Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm pretty sure it's an API for devs to add in achievements and friends and multiplayer to their own games, which I'm all for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

TLOU was pretty good but it kind of kickstarted the Sad Dad era of gaming which I’d like to leave behind

Nier came out 3 years before TLOU.

Barudak posted:

Xbox Live features on my Switch?

Predicting now it will be a tremendous failure or never really get off the ground because Im interested in it

Can't wait for Infinite Undiscovery Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon remakes being announced for the Switch via XBL. We already have Tales of Vesperia :yayclod:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I still can't believe there was an animal crossing switch trailer during the super bowl.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Barudak posted:

Xbox Live features on my Switch?

Predicting now it will be a tremendous failure or never really get off the ground because Im interested in it

It's both a logical and a risky move that I want to succeed. Cross-play on compatible titles is never a bad thing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It probably just means crossplay in minecraft

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Andrast posted:

That's been implemented for about half a year now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrast posted:

MS already did that in 2017.

https://www.windowscentral.com/minecraft-cross-play-guide

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Why must you be the screen-door of my submarine?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nier came out 3 years before TLOU.

Sad Dad is a particular strain of western gaming, Japanese games are immune to it no matter how sad the dad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RZA Encryption posted:

I still can't believe there was an animal crossing switch trailer during the super bowl.

You!!! :argh:

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

Crafty! You got me too :smith:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well there was that ad where Harrison Ford got cross with his dog, which is an animal

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

asecondduck posted:

Well there was that ad where Harrison Ford got cross with his dog, which is an animal

Best super bowl ad, tied with the Planters' Peanutmobile hitting a ramp... which isn't a very high bar. Overall, a pretty weak super bowl, but grats to the Patriots for making history. To make this post relevant, I played Picross S on my Switch about 3 months ago and am waiting on a good Gamestop trade-in deal so I can get a good deal on getting a PS4 and Kingdom Hearts 3 for a friend's birthday present.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what history, first team where 99% of the viewer base wants the entire roster including the coach to suffer career-ending injuries

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

TLOU was a good game but was not fun in any way shape or form for me, I doubt I'll play the next one. No idea why they felt they should ruin the perfect ending the last one had by adding more but oh well.

:same:

I really enjoyed the story and characters but the actual game play was a slog. I haven't wanted to play it again since.

I think that complaints about cinematic videogames are a little overblown but TLoE is one of the few games I'd like better if it was a movie or miniseries instead.

The other one is LA Noire. I've been playing the Switch version the past few days and decided to just give up and use a walkthrough for the interview sections and I'm enjoying it more than when I actually tried to play it on the PC in the past because I'm treating it like a (barely) interactive TV show.

The White Dragon posted:

what history, first team where 99% of the viewer base wants the entire roster including the coach to suffer career-ending injuries
It was the lowest-scoring Superbowl to date.

Oh and Tom got a 6th win, making him the winningist player ever. But the other record deflates that a little bit.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 4, 2019

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Maybe it's just me, but if I stand by the bullshit I've always spewed: "If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie instead".

*plays persona*
*proceeds to get into motherfucking visual novels of all things*

Games and film can both convey narrative in their own unique ways, but something seems to get lost when one attempts to emulate the experience of the other.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:psyduck:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Link it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
No

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SJW stands for Samus Just Walks, an acronym for Other M fans

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

well, how does it show how crazy SJWs are?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It was delayed by SJWs who are mad that Samus it's white!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Heath posted:

It was delayed by SJWs who are mad that Samus it's white!!

Actually if you watched the video,

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can't believe they took my favorite manly shooting game and made the main character, metroid, a GIRL

no wonder it's delayed!!

