Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
That “whole goddamn pisspot of I1 Y-wings” would be hilarious against tripsilons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

TheCenturion posted:

That “whole goddamn pisspot of I1 Y-wings” would be hilarious against tripsilons.

You have no idea how much I want to ebay another set of scum ywing conversion kit components to run with the 5 new 2.0 rebel y-wings I impulse bought because I love y-wings and the new sculpt is great.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Speaking of, does anyone know of a place to purchase single dials (and maybe cardboard bases)? I'm short one for my x-wing. :negative:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Iceclaw posted:

Speaking of, does anyone know of a place to purchase single dials (and maybe cardboard bases)? I'm short one for my x-wing. :negative:

Where are you? There are a whole bunch of singles sellers both on ebay and with their own sites, but it makes sense to order local to you.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Western Europe.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Try Big Orbit Cards https://www.bigorbitcards.co.uk/x-wing-miniatures-game/ or Pro-Tech models https://protechmodels.co.uk/collections/x-wing-2

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks!

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Yeah, that's why I am thinking about 4 ships instead. Han may be good against Ups, but he is going to be hurting against a lot of other lists. My brain tells me to run a swarm, but I think I would rather eat glass than ever run 6+ ships for 6+ games

This is also garbage but is cheaper and does the same thing as resistance Han.

Han Solo (Scum) — Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter 54
Trick Shot 2
Boba Fett 4
Tobias Beckett 2
Lando’s Millennium Falcon 6
Ship Total: 68

Resistance Han can block where the Upsilons want to deploy, forcing them further back That Scum Han can just deploy where he wants. With Scum I think you've got two good I6 options, and and the best hard counter to green token stacking in the game in Old Terry. You just clock in at 195 for the bid (unless they drop collision detector on Dormitz, which opens up more counterplay) and set up old Terry behind a big rock, where he can 4 forward and barrel roll left or right. Once the Upsilons are down set up Fenn and Han on a flank. If the Upsilons do their standard opening you can easily set up an engagement where you trade 1.2 hits on Old Teroch for 6.2 on one of the Upsilons.

Swarms get a bad rep for being brain burn but it's often the opposite. Flying Soontir, Fenn, Poe or any ship with Advanced sensor alone probably has a higher cognitive load than setting 6 dials with the same manoeuvres, and if you gently caress up one of your dials you're only losing 1/6 of your list, not 1/3 so there's less stress overall.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
[quote="hoiyes" post="492231570"

Swarms get a bad rep for being brain burn but it's often the opposite. Flying Soontir, Fenn, Poe or any ship with Advanced sensor alone probably has a higher cognitive load than setting 6 dials with the same manoeuvres, and if you gently caress up one of your dials you're only losing 1/6 of your list, not 1/3 so there's less stress overall.
[/quote]

If your flying a swarm and you set a dial wrong it is basically the end of days, unless you reveal it last of all (which you probably wont because you don't know you messed it up) it will throw your entire formation into chaos. In a swarm space is tight and knowing what will fit is really important. Ships that you thought were moving into empty space will bump the messed up ship and..... its not pretty, its not good.

Swarms only fly the same move for the first few rounds (and even then not always), then you have to think about who is bumping and who is shooting, if its worth running over an asteroid to stay in formation, if a damaged ship should run for it or seek a shot.

TL:DR I am a big swarm fan and will defend them to the death.

Edit: I do not know why the quote is messed up, i may have set a dial wrong

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Someone went 5-1 at a 120 person Hyperspace trial with this. Would definitely be able to fly differently than most swarms

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

“Wampa” (30)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I am really tempted to give this a try if I could get all of the bits

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Someone went 5-1 at a 120 person Hyperspace trial with this. Would definitely be able to fly differently than most swarms

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

Planetary Sentinel (34)

“Wampa” (30)

I am really tempted to give this a try if I could get all of the bits

That was the first hyperspace list I flew!

It’s very solid. I dropped it because I only own two strikers and didn’t want to borrow/buy three more

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

thespaceinvader posted:

Where are you? There are a whole bunch of singles sellers both on ebay and with their own sites, but it makes sense to order local to you.

