Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Alan Arkinsas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Cleveland Ohio

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Im going to miss the cute little berets the sardaukar had in the miniseries.No dune without silly hats

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

hump day bitches! posted:

Im going to miss the cute little berets the sardaukar had in the miniseries.No dune without silly hats

Trash bag fluorescent welders masks

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Lachlan Rhode Island

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

this kid was a weirdo

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Glenn Vermont

Michael Alaska

Brady Nevada

Prolonged Panorama fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 3, 2019

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

And Al Pacino as Leto II.

"When I talk to Fish Speakers I get nervous."

"Sure you do. You know who doesn't? Clones."

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Renowned swordmaster Abner Massachusetts

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

SMH that all y’all don’t know that Duncan was named after a river not a state.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Michael Rooker for Gurney. Actually, I just think Michael Rooker should be in more better films.

Bring Brad Dourif back and let him be the good mentat.

Also, Mungo Pennsylvania.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Anne Frank Funk posted:

He’s named after a donut chain actually

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Joke RunintothegroundState

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Slab Hardbeef

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
They came from Planet Claire

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Connor Delaware

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Roll Fizzlebeef

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
LORD CYBERTREX 8000 MICHIGAN

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Phil Moscowitz posted:

He’s named after a donut chain actually

came here to post this because Arrakis Runs On Duncan

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Dunkin' Idahonuts

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Meatbrick Punch-hard

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Shaddak posted:

Meatbrick Punch-hard
Ah yes, Beast Rabbans nickname in school.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Donald Mississippi

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This thread just became a reddit comment section.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Iko Uwais as Duncan Idaho?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dakota North Dakota

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Hines Wyoming

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
stop this

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I was literally posting to say this then I typed the words above instead; I'm so sorry

Here's an article on the excellent old Dune boardgame, which I played at a sci fi convention when I was 15 and sat next to a girl who was kind of hot but had smelly feet (I think she was the harknnones)

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

I was literally posting to say this then I typed the words above instead; I'm so sorry

Here's an article on the excellent old Dune boardgame, which I played at a sci fi convention when I was 15 and sat next to a girl who was kind of hot but had smelly feet (I think she was the harknnones)

Hold up a sec

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

sebmojo posted:

wowow

That has a bunch of illustrations i've never seen before, even if they're kinda small. Too cool

e: I'm not super familiar with those old style games, but at a glance it kind of reminds me of Steve Jackson's Illuminati on crack. and/or steroids

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 4, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sebmojo posted:

I bought a slightly used copy of this in 2009 for $75 and modified it with a few new cards/features (I think it's way more atm, but I may be wrong) My friends and I play it 2-3 times a year and I can confirm that it is "game theory in a box" and just about the most intertesting and complex board game ever created. Definitely hoping that it finally gets reissued when the new movie comes out because the rights to the boardgame have been in limbo for literal decades.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Seems p interesting and I wonder why having the homeworlds expansion was pointless, that seems on the face to be a cool idea that might add to the game. If the landsraad was in it could have a really strong "homeworld" that actually represents the combined homeworlds of various other houses that don't have their own strong presence on Arrakis.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

sebmojo posted:

The board game rules and after playing it once I bought the Descartes French reissue that was out at the time. I don't think we managed to finish that first game, but I did help cause a nuclear holocaust as emperor which is good enough for me. Given @Duneauthor's dumbass refusal to renew the license I made the right choice even if I have to refer to a translation guide on top of the already convoluted experience. If anything it adds to it.

Descartes also redid the art with new pulp comic book style stuff along with packing in both expansions.

More of the art here.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Holy poo poo that game sounds loving dope.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

phasmid posted:

Holy poo poo that game sounds loving dope.

It's dope as hell, and most of a 6-10 hour play session is spent arguing over rule interpretations, just like a character in the book! The art for the original version is the best tho, the 5 BG ladies look like the ultimate Dame Squad

Would You Like To Know More?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQwPqToLwjU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

sebmojo posted:

I'm the projectile defense shield card dude that's standing there going "Better slow that blade down, bitch"

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Listening to Paul of Dune while I drive around for work, it's really not bad. Kind of interesting hearing about what actually happens during the jihad as opposed to vague references

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I feel like there's some kind of framework that allows you to play arbitrarily-ruled tabletop games online and this can probably hammered into shape so it plays tabletop dune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Enkmar posted:

Listening to Paul of Dune while I drive around for work, it's really not bad. Kind of interesting hearing about what actually happens during the jihad as opposed to vague references
Just keep listening and don't fight it when the knife comes, your water will serve the tribe