Carmilla having noob and not even as far along as you. Sent you a request, Vrow in game.

Sent to you and also Roger Explosion.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

vulturesrow posted:

I also sent you a request, under Edwhirl.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

vulturesrow posted:

Sent you a request too, the username is J.R.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sophism posted:

This is so good, it's the Where's Waldo of Grand Order.
Example of the small details: Sasaki Kojiro is wearing a I :love: France t-shirt (and is obviously trying to hit on Martha and her Tarrasque).

Although I can't seem to find Banana Oni. I tracked down IbarakiShuten and Golden but if she's nearby I can't find her.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 3, 2019

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Omobono posted:

Although I can't seem to find Banana Oni. I tracked down Ibaraki and Golden but if she's nearby I can't find her.

Let me get this straight. You think the purple colored one is Ibaraki?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtheistMantis posted:

Let me get this straight. You think the purple colored one is Ibaraki?

I confused the names, I found Shuten and Golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Omobono posted:

This is so good, it's the Where's Waldo of Grand Order.
Example of the small details: Sasaki Kojiro is wearing a I :love: France t-shirt (and is obviously trying to hit on Martha and her Tarrasque).

Although I can't seem to find Banana Oni. I tracked down Ibaraki and Golden but if she's nearby I can't find her.

Ibaraki is under an umbrella to the left of Shuten, between Musashi & Fuuma. Kojiro is talking to Benkei & Ushi, while Martha & Sieg are gathered around George taking a photo (presumably of the Pharaoh group)