Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Danaru posted:

Did the last one actually happen? It's honestly more believable than some of the others that I KNOW happened

its referring to a bunch of goons begging literally dying homeless heroin junkie sunburnt aphid to check into some sort of rehab, and now-banned former mod hondarider cutting into say 'actually rehab is awful try lsd instead'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the rest of them are 100% factual though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kitfox88 posted:

the rest of them are 100% factual though

Well, the zipline was never actually used

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think the zipline was still the most scary. Wouldn't it have propelled children into a a dead stop at 60mph at the end or something?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think the zipline was still the most scary. Wouldn't it have propelled children into a a dead stop at 60mph at the end or something?

i don't remember the exact speed they would have reached, but he overshot the angle by a factor of nineteen

like, as in, a safe angle of descent for a zipline might be two degrees, and his zipline pointed down at 38 degrees

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Is that like, fall straight down and get jerked back up by the harness angle, or more like crash through the end because you can't stop angle

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Is that like, fall straight down and get jerked back up by the harness angle, or more like crash through the end because you can't stop angle

Yes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fool_of_sound posted:

its referring to a bunch of goons begging literally dying homeless heroin junkie sunburnt aphid to check into some sort of rehab, and now-banned former mod hondarider cutting into say 'actually rehab is awful try lsd instead'

Lsd does have some use in addiction treatment, i always felt a bit sorry for hondarider on that one

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sebmojo posted:

Lsd does have some use in addiction treatment, i always felt a bit sorry for hondarider on that one

Not unsupervised doses for someone so terminally addicted that they were asking how to keep mainlining heroin after their veins were collapsing and couldn't take a needle anymore. Microdose supervised hallucinogens are useful for addiction and depression, but that doesn't mean 'tell a burnout to also start taking psychedelics'.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Counterpoint: Acid is fun.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fool_of_sound posted:

Not unsupervised doses for someone so terminally addicted that they were asking how to keep mainlining heroin after their veins were collapsing and couldn't take a needle anymore. Microdose supervised hallucinogens are useful for addiction and depression, but that doesn't mean 'tell a burnout to also start taking psychedelics'.

Oh I'm not saying it was a good idea, just not quite as crazy as it was painted.

My high water mark is the wife of that junkie goon, who baked to death in a car park, pawing through his pill collection popping them at random just in case

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Counterpoint: Acid is fun.

Hmm, interesting point.

So if my calculations are correct you can mix it with the heroin and have fun and get high AND avoid addiction?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah the speed it would have thrown somebody down it was "would kill you 100% of the time when you hit the end." He didn't do any math and just built the thing because lol I'm going to make the biggest and funnest zip line ever, man! Then some engineering goons did the math and were like "this is going to kill somebody. No joke, here are the numbers, and it isn't like one of those might hurt at the end but you'll be ok situations. This thing will literally kill people."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Outrail posted:

Hmm, interesting point.

So if my calculations are correct you can mix it with the heroin and have fun and get high AND avoid addiction?
Yes, this is called "Cris Chrossing" and it is recommended by the doctor

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
It indeed did in TCC

Sans catacombs and skeletons

E: dammit beaten like a rug because I didn't read all the way and I'm all traveled out and braindead this am

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sneakyfrog posted:

E: dammit beaten like a rug because I didn't read all the way and I'm all traveled out and braindead this am

I read this as "braindead this arm" which is another classic TCC moment

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sebmojo posted:

My high water mark is the wife of that junkie goon, who baked to death in a car park, pawing through his pill collection popping them at random just in case

I thought that was sunburnt aphid's (the one hondarider wanted to self-medicate with LSD) husband?

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I thought that was sunburnt aphid's (the one hondarider wanted to self-medicate with LSD) husband?

Nope. Sunburnt aphid was barely hanging on and living in motels. Car goon had kids and a house.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I read this as "braindead this arm" which is another classic TCC moment

God, what goon said something about “arm reduction. It’s harm reduction once you’ve done all the h”? That was perfect.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
TCC is better than DARE could ever dream of.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

TCC is better than DARE could ever dream of.

