Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Best Dune casting choice however remains Salvador Dali as Shaddam IV in the Jodorowsky version that never got filmed.

Why?

Sting as Feyd was amazing and I wish they would have shown him in the fighting pits of Geidu Prime.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

If I ever get a chance to go back in time I think I'd choose getting that movie made over killing Baby Hitler.

If you haven't seen the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune I highly recommend doing so, I think you can rent it on YouTube for a couple bucks. It sadly does not contain my favorite casting anecdote, where Dali thought that the Emperor should ride around on a golden throne that doubled as a toilet, with as he put "separate swan mouths for wee-wee and poo-poo".

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Gas motor or electric?

I am looking to get a pressure washer this spring and have been looking at the Dewalts and Stihls, but I am concerned I may end up using it once or twice a year at most. But it something I want to have when needed.

Buying tool problems.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Gas motor or electric?

Electric. I don't have enough space away from outlets to need gas

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

have you guys ever seen this video

it’s one of my favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYQ2DMddYA

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Petite Dinklage posted:

I am looking to get a pressure washer this spring and have been looking at the Dewalts and Stihls, but I am concerned I may end up using it once or twice a year at most. But it something I want to have when needed.

Buying tool problems.

That's the thing. If you're like me, you'll invent reasons to use your new tools

Spoeank posted:

Electric. I don't have enough space away from outlets to need gas

Just curious. There's not much of a reason for a homeowner to need a gas motor power washer unless you're stripping paint off siding that would require the extra 1000+ psi

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I wanted to get an electric power washer last year to clean the deck and repaint it but my dad lended me his gas one instead. Way too much power for what I need ontop of being extremely heavy to boot :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's the thing. If you're like me, you'll invent reasons to use your new tools

Just curious. There's not much of a reason for a homeowner to need a gas motor power washer unless you're stripping paint off siding that would require the extra 1000+ psi

Electric had the problem of releasing ones too early for the tech. The old ones blew dicks.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/932410286354472960

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Saw Aquamam tonight. DC is trying to mimic Marvel's formula now and it's a bit unsteady but definitely better than most of what they've released so far. Momoa was a great choice for Aquaman. The character is kind of a joke and they really needed a gigantic hulk man to make him look credible. A credible hulk, if you will.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah I dont need a ton of power but I was able to power wash "HI <wife's name>" into the patio so my life is complete.

I knuckled down to get it because I'm smoking wings tomorrow and kinda forgot that I didnt clean my smoker last year so it was nasty as gently caress

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Quiet Feet posted:

A credible hulk, if you will.

:ughh:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The extra psi will help you deter all the industrial heiresses camping out on your porch

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just the Netflix fyre fraud documentary. I can't believe the moment the guy was arrested and posted bail, he went out and started committing more fraud. It's just like... in his blood!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Petite Dinklage posted:

I don't care if this movie is just 3+ hours of all of the actors riffing off of each other it's gonna be loving LIT

https://twitter.com/bmoviesd/status/1091423895931011072

Outside of Bardem all those people suck.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I don't even know who any of them are except Zendaya, Dave Bautista and Oscar Isaac and that's only because they were in some of the recent laser movies.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im probably gonna hate new dune because the 1984 one was completely off the rails in terms of set design, casting, props, costumes, and lynch putting his fingerpints over it. blade runner 2049 was beautiful but not at all in a way that dune would benefit from

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

I just the Netflix fyre fraud documentary. I can't believe the moment the guy was arrested and posted bail, he went out and started committing more fraud. It's just like... in his blood!

I'm watching it right now, just got to the part where the dude who was like "Hey the tent poo poo isn't going to work" because he had tried it out with his wife and they were miserable was immediately fired

e: I want to laugh at this but they just showed one of the locals who got hosed crying because she had to blow $50k of her savings to pay her workers and I just feel bad :(

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 3, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

hifi posted:

im probably gonna hate new dune because the 1984 one was completely off the rails in terms of set design, casting, props, costumes, and lynch putting his fingerpints over it. blade runner 2049 was beautiful but not at all in a way that dune would benefit from

Lynch's Dune was a bad adaptation that didn't work, but also was full of cool wierd poo poo that makes it very watchable. As long as you don't care about it being coherent and don't mind random gross poo poo in your movie anyway.