Is there a source better than eBay in the US, if I can get a second conversion kit worth of cardboard for a pair of goon y-wings cheaper than the 20 bux or so on eBay I'm all ears.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Are there any good "bits" sellers in the US? I'm needing a Crymorah Goon tile and the only ones I can find on Ebay are from the UK so shipping is killer.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Not that I'm aware of, but then, why would I be?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What is the standard triple upsilon list now with the point changes?

Dormitz + 2 Starkiller all with Hyperspace tracking data & collision detectors is 196. I can't see people going to 200 because they want the bid for setup.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah, not much reason to fill it out to 200. You *might* even see people dropping collision detector on Dormitz for a bigger bid, because that coordinated reinforce on the first turn isn't that good without a way of getting a reinforce on the other one now that Tavson doesn't fit. 195 is a pretty safe best for your 6s to get the drop on them.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So is there any reason why the Star Wing is being sought after so much right now? Last time I saw ship prices this inflated was the K-wing during the TLT craze. I dont even see the Star Wing in many lists people post.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Floppychop posted:

So is there any reason why the Star Wing is being sought after so much right now? Last time I saw ship prices this inflated was the K-wing during the TLT craze. I dont even see the Star Wing in many lists people post.

Because it got cheaper in the points shift I assume. IDGI personally, it got cheaper but the best ordnance got more expensive.

Nonetheless, Gunboats are still very solid ships, 7HP for 32 points is distinctly Not Bad.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Seems like it could be fun?

New Squadron

(32) Nu Squadron Pilot
(0) Os-1 Arsenal Loadout
(7) Barrage Rockets
(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes
(3) Advanced SLAM
Points 50

(46) Colonel Jendon
(4) ST-321
Points 50

(32) Nu Squadron Pilot
(0) Os-1 Arsenal Loadout
(7) Barrage Rockets
(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Advanced SLAM
Points 50

(32) Nu Squadron Pilot
(0) Os-1 Arsenal Loadout
(7) Barrage Rockets
(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Advanced SLAM
Points 50

Total points: 200

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Floppychop posted:

Because they’re fan favorites and out of print for the foreseeable future. The existing stock is all there is. They’re average at best in-game now.

That’s the long and short of it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Because they’re fan favorites and out of print for the foreseeable future. The existing stock is all there is. They’re average at best in-game now.

That’s the long and short of it.

Yeah I love the Assault Gunboats but they're a bit eh. Nothing amazing other than SLAM which I find less useful on the low initiative stuff. Right now I've only got one list that uses it as a distraction that throws ion tokens:

TIE/in Interceptor - Saber Squadron Ace - 45
Saber Squadron Ace - (40)
Juke (5)

Juke (5)

Juke (5)

Alpha-class Star Wing - •Major Vynder - 65
•Major Vynder - Pragmatic Survivor (39)
•Lone Wolf (5)
Fire-Control System (2)
Ion Torpedoes (6)
Cluster Missiles (5)
Advanced SLAM (3)
Xg-1 Assault Configuration (0)
Ion Cannon (5)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

You can fit 5 gunboats with barrage rockets in a list.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Funzo posted:

You can fit 5 gunboats with barrage rockets in a list.

Yeah but you can still fit 5 TIE Bombers with BR and make one of them Jonus.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Trip report:
i played two games, first was this list:

Kath Scarlet (74)
L3-37 (4)
Marauder (6)
Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

Black Sun Soldier (27)
Intimidation (3)

Black Sun Soldier (27)
Intimidation (3)

Binayre Pirate (24)
Deadman’s Switch (2)

Binayre Pirate (24)
Deadman’s Switch (2)

My opponent was rebels with a generic X-Wing, two generic B-Wings and Ducht Vanders.

The game was a giant clustersfuck and a ton of fun. I didn't manage trigger Kaths double attack at all but i still got my first X-Wing win ever.

Second game was the list i posted earlier, i'll admit i didn't want to put in a Z95 because i already used a ton of them in the other list so i just switched out the jamming beam for an HLC.