It's not hard to achieve; Dare was pretty hosed up in the head.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Keromaru5 posted:

Look, if we can call a hot tub a jacuzzi after its inventor, then we can call a corpse reanimated by mad science a Frankenstein.

Samovar posted:

Really? I thought it was named after Emile Zola's work.

Bruceski posted:

Because it's what you say when you catch your spouse and neighbor in there.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

sebmojo posted:

If I remember correctly (I may not be), the goon wife wanted goons to help her identify mystery pills, which is weird to me because heads up: Drugs.com has a pill identifier. I use it for found pills at work all the time.

Also the goon who lost his arm meat to heroin played a ton of Call of Duty with me and after getting surgery to regain rudimentary control of his arm, died of an overdose.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Untrustable posted:

If I remember correctly (I may not be), the goon wife wanted goons to help her identify mystery pills, which is weird to me because heads up: Drugs.com has a pill identifier. I use it for found pills at work all the time.

Yeah, IIRC she was just looking for pill ID information, and anything about her taking/wanting to take anything is mutation of the story via goon oral tradition. I want to say she wasn't even into drugs, just trying to do damage control... which led to the actual unfortunate part of the story, where she was asking TCC how she could convince the life insurance company that her husband's death was accidental. All right, insurance fraud!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, IIRC she was just looking for pill ID information, and anything about her taking/wanting to take anything is mutation of the story via goon oral tradition. I want to say she wasn't even into drugs, just trying to do damage control... which led to the actual unfortunate part of the story, where she was asking TCC how she could convince the life insurance company that her husband's death was accidental. All right, insurance fraud!

Shouldn't be a crime.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Serious question: Does life insurance not pay out if the person died by taking way too much of whatever the gently caress he was taking? Is it considered a suicide?

Like, I take lots of meds for stuff and if I get forgetful and take two of the same pill I could die. Would my insurance not pay out? Not trying to commit insurance fraud or suicide or nothing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The difference between what is morally right and what is legally right got LF shut down.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Improbable Lobster posted:

BB or a pebble under the cap for the tire refill valve. They'll have a constant slow leak they won't be able to fix, but no actual damage
Cellophane or glass marble in the gas tank. It clogs up the fuel intake valve while the car is running, but in a random "what was that" way, and then it moves off of the intake valve so the car can start again so it's really confusing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Untrustable posted:

Serious question: Does life insurance not pay out if the person died by taking way too much of whatever the gently caress he was taking? Is it considered a suicide?

Like, I take lots of meds for stuff and if I get forgetful and take two of the same pill I could die. Would my insurance not pay out? Not trying to commit insurance fraud or suicide or nothing.

insurance will use any excuse not to pay out

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Insurance pays out for suicide. Just have to have the policy typically for two years.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Untrustable posted:

There's generally a two year contestability period. So suicide, or dying because of a disease you lied about having or something like that may allow them to not pay out in the those first two years. After that, they're bound to pay with limited exceptions (like if the beneficiary killed you for the money).

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What if I'm my own beneficiary and I shoot myself? Am I then the victim of fraud?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
yes they would put you in cemetery jail and you would have to live out the plot of Lost, even the later seasons.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

pangstrom posted:

yes they would put you in cemetery jail and you would have to live out the plot of Lost, even the later seasons.

Fuuuck, cruel and unusual dude.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arivia posted:

The difference between what is morally right and what is legally right got LF shut down.

LF got shut down because they couldn't stop planning to kill to the President.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

VanSandman posted:

LF got shut down because they couldn't stop planning to kill to the President.

That does not contradict the post you quoted

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Goons invented swatting, except with the secret service and the target is always lowtax

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pangstrom posted:

They weren’t dead the whole time!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There was also an autistic goon, who thought LSD could cure his autism. Naturally, TCC helped him to find and buy drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Did he succeed in buying drugs, then curing his autism?