Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

goku, who was dropped on the head, is still many times more mature than superman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the Kryptonian tech was going for a very specific "these guys are Not Good People" vibe and it achieved it. the evil scientists' stuff in DB is along similar lines aesthetically; it's Bulma's tech and some of Frieza's (just the most outward-facing, fitting the early idea of him portraying himself as a Perfectly Legitimate Businessman) that fits what you describe.

What the gently caress are you talking about

vs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think jiren could defeat broly.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I also think buu saga vegito was atleast as strong as SSJ God goku and that line of dialogue saying otherwise was just lazy writing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yamcha should have been in the ToP instead of roshi

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

kale should mentor broly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Let Broly say gently caress

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stairmaster posted:

Yamcha should have been in the ToP instead of roshi

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Improbable Lobster posted:

English Broly is voiced by a creepy gently caress. Does that count?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Vegeta: I'm going to blow up this planet along with you Kakarot!
Goku: good

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Roshi having a piece of ultra instinct rules.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
not going to lie, I was low key disappointed that after Broly transformed, nobody was like "oh wow it's just like Kale!"

(I got over it real quick)

also now I want a live action Trunks movie done by 80s John Carpenter

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Bumper Stickup posted:

Roshi having a piece of ultra instinct rules.

Yeah, ultra instinct roshi is my favorite piece of fan mythos

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

What the gently caress are you talking about

vs

Clearly a grineer transport. What does warframe have to do with this

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Piccolo: A Spike Lee Joint

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Except for the times that actually happen like when Vegeta killed a bunch of people during the Tournament in the Buu Saga, or during the first attacks from the androids or the times they fought Black in the future before going to get Goku. Or Goku's entire fight against Baby.

The Vegeta killing a bunch of people was not because of the fight, it was because he was an rear end in a top hat and purposefully killed a bunch of people to make a point. They actually relocated for the fight with the Androids not wanting to catch innocents in the cross fire. The city was already destroyed and abandoned when they fought Black. Baby is non canon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Vegeta killing a bunch of people was not because of the fight, it was because he was an rear end in a top hat and purposefully killed a bunch of people to make a point. They actually relocated for the fight with the Androids not wanting to catch innocents in the cross fire. The city was already destroyed and abandoned when they fought Black. Baby is non canon.

Thank you. If a city is destroyed and people are hurt, that's usually the opening atrocity of the villains. and the actual fight does not involve involving said villains.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also I think Goku and Vegeta should have basically almost never been in base form during the TOP. Just give a shout-out to full power super saiyajin and you can please the fans for zero effort

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Movie 6 is good because it was basically the only time prior to dbs you got to see Goku and Vegeta legit team up against a foe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What I'm saying is shut the gently caress up about Zach synder

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It was literally Superman's first day. Kind of the point is to show how horribly destructive a superhero fight would be, something that DBZ has demonstrated regularly and is specifically why the characters have learned to lure their enemies into unpopulated regions when possible, while American superhero movies tend to gloss over it at best. (like the laughably small casualty counts from the MCU movies mentioned in Civil War)

On another note, I'm not up to the bits with Ultra Instinct yet, but it strikes me as something someone else posted; that Goku may seem like a foolish, selfish hick with poor social skills, but his physical prowess and knowledge of his own body is top notch, as well as his ability to observe and analyse someone's fighting style, and to make the most out of powerups he's never seen before. Ultra Instinct strikes me as a logical conclusion for this; having refined his skill and awareness to the point where he doesn't need to think about it at all anymore because his body knows what to do and his skills are a part of his reflexes. Would make sense that Master Roshi can do something similar simply because he's got centuries of experience and has seen so much weird poo poo nothing surprises him anymore.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
that was one of the things that excited me about ultra instinct as a concept--that in theory, any martial artist good enough should be able to do it, it's not inherently limited to Saiyans

Only Saiyans are going to end up using it, but

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

More specifically only Goku will end up using it because he genuinely is a fight savant who loves and understands martial arts on a completely different level to anyone else in the show.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

someday beerus is gonna lose a fight and then train for two months and gain UI

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

To give Zach Snyder credit, he could probably do justice to fight scenes for dragon ball, but he'd absolutely butcher everything else. The dragon ball universe isn't really dark or gritty at all, except for Future Trunks' world[s]. Almost all pieces of tech Toriyama creates are very bubbly and round and with bright colors. The only characters with messianic delusions are either played off as a joke, or the bad guy. So maybe Snyder could pull off a Zamasu movie, but who really wants to see that?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Slightly Absurd posted:

To give Zach Snyder credit,
no

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

New topic: Dragon Ball themed drinks. Also what if instead of screaming to power up, you got drunk.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You guys do know Snyder can direct more than one type of film right? That cgi owl film he did a while back was a good family adventure with none of the affectations you guys seem to hate him for.

Anyway what I'm saying is Snyder could absolutely do a Dragon Ball film and really the only western director who could do it justice.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 4, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

multijoe posted:

You guys do know Snyder can direct more than one type of film right? That cgi owl film he did a while back has a good family adventure with none of the affectations you guys seem to hate him for.

Anyway what I'm saying is Snyder could absolutely do a Dragon Ball film and really the only western director who could do it justice.

no

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yes

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

TheKingofSprings posted:

I feel like you can tell CD regulars based solely on their opinion on Snyder

You totally can, I mean it's Dragonball and somehow the endless is Snyder good/bad can't be contained.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

that was one of the things that excited me about ultra instinct as a concept--that in theory, any martial artist good enough should be able to do it, it's not inherently limited to Saiyans

Only Saiyans are going to end up using it, but

It has to be boring as a storyteller to only have like two relevant characters since the other Saiyans refuse to age. Although the more I think about it seems like they're just going to retcon it and make Gohan the odd one out since Goku didn't age until he hit like 15. It sucks if you wanted to see and older Pan/Bulla design though.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

New topic: Dragon Ball themed drinks. Also what if instead of screaming to power up, you got drunk.

Behold: Golden Frieza if he was tall

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

dragonball shouldn't be live action and it actually shouldn't even be in English, hope this helps

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

JoeGlassJAw posted:

dragonball shouldn't be live action and it actually shouldn't even be in English, hope this helps

You'd think Evolution would be proof enough of that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

How about Taika Waititi then?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Get the Spider-verse people to make a Dragon Ball movie.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Just because a good live action dbz movie hasn't been made yet doesn't mean that it's impossible to make one. Give the material to a talented director who loves the series, and I'm sure they'd try their damnedest to make the best live action dbz movie ever, which isn't a high bar

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Speed Racer is probably the most Dragonball movie I can think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Slightly Absurd posted:

Just because a good live action dbz movie hasn't been made yet doesn't mean that it's impossible to make one. Give the material to a talented director who loves the series, and I'm sure they'd try their damnedest to make the best live action dbz movie ever, which isn't a high bar

They shouldn't make one.