Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Taintrunner posted:

Cats would stay and fight

And win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
FF14 is bringing in rabbit ladies and gunblades? Hopefully MMOs are good now since wow launched, cuz here I go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Hopefully MMOs are good now

They are not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well the Anthem demo stamped out what vague trace of hope I had that it might be worth playing for a fiver in 6 months.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Andrast posted:

They are not

FF14 is good though, not "completely without caveats" good by any means but a real solid gosh darn video game nevertheless.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Well the Anthem demo stamped out what vague trace of hope I had that it might be worth playing for a fiver in 6 months.

Major issues or just totally boring?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boring, it's quite literally Destiny but with crappy Mass Effect combat. Oh and you can fly! (for 30 seconds then you overheat)

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Kanfy posted:

FF14 is good though, not "completely without caveats" good by any means but a real solid gosh darn video game nevertheless.

I'm going to be a 15 foot hot rabbit lady with a gunblade and squall's jacket, try and stop me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Marvels cat in the comic is suppose to be a super intelligent genius with super powers. I wonder if that is how this cat will be.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

chumbler posted:

Yes

Even the clear standout of the gameplay has been done before and better, but the tech issues in these demos do not give me faith in the final product

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I think I'd like to play FF14 again but I don't have a thumb-numberpad mouse anymore and those always felt like the only good way to have enough drat hotkeys in easy reach, modifiers included

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I think I'd like to play FF14 again but I don't have a thumb-numberpad mouse anymore and those always felt like the only good way to have enough drat hotkeys in easy reach, modifiers included
play with a controller

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

I'm going to be a 15 foot hot rabbit lady with a gunblade and squall's jacket, try and stop me.

Only a madman would try and stand in the way of such a specimen.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anthem is a game with a ton of potential--the core gameplay, I think, is really fun--that I think is going to absolutely crash and burn because it really, really isn't ready to go. Even taking into account the things that we know have been fixed for launch, there are just too many features missing for me to believe this is how the game should be launching.

If it gets the long-term support it's planned to, I think it can go from "fun to mess around with" to "legitimately really good" in about a year, and luckily they're making the DLC free so you won't have to pay for that upgrade like Destiny. I think its combat and systems are fun and different enough from its competitors that it has room to stand out, which is cool, but good god the UI is bad, the single-player hub is bad, and it's missing things that would seem like pretty baseline features for a game like this with no indication of when or if they'll ever appear (text chat, an FOV slider, anywhere to actually look at your total stats...).

I'm still going to play it on launch because I am perhaps the stupidest man alive and I really do enjoy the moment-to-moment gameplay, but I already had low expectations for how successful this game's launch would be and it's looking like it might slide right under those.

It's a real shame, too, because I really do think it has a ton of potential, and I've found the Bioware devs' transparency and direct communication so far to be extremely refreshing. But this just isn't ready to go yet, and I wish it had more time.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Harrow posted:

Anthem is a game with a ton of potential--the core gameplay, I think, is really fun--that I think is going to absolutely crash and burn because it really, really isn't ready to go. Even taking into account the things that we know have been fixed for launch, there are just too many features missing for me to believe this is how the game should be launching.

If it gets the long-term support it's planned to, I think it can go from "fun to mess around with" to "legitimately really good" in about a year, and luckily they're making the DLC free so you won't have to pay for that upgrade like Destiny. I think its combat and systems are fun and different enough from its competitors that it has room to stand out, which is cool, but good god the UI is bad, the single-player hub is bad, and it's missing things that would seem like pretty baseline features for a game like this with no indication of when or if they'll ever appear (text chat, an FOV slider, anywhere to actually look at your total stats...).

I'm still going to play it on launch because I am perhaps the stupidest man alive and I really do enjoy the moment-to-moment gameplay, but I already had low expectations for how successful this game's launch would be and it's looking like it might slide right under those.

It's a real shame, too, because I really do think it has a ton of potential, and I've found the Bioware devs' transparency and direct communication so far to be extremely refreshing. But this just isn't ready to go yet, and I wish it had more time.

Change the name and this applies exactly to Battlefield V as well. EA gonna EA I guess.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

play with a controller

i remember liking it for gathering and Arsing About but could never get used to it for combat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

I got stuck in scenery way too much for the lack of fun i was having to make continuing worth it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

I've been enjoying this gaming channel.

https://youtu.be/f0qRoKxzFYI

It’s amazing how much better watching someone with actual personality stream a game is than the “big” streamers

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I convinced my friend who'd never played a Resident Evil before to try Re2make.

He loved it and told me he's playing RE4 next. Proud gamer moment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FF14 is bringing in rabbit ladies and gunblades? Hopefully MMOs are good now since wow launched, cuz here I go.

The rabbit ladies are a threat if they add anymore races from Tactics Advance I may fall down the MMO hole :ohdear:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

You done good.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Electric Phantasm posted:

The rabbit ladies are a threat if they add anymore races from Tactics Advance I may fall down the MMO hole :ohdear:

Bad news: there are also Bangaa and Nu Mou.

Good news: They aren't playable.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let me balance things out by saying that I have no interest in RE2make

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:woof:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's that dog

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Bad news: there are also Bangaa and Nu Mou.

Good news: They aren't playable.

what about the dragon girls and pig people

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axelblaze posted:

Holy poo poo this looks insanely awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IpMDh23WP4
it's by the dev of Sexy Brutale and Invisible Hours so it will probably be good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

and its actually a nier raid wow, "yorha: dark apocalypse"

So if you wipe it'll delete your character, right?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the great thing about Zeroranger is now that i've finished it i can show friends the whole game without spoiling anything

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

lets hang out posted:

It's that dog

Finally, the one origin story that matters

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how come nobody is making like a battle royale game that's like twisted metal or rocket league or w/e

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes this is good.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

PantsBandit posted:

Please express your satisfaction with a well chosen gamer word

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZW91Vowz8

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

how come nobody is making like a battle royale game that's like twisted metal or rocket league or w/e

I'm struggling to imagine a battle royale rocket league but i know id be all over it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

precision posted:

I dunno about Rocket League but I think the Twisted Metal style car combat genre pretty much died when they figured out decent FPS/3PS controls for consoles.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I installed the anthem demo in a questionable hdd, cause lol if I'm gonna delete stuff for anthem, and wow this game really does not cope with slow drives. it draws all the text in for menus and UI elements before the backgrounds are fully loaded so it looks constantly broken at all times

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My roommate who is not a gamer has been playing Skyrim on her boyfriend's Xbone

I just heard "gently caress you Lydia" from her room, so I think she's getting the full experience.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

precision posted:

Hero Shooters/MOBA/ETC really gain longevity thanks to all the character variety you can find in a single title and there were already games banking on that tactic in 2010-2012 so it was bizarre seeing the last Twisted Metal go in the complete opposite direction and only have three characters.

The last Twisted Metal killed the franchise for a while until they inevitably announce a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Twisted Metal kind of lived and breathed the 90s edgy aesthetic so I don't think it's coming back.