I wouldn't mind a Dune movie that was conventionally a good movie though.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You will find it is you yourself that sucks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By watching TV in japan I've learned they have the worst subtitles on earth because they need two lines of information for every one line of text because they include hiragana forms of every kanji which should be sending a message to someone that possibly having three writing systems that all convey the same information is not good

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bitcoin dealer seeks credit protection; dead owner had sole access to $250M

quote:

As many as 115,000 account holders are owed $250 million, which is locked up in “cold storage” only accessible to the recently deceased founder and CEO, Gerald Cotten.

quote:

But the new management group has been handcuffed because much of the company’s cryptocurrency reserves are locked in so-called cold wallets — unhackable offline accounts — that cannot be accessed by anyone but Cotten.
In an affidavit, Robertson explains: “The laptop computer from which Gerry carried out the company’s business is encrypted and I do not know the password or recovery key.”

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Barudak posted:

By watching TV in japan I've learned they have the worst subtitles on earth because they need two lines of information for every one line of text because they include hiragana forms of every kanji which should be sending a message to someone that possibly having three writing systems that all convey the same information is not good

my first guess is that you're watching anime for kids

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Do they have different subtitles based on the program

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trumps actually a legit golfer. Shoots 72-73.

But yeah what a group that was lol. They’re in town and that whole block is surrounded by helos

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kids aren't expected to know kanji

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is way late for this thread but that video of trump swinging reminds me of someone in the nba thread talking about fake shooters exaggerate their finish up top to look like they have a better form than they do. i don't know anything about golf but trump looks like he's about 80% followthrough

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do they have different subtitles based on the program

They do indeed, as lack of kanji knowledge is as pointed out assumed for children. Watching music videos quickly devolves into 4 writing systems being on screen in a single two block line of text.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What writing system are they using when I see screenshots of videogames? And why did they stop teaching the other ones to children?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skwirl posted:

What writing system are they using when I see screenshots of videogames? And why did they stop teaching the other ones to children?

They don't stop teaching them, they start teaching you because Kanji loving sucks to learn as its brute character memorization. You learn hiragana then katakana because they're basically the same thing and then you learn kanji which are said using all the rules hiragana and katakana follow. Romanji/latin alphabet is used for other language transcription as well to get you to four writing systems you need to learn although this one is extremely optional.

Most games will be a mix of the first three I just mentioned which is how Japanese is written.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
https://twitter.com/justin_halpern/status/1091740628151545856?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The company that did this design also did a TON of other crazy amazing poo poo that RetSuPrae made videos of until they were forced to take them down.

Like this

https://youtu.be/lnbl9CZ9tOI

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 3, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The company that did this design also did a TON of other crazy amazing poo poo that RetSuPrae made videos of until they were forced to take them down.

Like this

https://youtu.be/lnbl9CZ9tOI

MY FAMILY

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

e: I want to laugh at this but they just showed one of the locals who got hosed crying because she had to blow $50k of her savings to pay her workers and I just feel bad :(

She made a GoFundMe and raised like >$150k to replace that money and pay other workers that got stiffed, if that's any consolation.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Good way to be spend four days trapped in a coffin rapidly filling with your own poo poo and piss.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

some of those designs are cool

but others, well, I hope you don't sleep with your legs or arms hanging off the side of the bed. goodbye arm

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So I was in Cambridge yesterday which is where Harvard is and there was this new pop up artisanal pizza shop that opened and there was a multiple hours line stretched out a literal quarter mile out the door and I just don’t understand people.

Oh and of course the name of the place is pretentious crap “Milk Bar &pizza”

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 3, 2019

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I was in Cambridge yesterday which is where Harvard is and there was this new pop up artisanal pizza shop that opened and there was a multiple hours line stretched out a literal quarter mile out the door and I just don’t understand people.

Oh and of course the name of the place is pretentious crap “Milk Bar &pizza”

It's run by Christina Tosi who had her own episode of Chef's Table and is an all around badass human being. It's both Milk Bar (famous, good) and a pizza place.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Boy I can't wait to be in Cambridge this summer and go try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Boy I can't wait to be in Cambridge this summer and go try that.

Anyone willing to wait 3 hours in line in 25 degree weather for a slice of artisanal
pizza and a soft serve ice cream has too much time on their hands and should be out digging ditches somewhere.

I don’t care that I’m going full No Fun Allowed, it’s dumb and you’ll never convince me otherwise.