Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Heh, one of my threads that I made while drunk the other night actually got deleted on the SI forums.
It probably wasn't for being a light-hearted whine about players deciding, en masse, to ignore their player instructions and team tactics at random.
Suggesting that the admins were pissy little bitches for deleting the LLM forum and that the overall quality of posting on the forums has plummeted over the years probably did it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
Are there still any 3rd party scouting tools or is it just the official in-game editor now?

Messing about with an LLM club with top class facilities and vaguely interested to see what CA/PA the regens are being given.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I don't have FM19 but FMRTE always came through for me.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
Cheers, I'll have a look.

I think FM Scout was maybe the one I was thinking about initially.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VAR annoying and buggy for anyone else?

Just saw a goal disallowed because a player took a shot, it hit the post, and he was called for offside (after VAR) when he scored from the rebound.

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 1, 2019

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Walton Simons posted:

I don't have FM19 but FMRTE always came through for me.

SI came out with their paid official version because fmrte thought it was a smart idea to start charging people for theirs.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
FM Scout has the best interface last time I checked.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Masonity posted:

I've just had the most ridiculous regen ever appear...

He's insane. I need to get him in a mentoring group with some good guys urgently, but this kid is already good enough to sit on most benches. I'm going to have to play him from day 1 (regen day happens to be a match day, so literally!) and see if I can't get 20 seasons out of him.

So, my 6'7 monster of a striker is being a sulky baby, and after 4 years and 86 league goals I might have to let him go. I'll get a fair bit more than the £10 million i signed him for at least!

I have other options who can replace him, but it'll be sad to lose Feddy!

edit: He stopped being a baby and insisting we needed to strengthen the team or he'd leave.

That said, my uberregen has finally hit age. Tom Davidson is 21, and basically the best player in the world. He's been up there a while, but only playing him in half the games last season (I experimented with an A and B side, each playing half my games) he seems to have taken the final leap into, well, this.

He still has some maturing to do, and the game doesn't think he's quite filled his potential yet, but I'm pretty happy with the kid.

edit: For those wondering, his 1 negative in the summery is that he can only play in one position. I'll admit, I'm heartbroken that my 21 year old with over 100 premier league goals to his name isn't able to put in a shift in midfield.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 4, 2019

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I can't imagine the hype around an English 21 year old with 39 international goals. Only just turned 21 at that.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Walton Simons posted:

I can't imagine the hype around an English 21 year old with 39 international goals. Only just turned 21 at that.

He'd have even more, but Gareth Southgate kept playing Harry Kane ahead of him on reputation, while Tommy was outscoring and outplaying him. Given the way he was banging them in even super early in his career, he should have gone to Qatar as England's #9. Instead he stayed at home.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Masonity posted:

He'd have even more, but Gareth Southgate kept playing Harry Kane ahead of him on reputation, while Tommy was outscoring and outplaying him. Given the way he was banging them in even super early in his career, he should have gone to Qatar as England's #9. Instead he stayed at home.

Peak England

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

XBenedict posted:

Peak England

Peak England is to play the kids immediately because "they'll start for 15 years" though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That's been a problem in FM forever, I have strong memories of Spain refusing to play my beast of a Basque regen who was hitting a goal a game while leading Athletic to multiple La Ligas and the CL because they preferred a thirty-something Villa/Torres combo. In FM 2012 or something

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
some years ago there was a Russian regen striker who was prohibitively the best player in the world, scored 30+ goals in the prem in his age 19 and 20 seasons. His age 21 season was a world cup year. He didn't even make the WC squad, but they let him start on the U-21s. He scored like 15 goals in the Olympics.

edit - Russia went 0-3 in the group stage

bewbies fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 4, 2019

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

sassassin posted:

Peak England is to play the kids immediately because "they'll start for 15 years" though.

When they are first choice for the league (and possibly champions league?) champions, and top scorer in the league at 16, they should at least have a place on the bench!

I kinda regret not cheating myself in as England manager (by taking over as a new player then resigning, leaving the spot empty for my to apply for) so I could give him the first world cup he deserved.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
21 years old kid doesn't know how good he has it.

Deserves a good fracture or two imo. Teach him something about normal life.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Signed my 21 year old world class DM to a massive new 5 year contract to avoid him being a huge baby about Barcelona wanting to sign him

Three days later he suffers damaged cruciate ligaments in training, I should have known this was coming

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

sebzilla posted:

That's been a problem in FM forever, I have strong memories of Spain refusing to play my beast of a Basque regen who was hitting a goal a game while leading Athletic to multiple La Ligas and the CL because they preferred a thirty-something Villa/Torres combo. In FM 2012 or something

I love it when my players don't get called up for international duty, all they do is get jaded and injured anyway.

