Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If Re4 feels like Gears of War, RE6 is gonna feel like...I dunno, Mega Gears of War. It plays like a Call of Duty campaign stretched into 20 hours. Play with a friend to make it less painful if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RE6 is my favorite awful game of all time. I loved it when my friend pointed out that Leon's campaign consisted entirely of him being in progressively larger crashing vehicles.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

People in the past?

shhh rest of the world hasn't caught up yet, esco.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Once again, RE6 is good actually.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Escobarbarian posted:

What the gently caress is this game

By 'greased pigs' they meant Drones

Everything else is correct.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Does Battlefront II go on sale often? I've heard it's actually fairly solid now, and it's hard to say no to a 7.50 PSPlus price tag, but I'm getting into other games at the moment and probably won't have time to touch Battlefront.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only real simile would be Final Fantasy XV, and even that was just trying to salvage Nomura's decade-long trainwreck into something releasable.

Two of Nomura's decade-long trainwrecks have turned into good games. Fingers crossed on the third.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LordHippoman posted:

Does Battlefront II go on sale often? I've heard it's actually fairly solid now, and it's hard to say no to a 7.50 PSPlus price tag, but I'm getting into other games at the moment and probably won't have time to touch Battlefront.
Insanely often, every couple of months its about that price. Its much improved over release I guess, and definitely better than EA's first Battlefront game, I wouldn't say its particularly good but for $8 whatever

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any amount of money you can put into Warframe where it just...stops being a f2p game, with all the advertisements and stuff?

I've never put any money into it and it has never felt like a f2p game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
It's an online game so playing with others is more essential than buying stuff, but if you're going to play on the Ps4 you're going to have a rough time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Screw this game, I decided to try again tomorrow.

Experienced the Ace Combat 7 version of the Tetris Effect. When I closed my eyes in the shower I almost lost my balance because everything is constantly rocking left and right

Use a laser gun and the drones die much easier.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:chloe:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When RE6 is good it's very very good but when it's bad it's horrid

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RE6 has sweet shotgun trick shots and successfully got me and my buddy invested in the fate of one of the grunts in the early parts of Chris' campaign.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I know “it’s fun with friends” is a bad argument for any game that offers a solo option but I also had no expectations to ever play RE6 solo when I bought it and therefor RE6 is good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My 1 gaming buddy who preordered Anthem canceled because of the demo this weekend. RIP Bioware

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

I know “it’s fun with friends” is a bad argument for any game that offers a solo option but I also had no expectations to ever play RE6 solo when I bought it and therefor RE6 is good.

It’s good solo.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
RE6 is trash for trash people. RE5 fits the fun-if-coop qualifier.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Don’t get me started on Destiny 2. I’ve boughten everything up until now and fool me four times....

But I’m really done this time. Yes, the gunplay is and always will be amazing. But somehow Destiny 2 was a regression of 1, with the same issue of no loving content. Then hey we released some cool patches we fixed the game promise!! Cue some shilled Reddit posts about it. I’m really not asking for much, hell do the same levels backwards as “new content” again. I just wanna shoot poo poo, but nah, they even stripped a lot of the customization of the skill tree from 1

Oh hey we got some more content and I know you like DLC but this one isn’t free. I know they weren’t the first game to do more one season pass but really? Should have been free as an apology. Then of course the cash crabbing for items/skins. I know it’s cosmetic only, but yeah

Oh and people lag switch the hell out of the super competitive modes and Bungie is like 🤷🏽‍♀️

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

Use a laser gun and the drones die much easier.

Yeah, the lasers and the railgun are great on any enemies that like to dodge missiles. Can’t dodge light or a slug going Mach 7, assholes!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I just popped two of those High Speed missile and more often than not it would down one of them. After two or so go down the rest are piss easy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

haveblue posted:

Oni unfortunately no longer belongs to Bungie, it got traded to Take 2. They do still own the Marathon IP so Marathon 4 is not as impossible.

I'm pretty sure they could afford to buy it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Who owns Myth. They should make Myth.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also Take 2

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

If you delete Myth 4 from the Data Management section of the PS4 OS it will wipe your extended storage. Please be careful.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Playing through crash trilogy, it's amazing how easy the third game is and how hard the first game is. There's a huge dissonance there.

Honestly the real best argument is to play through the games in reverse order, I barely got through the first game but here I am on the third one, getting most of the gems my first time through a level.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Been playing Resi2 literally all day.

So so so good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you delete Myth 4 from the Data Management section of the PS4 OS it will wipe your extended storage. Please be careful.

God, that two or three year stretch where there were a bunch of major releases that could nuke your hard drive during uninstallation really was somethin’.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So so so good.

I thought I was pretty much done with the game when I unlocked the infinite SMG, but my victory lap run with it was just so drat fun that I'm gonna go in and fill the results screens with S-ranks. :allears:

S+ for the rocket launcher/minigun is a whole other project, but I can cross that bridge later.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i just wanted to let you know, you're right. re6 is good and fun.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol i understood this reference.gif

also tried playing through the whole trilogy two christmases ago and myth3 wasn't half as bad as it was meant to be back in the day, it turns out.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 3, 2019

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol i understood this reference.gif

also tried playing through the whole trilogy two christmases ago and myth3 wasn't half as bad as it was meant to be back in the day, it turns out.

Yeah, it turned out a lot better than say, Star Control 3 or Masters of Orion 3.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, it turned out a lot better than say, Star Control 3 or Masters of Orion 3.

Uh excuse me Masters of Orion 3 was WAAAAAAY better than Excel or any other spreadsheet/ledger software available at that time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So so so good.

I can only play for like 20 minutes at a time because it scares the poo poo out of me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Uh excuse me Masters of Orion 3 was WAAAAAAY better than Excel or any other spreadsheet/ledger software available at that time.

Lotus 1-2-3 was the thinking man's MOO3 :colbert:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

Lol. I remember a few other games had similar problems, like that D&D Pool of Radiance game would wipe your C: drive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. I remember a few other games had similar problems, like that D&D Pool of Radiance game would wipe your C: drive

Those two, the EVE and PSO2 updates that did Bad Stuff, that one Viewtiful Joe 2 demo that would corrupt both memory cards...Good times.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm probably going to get into this Titanfall game (how could it be bad, it's more fuckin Titanfall!) so if anyone wants to play and also bear in mind I am in Australia my PSN is bjorders

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Those two, the EVE and PSO2 updates that did Bad Stuff, that one Viewtiful Joe 2 demo that would corrupt both memory cards...Good times.

I've been spending this weekend alternating between playing KH3 and Phantasy Star IV (for the first time), and I just got to the part where I now understand your avatar. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Vikar Jerome posted:

i just wanted to let you know, you're right. re6 is good and fun.

It's a shame we may never get another 3rd person shooter/beatem up with the same level of control again. It was so much fun to constantly switch between gun and melee combat on the fly mixed in with all the unique playstyles each character brought to the game.

Pretend I posted the tyrant suplex.gif here.