Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

He bought it at the thrift store for 4 dollars to spite my mom. Now he's convinced it's worth a lot of money because it's on "on old parchment" and "someone spent a lot of time framing it".

What do you think goons??

I LOVE it! It's so dumb. I was hoping for something I could "improve", but that is already perfect as is.

It's like the artist was actually competent, and that was their version of an awful tattoo that they saw on some meth addict at the grocery store.

Oh Jesus! Perfect!

Also, thank you to the people who looked up the genre of painting. Now I've learned some stuff.

Bored fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

pixaal posted:

Google reverse image search thinks it's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minhwa

Specifically:
Kkachi horangi (까치호랑이) is a prominent genre of minhwa that depicts magpies and tigers. In kkachi horangi paintings, the tiger, which is intentionally given a ridiculous and stupid appearance (hence its nickname "idiot tiger" 바보호랑이), represents authority and the aristocratic yangban, while the dignified magpie represents the common man. Hence, kkachi horangi paintings of magpies and tigers were a satire of the hierarchical structure of Joseon's feudal society.[3][4]

Seems right.A thread where we try and make our own might be fun, I have no artistic talent so I'll just leave the idea here.

OP, make a print of this text, frame it with the painting. Goofy painting with interesting explanation makes it twice as cool.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

He bought it at the thrift store for 4 dollars to spite my mom. Now he's convinced it's worth a lot of money because it's on "on old parchment" and "someone spent a lot of time framing it".

Tigers on Ketamine :catdrugs:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

935 posted:

You forgot the best part

" The most common figures were animals that represented power (such as "human being dog" 까치호랑이),

Mods, please???

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
What did your mum do that made your dad want to spite her. What season of hoarders was your family on? Need more background plz.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

바보호랑이

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Idiot tiger :colbert:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
The Baka Tigru

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Looks like a goofd frisbee

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Divine Styler posted:

What did your mum do that made your dad want to spite her. What season of hoarders was your family on? Need more background plz.

Some people just don't appreciate art

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

pixaal posted:

Kkachi horangi (까치호랑이) is a prominent genre of minhwa that depicts magpies and tigers. In kkachi horangi paintings, the tiger, which is intentionally given a ridiculous and stupid appearance (hence its nickname "idiot tiger" 바보호랑이), represents authority and the aristocratic yangban, while the dignified magpie represents the common man. Hence, kkachi horangi paintings of magpies and tigers were a satire of the hierarchical structure of Joseon's feudal society.[3][4]

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Wanna see that tiger on a box of downy flakes

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Natural selection should have got that tiger a long time ago.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Idiot Bird.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

I loving want that painting.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

It needs to be an idiot elephant and an idiot donkey with an eagle in the background.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

This whole time I thought the tiger's body and head were separated and the bird was like goddamn

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh OH! I buy unusual/weird art whenever I come across it. Lemme find some pictures and I shall contribute!

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw this thread for the past few days and didn't click on it but nothing could prepare me for how funny that picture is.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Tried to keep the whiskers but it looked horrible.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Poor tiger, he can't help being who he is :saddowns:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Yesss!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

"Hard Working Americans" should be another idiot tiger, and it's just two idiot tigers staring at themselves in the reflections of each others' eyes into infinity.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

:five:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Holy poo poo lol

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

:master:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Tiger should be the new stupid newbie AV

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

My god

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:five:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lief of puh

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Neutrino posted:

The "hairy" bush with a vagina hole at the base

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed! Thought it was just a sign of my weekend that I was seeing vaginas in trees.