I'm finishing up the 2042-43 season in my current save and it's pretty interesting having not only all of the players but also most of the managers/coaches/staff be newgens.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
There's a bit of a throw in exploit, which leaves the players coming short for the throw completely unmarked - allowing them to run in to the box unopposed

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The same is mostly true of the guy standing outside the box at corners. So many goals conceded to that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I despise what this match engine has become. Full backs smashing crosses to the opposite winger with more accuracy than any simple 5 yard pass in midfield. Finishing nerfed to the point where everything goes straight at the keeper. Players unable to turn with the ball at their feet. Just garbage patterns of play with players not reacting to anything.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

I despise what this match engine has become. Full backs smashing crosses to the opposite winger with more accuracy than any simple 5 yard pass in midfield. Finishing nerfed to the point where everything goes straight at the keeper. Players unable to turn with the ball at their feet. Just garbage patterns of play with players not reacting to anything.
its bad op

I find it harder to make decisions based on what I see on the pitch now compared to previous versions. Someone misplaced a bunch of passes so I go to sub them off but welp, turns out they have the best rating of anyone on my team somehow

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jesus WEP posted:

its bad op

I find it harder to make decisions based on what I see on the pitch now compared to previous versions. Someone misplaced a bunch of passes so I go to sub them off but welp, turns out they have the best rating of anyone on my team somehow

The winter update makes it even worse if you can believe it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
SI needs to update their team talks.

https://twitter.com/tsf_podcast/status/1099756113493458944?s=21

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
if you want to distract yourselves from how bad the match engine is you can download the 03/04 database and remember when boro were really, really good.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

if you want to distract yourselves from how bad the match engine is you can download the 03/04 database and remember when boro were really, really good.

That sounds fun. Where is it? It'd be great to play as an Arsenal side that doesn't suck again!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

That was my first! Ah, Alessio Cerci, you were rad in that game :allears:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Masonity posted:

That sounds fun. Where is it? It'd be great to play as an Arsenal side that doesn't suck again!

it's on the steam workshop, you just hit subscribe and follow the instructions.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So I recently purchased FM 2019 mobile to play on my ipad, and I'm having a blast with RB Leipzig. Got them to second in the Bundisliga and EURO cup winners in my first season. Now all my good players want to leave for bigger clubs. I haven't really played since FM 09, there's no way to stop that is there? Any other fun teams to recommend a new game?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So I recently purchased FM 2019 mobile to play on my ipad, and I'm having a blast with RB Leipzig. Got them to second in the Bundisliga and EURO cup winners in my first season. Now all my good players want to leave for bigger clubs. I haven't really played since FM 09, there's no way to stop that is there? Any other fun teams to recommend a new game?

wolves are very cool and good in 19.

you can make it easier to stop the big clubs nicking all your good players by building up a good relationship with them and just waiting out them being angry once or twice.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I finally got them all to sign new deals for lots of money, and that shut them up. Timo Werner is a drat beast. Kid scored 50 goals my first campaign. He needed to stay. Here's 200k a week bud, hope you're happy.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Or you can just go ahead and sell your good players and replace them with younger/cheaper players who are just as good, or will be in 6 months with training/coaching at Leipzig's level

Really the only players I pay top dollar to keep are homegrown stars for CL registration purposes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Winter update is out.

Game still sucks.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

sassassin posted:

Winter update is out.

Game still sucks.

code:
19.3.0 Changelist 

- Fully updated Winter Transfer Database (19.3.0 Database)
- Stability Fixes
- Fixed rare issue where some promises would incorrectly complete or cancel immediately after being made
- Happiness changes regarding players wanting new contract too frequently
- Travelling tweaks with regards to training schedules
- Fixed cases of certain facilities or youth levels not upgrading correctly
- Toned down the extent to which players pick up traits from methods outside of mentoring
- Tweaks to AI injury numbers
- Tweaks to training ratings
- Fixed case of FFP failure being reported incorrectly
- Continue Game Timeout fixes
- Various UI fixes

- Various competition and rule group fixes including (but not limited to):
- French Ligue 1 prize money corrected 
- English FA Cup 5th round replays scrapped from first season (18/19) 
- Belgium Home grown issues addressed 
- VAR changes for European competitions
- U23 only rule applied to Dutch Jong teams
- Danish leagues' substitutes rule corrected to "7 subs named, maximum 3 used" 
- Can now play players registered for Portuguese senior teams in B Team 2nd tier games 
- Italian title and relegation decider games being played simultaneously 
- Italian Serie B expanded to 20 teams from 19/20 season 
- Licensed Northern Ireland PIL fixtures corrected 
- Greek National B Division Maximum foreign player rules corrected 

- Various Match Engine (version 1930) tweaks including (but not limited to):

- Fixed bug with keeper reach on some high shots 
- Improved keeper reactions to free kick and penalty shots 
- Fixed rare instances of keepers picking up back passes or not reacting to them
- Fixed keeper controlling ball then never moving to pick it up or kick it 
- Removed a restriction on striker and creative attackers offering out ball 
- Fixed incorrect offside example 
- Fixed couple of issues related to VAR 
- Adjusted attacking player marking when preventing GK distribution at goal kicks 
- Adjusted marking of players coming short for throw-ins 
- Fixed instances of central midfielders bunching close to ball 
- Made players cross slightly earlier when possible 
- Slight encouragement to pass ball forward more when optimal 
- Fixed issue where player marking edge of area at set piece doesn't always engage ball player who receives it outside area
- Fine-tuned shot and pass accuracy

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

sassassin posted:

Winter update is out.

Game still sucks.

I'm curious, which version was FM's peak in your estimation

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm curious, which version was FM's peak in your estimation

FM19 1st beta.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
It was 01 02

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Just had a goal against me disallowed for offside when the striker was through one on one, had his shot saved and slid in to poke home a rebound.

I'm not complaining.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

Just had a goal against me disallowed for offside when the striker was through one on one, had his shot saved and slid in to poke home a rebound.

I'm not complaining.
yeah i had this exact thing happen to me except it was my guy ruled offside :mad:

i can only assume var has broken their offside logic a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The AI is killing me with free shots from the edge of the box after throw ins.