Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Congrats man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lots of projects up itt

congrats pal

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Congrats! :canada:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I missed this somehow?

Congrats CT, hope all goes well! :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god why do I even what am I doing....?!?!?!

Looks like I have a solid excuse to find a running barely functional Subaru and fix it before she comes to Australia permanently

Sadly she thinks this is a good idea. Let alone marrying an Australian with too many cars and whole lot of cats.

(Marrying August in Canada when its not f******* freezing)

:rip:

nightly nopetopus
Feb 12, 2018

Possible Dexter.
Defective cat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god why do I even what am I doing....?!?!?!

Looks like I have a solid excuse to find a running barely functional Subaru and fix it before she comes to Australia permanently

Sadly she thinks this is a good idea. Let alone marrying an Australian with too many cars and whole lot of cats.

(Marrying August in Canada when its not f******* freezing)

Hey, you're the one who thought it'd be a great idea to marry the woman with a fixation on knives. Who's the crazy one, here?

I am CI's Canadian. I hardly know a single loving thing about cars... yet. Yes, I read this whole drat thread, and I'm still on board for this insanity, after the fact.

nightly nopetopus fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 9, 2019

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Congratulations!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Holy poo poo congrats!

If you are knife obsessed, you should make ci build you a little forge and anvil setup. You can make pretty good stuff with hand tools, a grinder and some patience.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

nightly nopetopus posted:

Hey, you're the one who thought it'd be a great idea to marry the woman with a fixation on knives. Who's the crazy one, here?

I am CI's Canadian. I hardly know a single loving thing about cars... yet. Yes, I read this whole drat thread, and I'm still on board for this insanity, after the fact.

Congratulations!

If you're new to the forums, DIY has both a blacksmithing thread, and a knife making thread for a different flavor of insanity!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
anxiously awaiting future editorials of CI's posting

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
Hmm... so that means importing 2 door rs’s became a whole lot easier.... 😂

Wait... aren’t RX7 series 6 a dime a dozen?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kaptainballistik posted:

Hmm... so that means importing 2 door rs’s became a whole lot easier.... 😂

Wait... aren’t RX7 series 6 a dime a dozen?

Depends if it's rusted to death or not. Fortuantly nightly nopetopus lives where they DONT salt roads.
There was a few clean Rs 25 coupes around there.... dunno about RX7's havent seen any so far

nightly nopetopus
Feb 12, 2018

Possible Dexter.
Defective cat.
They do salt the roads here when necessary. It's just that we don't get all the snow that compounds the problem of rust, but we do get ice, which makes for less traction as we all know. There were a couple weeks of frosty nights (not enough to wipe out on, on my bike), but I wouldn't go so far as to say there's been ice, and overall it's been warmer than average this season.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Okay. So.

Somehow I've been managing to pick up paid work photographing different sports. Work for hire stuff so I dont own anything I can show but.... 300-400 a day who am I to complain?

Yeah okay I was loving around with long exposures and a flashlight

Of course.... kitties!

Annnnnd still cleaning up downstairs after it got flooded due to a blocked drain. poo poo it is a mess

But waiiiiiiit...... Am I....

Well drat. I actually did a Thing to the WReckX (began the process to pull out the driveline once again). Instead of being a place to hide from a failing relationship, it's.... more a thing I am finding the genuine want to get it going again. It'll be kinda cool to head down to Phillip Island in the WReckX with Nightly Nopetopus one day, wouldnt it?

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

As usual I’ve been doing things that can’t be shown .. because I’m not telling how I Got the BRZ to work... I’m currently finishing installing the new and improved front towers, firewall and Floorpan because the originals were UGLY!

But car Rotisseries are lots of fun. Welding in the Sydney heatwave conditions has Not been fun. It’s been good for loosing weight however!

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/videos/400448843857599/

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Was gonna ask- does the Canadian moving in with you realise that Australia is the hottest place on earth at the moment?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Was gonna ask- does the Canadian moving in with you realise that Australia is the hottest place on earth at the moment?

Yes she does. Seen how cold Canada is right now?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Do the cats approve?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes she does. Seen how cold Canada is right now?

