Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

eke out posted:

"So I thought that was me at first (because I used to dress in blackface or KKK hoods a lot), but then I realized that it was actually just my friends"

His nickname in the yearbook is “coonman”.

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pakled posted:

:smugdon: Yeah, it's what I am!

lol

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Man that IRS audit has been taking forever. Maybe we’ll see his taxes next year

I think a House committee has already asked for them and they're actually entitled to see them so fun times may be ahead this year.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

There is no way the GOP will take him if he flips back either, since that's too obvious racism even for them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Crow Jane posted:

I feel like if everyone at my job hated me and wanted me gone I'd quit, because working with a bunch of people who hated me would be terrible. I don't get wanting to stick around in an environment like that.

Because Northam clearly only wants power and doesn't care what he has to do to keep it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

There is no way the GOP will take him if he flips back either, since that's too obvious racism even for them.

Also there is NO way they are after spending the week saying he's a baby killer.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Feldegast42 posted:

If one of their own did it, I'm pretty sure they'd defend it to the death, but yeah, the optics of "Democratic governor does something stunningly racist, Democrats soundly reject him, he becomes a Republican instead" are probably too bad for them to go for it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Feldegast42 posted:

Not sure about that. Hell, I could see Trump hiring him to show how bipartisan he could be.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Of course the Michigan dems are a clusterfuck.

PS: Tell Vaughn I said hi.

Dude you have no idea. We had to call in expert because the tabulations for chair are hosed up and people are making dumbfuck motions and sidetracking the speeches for the rest of the slate

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Simple solution, it’s a black and white photo right in 1984? He can claim that he was dressing up as a Smurf. Who’d know the smurfing difference?

Now why a Smurf would be next to the KKK guy, I can’t explain. Gargamel maybe?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Lynchy Smurf

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Silly Burrito posted:

Jokey smurf pulled a smurf hat all the way down

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really don't think those kind of jokes are funny

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

What a piece of garbage.

He's irredeemable.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I really don't think those kind of jokes are funny

jokey smurf's main form of joke was mailing people literal bombs.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Racist sympathizer Smurf. European-only character. You wouldn’t know about him unless you were a true Smurfer.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Brony Car posted:

Racist sympathizer Smurf. European-only character. You wouldn’t know about him unless you were a true Smurfer.

I mean that is definitely brainy smurf. I don't even have to look to know there was an episode he had to learn to not be scared of people that were different.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Radish posted:

Northram should just call Amazon or Dominion and see if they can do him a solid after he resigns if he's so desperate.

lmaaooo

guy shouldve resigned earlier for the public blowjobs hes been giving Jeff Bezos

if you are Northram I wonder, is there any way you could have prevented this. maybe very early in the 2017 primary you have to put the photo out there yourself and say "look I was a fuckin idiot in my younger days and I am very sorry." surely would have faced calls to drop out then and Perriello might have easily taken the lead, but it would have been a much better look, instead it now just looks like he was hiding the photo.

"look at every loving yearbook the candidate could possibly have been in" just got added to every opposition researcher's bible

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
yeah dude I don't think you can put out and apology and kind of vaguely own up to it and then the next day go "oh wait, that's not me!" especially when you have no way to prove it. This isn't even getting into the nickname part either

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

sexpig by night posted:

You see I have my med school calendars and at no point can you see I've written 'wear blackface and/or a kkk hood'

I cannot have been wearing blackface in that party, my calendar clearly says BLEACH WEEK

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

my bony fealty posted:

lmaaooo

guy shouldve resigned earlier for the public blowjobs hes been giving Jeff Bezos

if you are Northram I wonder, is there any way you could have prevented this. maybe very early in the 2017 primary you have to put the photo out there yourself and say "look I was a fuckin idiot in my younger days and I am very sorry." surely would have faced calls to drop out then and Perriello might have easily taken the lead, but it would have been a much better look, instead it now just looks like he was hiding the photo.

