Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

Watch this entire thread reverse course and fully support Northam now that we have multiple sources saying that photo is not him.

Well not a single person has done this but I'm sure this time your thread making GBS threads will turn out to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

Watch this entire thread reverse course and fully support Northam now that we have multiple sources saying that photo is not him.

Oh you mean he only did a black face Michael Jackson? Yeah no.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

scopes posted:

Wait, are there more than just Northam and his roommate?

A dog on the street seemed to give an answer in the “arffirmative” when asked, so the list of supporters seems to be growing.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

He literally admitted to a different instance in that press conference, you are dumb.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mr Interweb posted:

Holy poo poo....

THMT is a....HULU series?! All this time I thought it was from Amazon! :monocle:

Handmaid's Tale is a really loving good show. their first season basically swept the Emmys. It rough to watch, it's depressing as hell, and there are tons of triggering moments. If you can get through it, watch it; it's really loving good.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Radish posted:

Reporter: So why did you have a picture of a man in black face and a klansman on your page and why did you go by "coonman"?

Northram:

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

The Super-Id posted:

Oh you mean he only did a black face Michael Jackson? Yeah no.

The thing that is really weird is I'm pretty sure at that time MJ was already lightening himself up in like '84. Tanning was definitely a thing too, you could have slapped some self tanner on (I think there was that in the early 80s?) or gotten some sun and just wore a jacket and one glove and everyone would know you were MJ. No shoe polish required.

I wonder how long he can drag this out before he gets forced down though.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

what does an attorney dress like? bunk moreland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VaEXhUq5v8

I'm watching it for the first time and I just saw this bit tonight :dance:

I was looking for screenshots to capture for the thread of the scene where the INS office is having its big department seal taken down off the wall and replaced by the brand-new DHS/ICE seal, and the fed guy is like "Heh, doesn't seem like anything's changed, huh :shrug:"

Ah, 2003, such a simple innocent time

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Tax cut update: Republicans have about faced in my office from "I can't wait for my tax cut from our lovely President" to " I don't care if my taxes actually went down, my refund went down and that's all I cared about: why did they mess with my withholdings? I don't care if I got more money in my paycheck, that was peanuts and I lost that money!" This is not even considering the ones who actually got a tax raise.

I work in a deep red middle class Italian community. Blue state, high property taxes, 3-4 kids on average per couple. They are all seeing their refunds go down, and some have their taxes go up to. They are pissed.

They all act surprised to even though I specifically told them this was going to happen last year. They believe me when I told them that I told them this would happen last year when we did their projection. But, as one person put it, they didn't believe I was telling the truth because it didn't agree with what Fox News told them.

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 4, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/status/1092207377489760257

And this had nothing to do with racist photo existing, it was because of his abortion comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Karoli/status/1092268810130808834

i mean wasn't that kinda of assumed. the GOP/chud types are fine with racism/bigotry of most stripes in general but they are smart/cynical enough to know that progressives and liberals frown upon it.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I’m a big fan of the Washington Post spending many millions of dollars to celebrate journalists in a time when so many are getting laid off. Even better, it featured footage of Bret Baier. Quality stuff.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

I know you’re just an idiot thread-shutter, but I’m going to validate you. I fully support Ralph Northam resigning.

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/status/1092207377489760257

And this had nothing to do with racist photo existing, it was because of his abortion comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Karoli/status/1092268810130808834

People are so fast to turn on others these days.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapp...10%2Fframe.html

This is great being seen blown up. I'd love to see it get covered by the media tomorrow

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

It is surprisingly progressive (for a Republican) to admit, 'times have changed, I wouldn't do that today.' I mean, it doesn't excuse it, Turtle is obviously an rear end, but usually by this point his office would have dug in so far they'd have hit the earth's molten core.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

gameday posted:

I honestly didn’t think this thing could get any more farcical, but here we are.

Its this forums super power.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Lovely, (Oh Lovely) is this feeling now
Anger, pressure rising now
Power (Oh his little bit a powa) is all he cares about
Thus he'll stumble, for no reason why
So get closer (Oh closer now)
to your moblie now
keep dialin'
Till we Kick Him Out...Oooh!

Keep on, baby don't stop. Don't stop 'til ya kick Northam out.

I didnt know Weird Al was a goon...

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

To future Democrats, I implore you, please don't run for office if there are photos of you being racist

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 4, 2019

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Data Graham posted:

I'm watching it for the first time and I just saw this bit tonight :dance:

The first watch is special but the fifth and sixth and seventh watches are still enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJn-9TP7uUM

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

You are really stupid. The dumbass admitted to using blackfce and his nickname was "Coonman". Get the gently caress out of the thread.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Apparently CHUDs are trying to nail Fairfax on a controversy.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Once they processed who ousting the gov would empower, they got the sweats

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The controversy of an abundance of melanin?