I’d almost take that over 47 degree days

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

It's still 47 degree days, just with a negative sign in front of it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Well....

The cats will come to the bedroom for lots of pattes and belleh scritches when I go to bed without fail. It's difficult to pat three cats at once. When she's around, three cats get a LOT more pattes at bedtime. So yes, they approve :)

quote:

gently caress anything below 0C is her quote

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Ferremit posted:

Welding at -40... would probably be comfortable!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

And now for somehting completely different

Keen thread spotters may work out this doesnt look like the WRX that was there (THAT has become part of the BRZ insanity) and it doesnt look like a Subaru.

It'll be the RX-7 once again driving...... and using 3 litres of fuel to be moved to under the catio. Yeaaaaah. Possible stuck apex seal and as well the carby aint happy. Did I ever mention I hate carburettors?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And now for somehting completely different

Keen thread spotters may work out this doesnt look like the WRX that was there (THAT has become part of the BRZ insanity) and it doesnt look like a Subaru.

It'll be the RX-7 once again driving...... and using 3 litres of fuel to be moved to under the catio. Yeaaaaah. Possible stuck apex seal and as well the carby aint happy. Did I ever mention I hate carburettors?

Something, something, Megasquirt.

:getin:

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

Something, something, Megasquirt.

:getin:

Something something the old dual intake off the CHU and the old computer sitting in the boot 😂!

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Carburetors ... can be made to do almost anything given the proper knowledge and a willingness to almost endlessly tinker with the things. I'll never use one again unless required by rules or something weird.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

mekilljoydammit posted:

Carburetors ... can be made to do almost anything given the proper knowledge and a willingness to almost endlessly tinker with the things.

Carburettors are best used by throwing them out. And thats coming from someone who has an undenied understanding of the Dark Arts.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I hate the damned things. My goal in life is to remove them from my presence. I'm in progress with my '79 RX-7. The '70 Olds Cutlass and the AE86 still have calibrated leaks.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's why I want a GSL-SE.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I’m basically stuffing a GSL-SE into my ‘79.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Charles posted:

That's why I want a GSL-SE.

We never got the 13B in the Gen 1. 12A carby the whooooole way to the Gen2

My 7 on the other hand these days does have a 13B street port with the Series III rear end.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Did you get the NA engine in the S4/S5 cars? I thought Japan for one didn't and had issues with getting a hold of the higher comp rotors easily.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

mekilljoydammit posted:

Did you get the NA engine in the S4/S5 cars? I thought Japan for one didn't and had issues with getting a hold of the higher comp rotors easily.

Funny thing.... the rotors were out of my UK atmo S4 RX7 which was built at the end of the series with S5 parts..

Like the motor and Accesories!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Turns out not a stuck seal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPvdwPMaks

Lot of trouble shooting to go but possibly an idle jet stopping it from idling

A really poo poo photo of garage floor becoming clear. Not seen is the bug bomb that I let off so I wouldnt be eaten alive by fleas that are left by possums.

Also not shown - before where it was overgrown and snake infested. A lot of "oh gently caress YOU" and shovels aimed at snake heads (as well as a a hell of a lot of grass and vines removed, a clear space to stack Subaru interior parts.

Annnnd a box full of LEGO ready to be put back on display once I get the cupboards fixed.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yay! Brap-brap noises!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I think we have found one of the most unexpected sources for big brakes that can be fitted to a Subaru. KB's running some design ideas on a jig before this one gets unveiled

Yeah this BRZ thing has just gotten weirder.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Please tell me it’s a Great Wall Somethingorother

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

slothrop posted:

Please tell me it’s a Great Wall Somethingorother

Pfft... that’s not disturbing enough...

I am Pervering the laws of Automotive nature, like no being has done before. I have already desecrated a vehicle most would swoon over.

This makes the island of Dr moroe look like a school science Petri dish...

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Kaptainballistik posted:

I have already desecrated a vehicle most would swoon over.

Well, is it a Maserati Biturbo or an X1/9 ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Mitsu or GM?