Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
the ceo of kraken has always been very publicly antagonistic toward any government attempt at regulating bitcoin or otherwise interfering with bitcoin (especially anything to do with exchanges), including griping nonstop about the new york bitlicense. but now he's demanding a government investigation into the quadriga debacle. he's being extremely huffy about it :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Starting now.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Hammerite posted:

Starting now.

hey it wasn't a "hack" this time

they're "lost" because the "founder" "died"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boxturret posted:

and now the coins are moving, clearly the work of a ghost

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

and now the coins are moving, clearly the work of a ghost

why is bitcoin so haunted anyway

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

why is bitcoin so haunted anyway

Lack of respect for Satoshi, like not using the mascot.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 1 hour ago

It's not about money. It's about ultimately defeating the inefficient, brutal, and unjust way in which the financial system works. Sure, we'll all be rich after all is said and done, but that's not the point. Even no-coiners will be better off without banksters literally enslaving them.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 3 points • submitted 18 hours ago

This is the future of money, and anyone who doesn't see it probably still thinks fax machines are the height of modern technology.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 1 point • submitted 18 hours ago

Pretty sure you're a bot.

Banks collapse. Yes. Companies, many of them, go to zero. Individuals who hodl Bitcoin dust become rich overnight. Governments kowtow to the new regime, the ones who hold the purse strings (this is the great unknown -- are those people good or evil, the ones who hodl vast quantities of the preciousssss?). These events will happen within the next 18 months. Within the next 6 months, it will be clear that there's a new sheriff in town, and he don't take kindly to con artists and their fake money.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Banks are going to collapse within six months, dude. Most people will lose everything they have. It's going to be very ugly.

Good news: .1 BTC held in a wallet you control (ie, you own your keys) will insulate you from this.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Governments can't even stop torrents, fool. How the gently caress do you think they're going to stop the most powerful cryptographic network on the planet?

Ever heard of a VPN? How about a VM with a VPN inside of it and a text twister to foil AIs that mine linguistic patterns? I suspect you have not if you think "governments can stop torrents."

gently caress, stupid people deserve to be poor. I see it so clearly now...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 1 point 19 hours ago*

I think you are retarded and will be languishing in poverty and regret within six months.

I pity you, slave.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

if i said that i was diydude would you stop posting them? im not but im willing to lie to save my sanity

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Bimb...s=Bitcoin+bimbo

:staredog::staredog::staredog::staredog::staredog:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

if i said that i was diydude would you stop posting them? im not but im willing to lie to save my sanity

bullshit, we all know you are that bitcoin dog mascot

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bitcoin Started the Blockchain Promise - security tokens will propel that promise (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 23 hours ago by cryptotapasredditor for 4 days

Bitcoin and Blockchain are synonymous in my mind - at least the genesis of it.

Now, Bitcoin is going into the background while the big businesses / VC's / Financial moguls are trying to cash in on the Blockchain Technology while CONTROLLING and directing the penetration of blockchain into their chosen areas to the extent they decide.

The first step was to create FUD about Bitcoin. Media played a tremendous role in this. The wild roller coaster has kept us in one of the longest bear markets in Crypto space.

Second was the doing of incompetent crypto exchanges - one after other - these exchanges got hacked losing a lot of money of the loyal crypto pioneers. These losses have forced these crypto confidants out of the game.

Third, the pure greed that handed the golden ticket to scammers. Some of them simply took the money and vanished, while others were crushed by the SEC (and other Govt agencies) actions.

While these three forces together should have been enough to crush the spirit of any technology, Bitcoin/Blockchain are not any technology. They are not only immutable; they are indestructible.

The true potential of blockchain will be realized starting this year and continuing into future years with the 'completely legalized' Security Token solutions that include tokenizing illiquid assets, Tokenizing shares, automating investor communication over blockchain and much more.

FUD, incompetency and scams have only cleansed this space and investors and users are wiser because of it, they are asking intelligent questions and calling bull poo poo - bull poo poo!

This means, the projects that we will see prosper in the coming years will be the ones with ethics, integrity and ability to pull it off, and when that happens, we will see the future Amazons and Apples form right in front of our eyes.

When that happens - Bitcoin will no longer be a medium of exchange. It will be a store of value, a piece of history that changed the face of commerce, a collectible that everyone will want a piece of, whether its a full BTC or a fraction. And then, no one will care what it costs.

Here to the KING of Crypto! Long Live!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

...! posted:

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 1 hour ago

Even no-coiners will be better off without banksters literally enslaving them.

...! posted:

diydude2 1 point 19 hours ago*

I think you are retarded and will be languishing in poverty and regret within six months.

I pity you, slave.

:thunk:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Seems like dead guy is moving his coins

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

hacked by a scary spooky ghost

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Hammerite posted:

hacked by a scary spooky ghost

crypto stands for crypt o' horrors

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Funds are safe.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is this the power of Bitcoin? You can access it even in the afterlife, something not possible with worthless fiat?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

Within the next 6 months, it will be clear that there's a new sheriff in town, and he don't take kindly to con artists and their fake money.
giant expanding :ironicat:

Lambert posted:

Seems like dead guy is moving his coins

obviously the CEO tried to torrent an episode of the colbert report

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i wonder if my linux rig is involved somehow

undead solidarity and all that

also stop hating on apostrophe supremacy, bitche`s

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it seems that right before he "died" he made a will leaving 100k to his dogs

have we found the canine tibane?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

just think. without `, you could not open the console in half-life

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Has anybody made a "Dead men don't wear rubbers" joke yet

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BMan posted:

sv_cheats 1

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Lambert posted:

sv_cheats 1

:false:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Dead Men Don't Wear Butters

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

BMan posted:

~ works just fine

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/APompliano/status/1091810892050776066

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

and butters still won't understand that you can't instantly dump you`re entire bagholding at the last trade price

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Weatherman posted:

and butters still won't understand that you can't instantly dump you`re entire bagholding at the last trade price

oh my god you used more actual apostrophes than backticks in that post :aaa:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what if they all agree to kill all of the bitcoins except for .0000000001? that bit of coin would be worth literally infinity dollars!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why not kill all of the bitcoins for ultimate scarcity?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

EorayMel posted:

Why not kill all of the bitcoiners for ultimate scarcity?

I actually do legitimately wonder how bitcoiners think a total collapse of the system would go down for them. like, entire economic system fails, what stops president Immortan Joe from just rolling up and threatening to hit their parent's basement with a firesale midrange nuke if they don't turn over their butts?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the nap

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also what makes you assume they would not, in fact be, president Immortan Joe for holding butts as Satoshi envisioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/sukru09347068/status/1091923216031977472