Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'll send you mine and you can triple up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Lol poo poo I don't have enough room in my case for another graphics card, let alone two. Appreciate the offer though!

I was gonna give the old card to my brother when I replace it, so that he could build himself a budget system. He's decided to be lame and stick with his old rear end 2011 laptop though.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Somehow my H100i's not seated properly, the thermal paste is hosed up, or some other inexplicable bullshit is causing crazy high core temps at startup. Not like I need this poo poo for schoolwork or anything...

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
can't believe you're passing up the opportunity to have a gtx2910

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I just found a guy on Craigslist that will do a 1080 Ti for $500 so we'll see how that goes. :suicide:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
ask him how many btc he got with it!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Have graphics cards become super cheap because of all that BS and people offloading their warehouse mining operation of them?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Have graphics cards become super cheap because of all that BS and people offloading their warehouse mining operation of them?

Yes and no. You’re still likely to find people trying to sell them above retail but they’re not actually worth that much anymore.

Re: AC7 - apparently the lack of resolution options is a bug you get when switching from borderless full screen to regular full screen. Maybe there’s hope!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Well this 1080 Ti is running fine so far. Ran XCOM2 and Battletech at 4k ultra, no sweat.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

The Rat posted:

Well this 1080 Ti is running fine so far. Ran XCOM2 and Battletech at 4k ultra, no sweat.

That's like the 2nd best card out right now (if you exclude the Titans). The 2080 and 1080Ti perform pretty close to each other. Only the 2080Ti is better.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah I was thinking about it for my use case, just wanting to run at 4k. The 2060 and 2070 didn't get great reviews on 4k and the ray tracing is still kinda vaporware at this point. This one seemed like the best bang for buck to last me another several years.

Was talking about it with the guy I bought it from and he said "yeah I got the 2080 Ti, it wasn't worth it."

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
$500 seems like a helluva a deal, good poo poo. i was shopping for cards but im weird about used poo poo like that and they were going for like $800-900 and that was a bit spendy for me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

For $500 I'd totally take the gamble on a card that may or may not have spent its whole life mining

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh don't worry, if it dies I'll post about it so you can all laugh at me :haw:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh yeah i can download the ffxv 4k resolution pack now

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if he went ahead and bought a 2080 I'd guess he was more of a gamer than a miner so you're probably fine tbh

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ooh, I just checked my local craigslist and 1080 Ti cards are selling around that same price point. Even done with water blocks b/c I’m a weirdo who water cooks his graphics card but not his CPU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I’ve never had luck water cooling.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive never had good luck with sli

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SLI is still bad

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Fallom posted:

SLI is still bad

Yup - went from 1080 SLI to 2080Ti just to be done with that poo poo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
pissssssss i'm done playing Kenshi and now i'm out of stuff to play

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I get to go though nexus mods to find all of the fallout 4 mods I had installed.

:smithicide:

Oh new system.

Intel i5 8600k coffee lake
MSI z390 gamer mobo
Asus gtx 1070
G.skill ripper jaws 16 gb

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 3, 2019

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Assassins Creed Odyssey is the last game that sucked me in, nothing else since has really hooked me.

Think I'm going to start playing Super Mario Odyssey. Especially since I'll probably be playing my Switch a lot this month due to being gone for most of February.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know it’s older but I’m about to dive into The Witcher 3 for the first time here so see you in 150 hours

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
^ to be honest I’ll probably restart this one before FO4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get some of you genuinely enjoy FO4 but I also feel a lot of you slog through it on the principle that you bought it and need to get your money’s worth

masochists

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I normally play as a angry drunk guy, or someone addicted to jet

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm considering doing a FO4 run. I do have to basically update all my mods so that means I have to largely reinstall the whole goddamn thing. Which is a day+ long event. And then the last time I spent like three days tinkering with balance numbers for my unbogus overhaul tweaks before I finally got it where I wanted it. Maybe I'll just dare to try and update the mods that are flat out incompatible (thanks, Creation Club).

I also haven't played the latest Stellaris overhaul, the one that added the corporations and removed tiles.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

FO4 was fun for like... three hours.

Witcher 3 was fun for like 200 hours. And will be fun when I play it for the 201st.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I got a Switch and Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon and Katamari :getin:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

I got a Switch and Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon and Katamati :getin:

I got Hollow Knight from the Nintendo eShop. $15 side scrolling platformer and it owns for a change of pace from the above mentioned games.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I never got around to finishing it but Hollow Knight was pretty cool art wise and pretty well done

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Resident Evil 2. Go buy it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQgA7G-rxpk&t=306s

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah RE2 is good too, I finished Claire, now I need to do the alternate route part with Leon

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

A Bad Poster posted:

I got a Switch and Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon and Katamari :getin:

Katamari is on switch :stare:

I just got that side scrolling Mario port, that’s def going to be next.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

think im gonna grab wargroove on switch, seems like my cup of tea

i do need to finish disgaia 5 too.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Katamari is on switch :stare:

I just got that side scrolling Mario port, that’s def going to be next.

Oh yeah :madmax: it's a remaster of the first game with some additional challenges and stuff.

As far as Hollow Knight goes, it looks good but I'm terrible at that kind of sidescroller.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vasudus posted:

I'm considering doing a FO4 run. I do have to basically update all my mods so that means I have to largely reinstall the whole goddamn thing. Which is a day+ long event. And then the last time I spent like three days tinkering with balance numbers for my unbogus overhaul tweaks before I finally got it where I wanted it. Maybe I'll just dare to try and update the mods that are flat out incompatible (thanks, Creation Club).

I also haven't played the latest Stellaris overhaul, the one that added the corporations and removed tiles.

Didn't you just semi-recently go through this entire ordeal? Like, a couple of months ago?

I feel like I recall someone posting about their 130+ mod FO4 setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, I basically do this roughly twice a year. It usually happens when I'm between Path of Exile leagues like I am now, and have no other games to occupy my time. FO4 is a good time waster, and I have to admit that I do enjoy the modding process in general even though sometimes it's infuriating.