Han Solo (Scum) (54)
Trick Shot (2)
Qi’ra (2)
L3-37 (4)
BT-1 (2)
Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (Escape Craft) (29)

4-LOM (49)
Elusive (3)
Advanced Sensors (10)
0-0-0 (5)
Mist Hunter (2)

Cartel Spacer (28)
Hardpoint: Cannon (0)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

My opponent had Rexler Brath, two generic Interceptors, and a generic "normal" TIE

I liked the Scyk a lot actually but i think next time i'll try sticking a tractor on it. 4-LOMs stress fuckery was great but by the time i got a hang of the positioning there a lot of damage was already done. Definitely wanna try the build again.
The Falcon has a pretty nice dial but i only managed to actually line up a trick shot once. A bunch of other times even when there was a rock between Han and something else the relevant line missed the rock. Does anyone have tips for this other than learning to fly better? Should i actually try parking on rocks? I'm kinda tempted to try putting an Outer Rim Pioneer into the Escape Craft instead of Lando.

Also has the Qi'ra / Han interaction ever been clarified?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bistromatic posted:

Also has the Qi'ra / Han interaction ever been clarified?

Yep.
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/277390-x-wing-official-rulings/?page=1

quote:

Q: What does “ignores obstacles” mean? Do Han Solo [Pilot, Customized YT-1300] and Qi’ra [Crew] work together? What about Dash Rendar [YT-2400] and Outrider [Title]?

A: When an effect says a ship “ignores obstacles,” it means that ship “ignores the effects of obstacles.” A ship that is “ignoring obstacles” does not apply the effects of overlapping or moving through them. When that ship performs an attack that is obstructed by an obstacle it ignores the effects of the obstruction, so the defender does not roll 1 additional defense die being obstructed by the obstacles the attacker is ignoring.

However, the obstacles are still treated as being present for effects that check for their presence or absence. Additionally, an attack is obstructed by an obstacle even while the effects of the obstacle are ignored. This applies to cards such as Outrider, Han Solo [Pilot, Customized YT-1300], and Trick Shot (Talent).

Additionally, other ships do not ignore the obstacle when resolving effects that interact with a ship that is ignoring obstacles. For instance, while a ship that is ignoring obstacles defends, if the attack is obstructed, it still rolls 1 additional defense die because the attacker is not ignoring the effects of obstacles.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
That's a good link to have, thanks!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

FWIW, people still argue that Qi'ra doesn't allow attacks whilst on locked obstacles.

It's dumb, but there you go.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Republic Preview up

EDIT: Is it me, or are purple actions kinda...crap?

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 4, 2019

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Republic Preview up

EDIT: Is it me, or are purple actions kinda...crap?

That purple action is kind of crap, yes.

Saesee Tiin is pretty neat. Built-in Cassian Andor. I can see him reducing the need to win initiative for the Jedi.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm going to have a hard time not calling him Sassy Tim :nyd:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

I'm going to have a hard time not calling him Sassy Tim :nyd:

NOW I WILL TOO THANKS A LOT

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I originally misread his ability to mean he could change an opponents dial. That would have been bullshit though, so I'm glad I was wrong.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

I originally misread his ability to mean he could change an opponents dial. That would have been bullshit though, so I'm glad I was wrong.

Haha me too, I went HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY SH--oh nevermind that's just okay

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Is the Aethersprite dial odd to anyone else? No 3 turn, no 1 straight, and not many blue maneuvers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Is the Aethersprite dial odd to anyone else? No 3 turn, no 1 straight, and not many blue maneuvers.

They're not gonna self-stress often with that pilot abilty. They can effectively link into reposition (including double reposition) without stress.

In practice that looks like a very Inquisitor-like dial. Sure the 1-hards aren't blue, but you don't NEED blues if you're not stressed. They're going to be INCREDIBLY hard to shake if they get on your tail.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Tucker! OddBall! Sinker! Kickback!

These names are loving sub-Insecticon level bad.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

Look man, they're not bad when you consider they're from the franchise that just barely avoided "Darth Icky."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

enigmahfc posted:

They do sound better when shouted by Dee Baker Bradley with a kiwi accent.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I can't wait to fly ace pilots Dinner Plate and Bar Chart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Darth Insanius!

Actually my favorite Star Wars name is Palob Godalhi, anagram of official Lucasfilms lore/continuity expert Pablo Hidalgo