What are these losers trying to grasp at?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

friendbot2000 posted:

The controversy of an abundance of melanin?

What are these losers trying to grasp at?

I can’t find the details yet but someone I trust says the same source that found the Northam poo poo is claiming something about Fairfax

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

that sounds like the sort of thing chuds tell themselves to pretend their side is playing 4D chess

I doubt Fairfax has any racist photos out there so unless he's a sex pest or SA poster, there's nothing to expose that's as bad as Northam.

Edit: and if he is, well, future Democrats, I implore you, please don't run for office if you're a sex pest

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Blind Rasputin posted:

Watch OP get owned for being a loving moron.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mendrian posted:

It is surprisingly progressive (for a Republican) to admit, 'times have changed, I wouldn't do that today.' I mean, it doesn't excuse it, Turtle is obviously an rear end, but usually by this point his office would have dug in so far they'd have hit the earth's molten core.

Yeah, for someone like McConnell that's actually... fine? Not awesome, but what are you going to do? He's basically already on record denouncing that flag and coming as close as a Republican can to calling it a symbol of racial oppression, so he's about as far ahead of this as he can get. McConnell is loving terrible, but he's an excellent politician.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If somebody found a photo with a Democrat posing in front of a Confederate flag, McConnell would demand their resignation tomorrow without a hint of shame at the hypocrisy.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, for someone like McConnell that's actually... fine? Not awesome, but what are you going to do? He's basically already on record denouncing that flag and coming as close as a Republican can to calling it a symbol of racial oppression, so he's about as far ahead of this as he can get. McConnell is loving terrible, but he's an excellent politician.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Wylie fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 4, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Undocumented Gamer posted:

People are so fast to turn on others these days.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapp...10%2Fframe.html

This is great being seen blown up. I'd love to see it get covered by the media tomorrow

Northam’s gonna resign, Mitch is gonna get re-elected with an even bigger majority because It’s Okay If You’re A Republican.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

pseudorandom name posted:

If somebody found a photo with a Democrat posing in front of a Confederate flag, McConnell would demand their resignation tomorrow without a hint of shame at the hypocrisy.

This here is why I can't stand to see people here give him even a tiny ounce of credit for his denouncement of it. gently caress Mitch the shameless turtle sideways with a stiff wire brush.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can’t find the details yet but someone I trust says the same source that found the Northam poo poo is claiming something about Fairfax

Watch it be a sealed juvenile record like we are supposed to care.

Or worse...he...he might have been in a rock band

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Nobody is going to do this, but if northam can make it through next week without resigning eventually the Atlantic or other middlebrow rags will throw enough hot takes about the need to support blue no matter who. This will give them enough cover to say "I don't support northam, but..."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Covok posted:

Tax cut update: Republicans have about faced in my office
The fun part is getting to the comparison page in TurboTax and noticing how many exemptions were loving obliterated.

It's loving bonkers.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I'm saying that the only way this could really follow him over the long term or hurt him is if he'd doubled down, which he didn't. People are going to keep tweeting it and his office will keep responding with his fairly unequivocal statement that the Confederate flag is bad.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Some of them will be strung up or burned by starving masses they can no longer control. There isn’t really anywhere to escape to.

Pages back but wrt the end of capitalism I think the advancement of facial recognition, automation, and drones has finally resolved the money/labor/security conundrum firmly in the hands of capital.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

But dems invented the Confederate flag?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Tree Bucket posted:

The great thing about Mieville books is that no matter how bizarre, monstrous or twisted the creatures within are, the true enemy always ends up being capitalism. Smart man, Mr Mieville...

I mean, being a poo poo-hot author of fiction while also being a flaming commie and holding a PhD in PolSci will do that to a person.

He's even a realist about it. All of this fictional revolutions end up being violently suppressed. :smith:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what is the thread title from

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Well yes, of course. McConnell, as previously stated, is an rear end. He's basically immune to hypocrisy.

I mean, the Democrats tried to invoke the McConnell rule against him and he laughed it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

gameday posted:

I honestly didn’t think this thing could get any more farcical, but here we are.

The slogan for this country since 2000 when a family member of George Bush Jr at Fox News called Florida early and all the other news organizations fell in line which developed into a narrative that led to the Supreme Court installing the wrong man for president.

Remember that one?