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Wait. You don't play as metroid in Metroid?

wtf is the point then

RME
Feb 20, 2012

you do in metroid fusion, kind of

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That's got to be robot generated clickbait.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

me too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This makes sense given Microsoft’s stance on how prevalent streaming and cloud computing will be in the future. Microsoft sees closed off consoles and devices as something that will be phased out as streaming and remote computer access gains speed. Microsoft has even stated they don’t see OSs being a thing in within ten years so they’re shifting their focuses in all their departments. Xbox Live Gamepass and Xbox Anywhere is really the first facet of that where games are tied to a service that can be downloded and played across multiple devices as long as they can handle them

The people who make statements like "OS's wont exist in ten years, it'll all be in the cloud!" are people who don't actually work in the real world and should be ridiculed whenever possible.

Microsoft wants their services to be A Thing any way they can, and it's just not happening for them. People don't buy games off the Windows store even though they had sweet Xbox titles exclusively there!! (Keyword 'had'; they're all now on Steam...), the Smart Glass stuff is a VERY dull thud compared to Android and Apple touch devices, and they're jumping at linking with Nintendo accounts because the Switch is popular and MAYBE this will be the thing that gets people investing in XBones and Microsoft services.

It will not be the thing that gets people investing in XBones and Microsoft services.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 4, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

For someone who REALLY struggled with Path of Pain in Hollow Knight (I didn't count the hours, but I guess it was > 5 trying, and I didn't have much fun with it): is Celeste for me or not?

Watching LPs tells me: it's NOT for you, but everyone says it's a must play.

I'm not good at hardcore platforming (see time it took me to beat Path of Pain)....should I stay away from Celeste?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think Celeste is harder, but it's also got accessibility options that you can turn on to make the game easier, at no penalty to you, if you find it too hard. You can turn on invincibility, infinite stamina, and slow down time independently of each other. If you think that'll make it more playable to you, go for it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It has a bunch of specific difficulty modifiers, so you'll definitely be able to get through it one way or another if you made it through PoP

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

People don't buy games off the Windows store even though they had sweet Xbox titles exclusively there!! (Keyword 'had'; they're all now on Steam...)

Only Sunset Overdrive and Recore, of the stuff MS had any involvement with IIRC. Gears, Forza etc are all still only on the Windows Store.

Hard to tell how well they do there because you get a PC copy when you buy the games on the 'bone too, though.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

tuo posted:

For someone who REALLY struggled with Path of Pain in Hollow Knight (I didn't count the hours, but I guess it was > 5 trying, and I didn't have much fun with it): is Celeste for me or not?

Watching LPs tells me: it's NOT for you, but everyone says it's a must play.

I'm not good at hardcore platforming (see time it took me to beat Path of Pain)....should I stay away from Celeste?

I didn't bother with Path of Pain, it seemed unfun and unnecessarily punishing. I still 100%ed Celeste, and Super Meatboy for that matter.

That's not to say it's easy, but at least it has constant checkpoints so if you die you'll respawn in the same spot to try again. And it has really tight controls (Hollow Knight is amazing, but it's no platformer).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Only Sunset Overdrive and Recore, of the stuff MS had any involvement with IIRC. Gears, Forza etc are all still only on the Windows Store.

Hard to tell how well they do there because you get a PC copy when you buy the games on the 'bone too, though.

Quantum Break's on Steam too. Pretty much any exclusive that wasn't Microsoft-made, owned, or Rare Replay, made the jump. And we pretty much named all of them between the two of us :v:.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quantum Break's on Steam too. Pretty much any exclusive that wasn't Microsoft-made, owned, or Rare Replay, made the jump. And we pretty much named all of them between the two of us :v:.

Right, yeah Quantum Break.. Rare Replay was never on PC at all, same with Master Chief Collection and Halo 5.

Stupidly, having MCC would have probably helped the WinStore out a bunch, but well..

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Right, yeah Quantum Break.. Rare Replay was never on PC at all, same with Master Chief Collection and Halo 5.

Stupidly, having MCC would have probably helped the WinStore out a bunch, but well..

It really would not have - the MCC's reputedly a buggy and broken mess that the developers adamantly refuse to admit fault about or fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wasn't it possible somehow to install MCC on XB1 "incorrectly?" Like you could break it? I remember reading about that at some point on here.