"look at every loving yearbook the candidate could possibly have been in" just got added to every opposition researcher's bible

It was 35 years ago I'm pretty sure at this point the dude forgot it was even there.

Which is stupid as gently caress if you're a politician but still.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

So he just decided it would be a great idea to put a KKK figure and someone with black face on his yearbook page?

Even if it’s not him in the photos it’s totally hosed.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/1091733422358310912?s=20

Edit:
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1091736657454350337?s=20

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Silly Burrito posted:

Simple solution, it’s a black and white photo right in 1984? He can claim that he was dressing up as a Smurf. Who’d know the smurfing difference?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Only a poo poo person would cling to their position of power this desperately.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Levitate posted:

It was 35 years ago I'm pretty sure at this point the dude forgot it was even there.

I just feel like unless you do it all the time, putting on blackface or a KKK robe would be a memorable event. Like, I still remember that week in like 2006 I thought red eyeshadow was a good idea.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Levitate posted:

I agree but it also showed how little it meant to him and his classmates back then. Showing off that photo was literally an afterthought.

Like I said earlier that ain’t even the only blackface photo on that two-page spread. They were all doing it at EVMS which says a lot about what the culture of that institution was like back then.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Agreed Joementum

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

This all feels like he thought it would blow over with his apology and when he realized it wasn't going to now he's all trying to save his rear end.

Dude you came out and said the pic was real, you said it was you and that it "isn't the person I am today", It's a little late to backtrack at this point! Either it's not you and when the report comes out you go "gently caress no that's not me" or you cop to it and resign. Can't half measure this poo poo.

Even if it isn't him, it's too late for take backsies and no one is ever going to believe him

Levitate fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 2, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So what are Virginia Democrats' options? Can they force him out? Recall him?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Levitate posted:

This all feels like he thought it would blow over with his apology and when he realized it wasn't going to now he's all trying to save his rear end.

Dude you came out and said the pic was real, you said it was you and that it "isn't the person I am today", It's a little late to backtrack at this point! Either it's not you and when the report comes out you go "gently caress no that's not me" or you cop to it and re-sign. Can't half measure this poo poo.

Even if it isn't him, it's too late for take backsies and no one is ever going to believe him

Well, Trump tried to claim it wasn't him on the Access Hollywood tape even after he admitted it was, I imagine Northam has a similar thought process

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

So what are Virginia Democrats' options? Can they force him out? Recall him?

Impeach

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
To offer some geographical context - EVMS is part of a huge campus that includes Sentara Norfolk General Hospital and the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, both bigass hospitals that do basically everything, and the whole thing is located in downtown Norfolk, VA, a city-rear end city in the Southeastern VA metro known as Hampton Roads. Norfolk is also the home of the Navy's Atlantic Fleet, it's 20 minutes from the only shipyard that builds nuclear carriers, and NASA Langley Research Center (the place from Hidden Figures).

It's not some po-dunk nowhere. It's a modern city that was quite built-out in 1984. And that picture got into the EVMS yearbook. Never ever give in to the temptation to credit "rednecks" or "hicks" with racism. It's everywhere in America.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Already called every rep I know and demanded as much. I think by Monday he will resign though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

DynamicSloth posted:

Have any Republicans even bothered to call for him to resign? I imagine state-level Republicans are quickly realizing a Governor Fairfax isn't really in their interests.

eric son of eric tweeted that northam should resign and then followed up by saying that actually racist stuff we do in the past shouldn't matter and northam should stay

it was amusing

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Wonder how his night went. You think he got a good night's rest?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

There Bias Two posted:

Only a poo poo person would cling to their position of power this desperately.

Making it so very easy to say goodbye this dude.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The new political tactic "I NEVER WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

friendbot2000 posted:

Already called every rep I know and demanded as much. I think by Monday he will resign though.

Yeah hopefully everyone shouting him down after his surely idiotic press conference will back him down.