Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

So what are Virginia Democrats' options? Can they force him out? Recall him?

Impeachment. No recalls in VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?

Do they have the majorities to do it party line? Or does the state GOP just kinda go along vote him out with the Dems even though the Lt. Gov is far more progressive? Is that who would still take his place in the case of an impeachment? Forgive my ignorance.

This guy is trash, way to throw away your easy out and do some good for the party at the same time.

“jerkface” :smug:

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

axeil posted:

Impeachment. No recalls in VA.

We are going to impeach the motherfucker.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I think he will be done by Monday, to be honest. How long did Franken hold on?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Since we've all learned lately that facial recognition software is poo poo at recognizing black faces because techbros never think about testing it on them,

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

friendbot2000 posted:

We are going to impeach the motherfucker.

drat right.

after i have my coffee i'm calling my state senate and house of delegates reps.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

In the end, these things always end up biting you in the rear end.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Crabtree posted:

The new political tactic "I NEVER WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE".

the photograph was not my fault. the blackface makeup on my face was obscuring my view. also the klansman was a fake version of me

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

heyitsamanda posted:

Do they have the majorities to do it party line? Or does the state GOP just kinda go along vote him out with the Dems even though the Lt. Gov is far more progressive? Is that who would still take his place in the case of an impeachment? Forgive my ignorance.

This guy is trash, way to throw away your easy out and do some good for the party at the same time.

“jerkface” :smug:

We are down in the minority in both chambers by 1 seat. The Lt Gov takes his place in resignation and impeachment

Odds are he will resign because there is no way this is going away. But in the event of impeachment it.f shouldnt bd hard to poach R votes because he is a "baby killer"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

gonna be amazing when the facial recognition tech doesn't work because all this tech bro poo poo never works on minorities.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Watch the GOP oppose impeachment because they want to keep Northam as an albatross around Dems' necks.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Watch the GOP oppose impeachment because they want to keep Northam as an albatross around Dems' necks.

That'd be difficult to do if they're voting to keep him in office, although what the hell do I know.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It doesn't really matter if he's one of the people in the photo given that he chose that photo to include on his yearbook page when he was 25 years old and in law school. gently caress'em.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mozi posted:

It doesn't really matter if he's one of the people in the photo given that he chose that photo to include on his yearbook page when he was 25 years old and in law school. gently caress'em.

also his nickname was a racial slur

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

And keep a baby killer around? They'd ruin their own argument if they don't hammer that point - not to mention he was a very visible D and thus anathema.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It would be amazing seeing Republicans vote against impeachment of the guy they had just spent a week railing against for killing babies.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Any more info on this? Because seeing CNN pull a Fox News with the party changing on the cyron to align with his views is pretty hilarious.

I mean, it's disingenous as heck. But just lol if you look at Steve King, Kavanaugh, Trump, that one pedophile the GOP moved heaven and earth to try and defend, etc, etc, and think they aren't the party of full balls to the walls naked corruption, grift, and blatant racism at this point in time.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 2, 2019

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It would be amazing seeing Republicans vote against impeachment of the guy they had just spent a week railing against for killing babies.

Lol have Republicans pigeonholed themselves into accepting a guy who would be even worse for them than Northam?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1091513554266701824

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I feel like there is a lot going on here and I don't understand any of it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1091741112778346507

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Meanwhile CNN wants to either lick republican rear end and defend Northam or try to do their own deep fake poo poo by getting people to impeach him because he was a republican.

Or someone just hosed up, but why ruin the fun theories?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Lol have Republicans pigeonholed themselves into accepting a guy who would be even worse for them than Northam?

Lol yep. The VAGOP just contually scores own goals on themselves. It is loving great.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Ok, since we're doing this, at what point do you not vote blue no matter who? The line is clearly drawn way past Manchin (R-Coal), so exactly what is an acceptable reason to say "you know what, gently caress the party that thought nominating this shithead was a good idea."?

I'm not looking forward one or more of D-Cop, D-Wallstreet, D-Boeing and D-Phizer being the top of the 2020 ticket.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Get them through and then either never stop hammering them to do the right thing or impeach the mother fucker if they refused to be better than Trump.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Lol even Pelosi is telling him to go. This is loving perfect. Sit and spin on a rusty MRSA covered razorbladed dildo Northam and GET hosed

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Harik posted:

Ok, since we're doing this, at what point do you not vote blue no matter who? The line is clearly drawn way past Manchin (R-Coal), so exactly what is an acceptable reason to say "you know what, gently caress the party that thought nominating this shithead was a good idea."?

I'm not looking forward one or more of D-Cop, D-Wallstreet, D-Boeing and D-Phizer being the top of the 2020 ticket.

All of them remain better options than the Republicans they ran against.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Levitate posted:

This all feels like he thought it would blow over with his apology and when he realized it wasn't going to now he's all trying to save his rear end.

Dude you came out and said the pic was real, you said it was you and that it "isn't the person I am today", It's a little late to backtrack at this point! Either it's not you and when the report comes out you go "gently caress no that's not me" or you cop to it and resign. Can't half measure this poo poo.

Even if it isn't him, it's too late for take backsies and no one is ever going to believe him

You mean he can't Centrist waffle his way out of this one? :thunk:

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

You mean he can't Centrist waffle his way out of this one? :thunk:

Lol nope. Maybe 10 years ago he could in VA, but not anymore. Virginia is a completely different state in just a decade. He is getting run out on a rail and I hope they egg him as hd leaves the Governors mansion

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1091554557765726208

Meanwhile your boss sounds like *fill in the blank*

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I feel like there is a lot going on here and I don't understand any of it.

From what I remember, a plague mosquito bites one of the Smurfs and he contracts a sickness that turns him into a vicious zombie that bites other Smurfs and makes them zombies too. The uncontaminated Smurfs are slowly whittled down until just Papa Smurf is left.

I’m serious.

In the cartoons, the zombies are purple and not black.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I really don't think those kind of jokes are funny

"Lynchy Smurf" made me chuckle, but I immediately felt bad about it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

so if he does refuse to resign. what exactly do you impeach him FOR. for reference this is what the law says:

quote:

offending against the Commonwealth by malfeasance in office, corruption, neglect of duty, or other high crime or misdemeanor

bad as it is an old racist photo doesn't really meet any of those...its not a crime to wear racism costumes, maybe it should be. I guess it has to be a more abstract argument about him being unfit for office morally and thus neglectful of his duty or something like that.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

All of them remain better options than the Republicans they ran against.

gently caress this non answer. Joseph Gobells/Pol Pot 2020. "At least it's not trump!"

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

so if he does refuse to resign. what exactly do you impeach him FOR. for reference this is what the law says:

bad as it is an old racist photo doesn't really meet any of those...its not a crime to wear racism costumes, maybe it should be. I guess it has to be a more abstract argument about him being unfit for office morally and thus neglectful of his duty or something like that.

Yep. They would use neglectful of duty to oust him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Looking at this mess and thinking that it debunks Vote Blue No Matter Who is like looking at an accident where an airbag accidentally blew up in someone’s face while driving and thinking that you shouldn’t buy a car with airbags.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Meanwhile Kellyanne Conway often sounds like the graffiti on a gas station bathroom in Mississippi I saw several years ago where they couldn't even spell the "N" word right

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Pro move to invite further investigation of a school that thus far is averaging 1.5 irredeemably racist images per page.

If this is what the culture thought was cool to memorialize can you even imagine the poo poo that they weren't proud of at the time?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

my bony fealty posted:

It's neglect of duty not to step down as a leader after having participated in something that foul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

my bony fealty posted:

Not resigning is malfeasance imo