Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Demon's Souls

Even though it plays exactly like Dark Souls, it had a weirdly unique oppressive quality where by the end you felt like poo poo and weren't sure how justified you were in anything. I don't think I'd replay it but I'm curious to see if there were different endings or quests I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
1/28 lollipop chainsaw. schlocky fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beat Leon Standard in RE2. Epic game. Gonna try to get all the achievements and hidden poo poo now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*reaches inside my giant brown duster to tighten grip on my revolver* Leon A or Leon B?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

*reaches inside my giant brown duster to tighten grip on my revolver* Leon A or Leon B?

you know which one it is. shoot the varmint

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
[from a fair distance, behind an old stack of boxes] Yeah! Get his rear end!!!

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Got the "princess is in another castle" ending.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just completed "1 and a half foot shorter" mode Leon no grenade launcher SS+ rank at 2:12. Moving on to wheelchair claire hardcore later tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Just completed "1 and a half foot shorter" mode Leon no grenade launcher SS+ rank at 2:12. Moving on to wheelchair claire hardcore later tonight.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Got the "princess is in another castle" ending.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Tiny Man: It's actually normal to be shorter than your gf. In some cultures it's even sought after.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Resident Evil (Remake) - Jill

This was my first time playing it and it was pretty cool. I'm not gonna replay as Chris though because I mostly just wanted to play it before moving on to the RE2 remake.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
REmake is so good holy poo poo
you should absolutely try it as chris since not having the lockpick changes the dynamic of things a bit

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Adding REmake - Jill

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is REMake compared to RE2 remake. Is it tank control or is it RE4-style like 2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
REmake is tank controls but the PC/ps4/XBO remaster adds optional Analog movement relative to the camera, which is horribly unbalanced

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RE4 has tank controls

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

RE4 has tank controls

this, btw

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

3 Opoona

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

2. Grandia.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Resident Evil 2 (Remake) - Claire A, Leon B

Geez I feel worn out after that. This game is intense. Maybe i'll do a Leon A/Claire B run sometime but for now I'm done.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
year of the backlog continues with watch dogs 2 platinum. i actually really really liked this game, i think i picked it up for 20 bucks and went in with 0 expectations which probably helped, but i enjoyed it more than say gta 5 which it basically copies

the online/pvp integration was pretty unique and doesnt give you a penalty for dying, overall that aspect was probably some of the most fun i had

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3) The Legend of Zelda: Isle of Rebirth - Hero Mode

This is definitely the longest 2D Zelda game I've ever played. It had 12 dungeons, 3 overworlds, 8 or so mini dungeons and 20+ bosses. I think I unlocked a 13th dungeon for beating the game as well as a boss rush. Despite finishing the game on Hero mode this is one game I would recommend not playing on the highest difficulty. It does make the bosses really tense and interesting but it's probably not worth the trade off of having ridiculously strong enemies in all of the dungeons. I enjoyed it a lot of course. Out of all of the Zelda Classic quests I've played this is easily the best one.

Anyway this game really felt like a brand new Gameboy Color style Zelda to me. It has 2D sections, sidequests, fun overworld exploration, tons of quirky items like the remote control boomerang and great dungeon, puzzle and boss design. All it was missing was the Roc's Feather and Pegasus Boots. Here's some screenshots from the later areas.

Definitely going to beat the 13th dungeon and try out the boss rush sometime. But I probably need to finish RE2 first

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its not the longest 2d zelda game because its an illegal fan game that Nintendo should shutdown immediately :twisted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its not the longest 2d zelda game because its an illegal fan game that Nintendo should shutdown immediately :twisted:

Go ahead and send Reggie an email lyle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chaos Gamer Lloyd wants to battle!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Resident Evil Revelations on Nintendo Switch.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
2) The Scorpion King: Rise of the Akkadian. It was nice of "The Rock" to reprise his role from the films, but he was lying when he said this game kicks butt.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yoku's Island Express (Switch)

very relaxing and inventive little metroidvania. one of my favs

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Not great, but pretty good as long as you turn the puzzle difficulty to hard.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Metal Slug (1CC)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

good job metal slug games seem like a pain to 1cc

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mycophobia posted:

Metal Slug (1CC)

grats

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

good job metal slug games seem like a pain to 1cc

i got to the final boss with the slug at full health, all 3 lives in stock and like 30 bombs and I cleared with no slug and 0 lives or bombs left because the boss has like a billion hp.

im having the guy at the arcade swap out metal slug for metal slug 3 and God help me I'm going to try and learn that game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

im having the guy at the arcade swap out metal slug for metal slug 3

No one man should have all that power.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

neogeo is probably easy to swap the mvs arcade boards are just giant cartriges basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

i got to the final boss with the slug at full health, all 3 lives in stock and like 30 bombs and I cleared with no slug and 0 lives or bombs left because the boss has like a billion hp.

im having the guy at the arcade swap out metal slug for metal slug 3 and God help me I'm going to try and learn that game

isn't metal slug 3 is like an hour long. like its a slog just to credit feed thru