Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Ringo Star Get posted:

So this gets released today? As in people will be playing?
Supposedly. Should be in 2 hours.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VainRockyDugongYouWHY
Ziplining. Still no wallrunning shown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ringo Star Get posted:

:iiam:

Should find out around 3pm EST...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Supposedly. Should be in 2 hours.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VainRockyDugongYouWHY
Ziplining. Still no wallrunning shown

No wallrunning yet, but the ziplining figure had a pilot's jetback... :sweatdrop:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulArtisticYakBabyRage
Grappling hook

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Game is saved :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wall running and I'm in.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

That looks like the Mozambique gun too!

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Bardeh posted:

https://www.playapex.com redirects to: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/project-apex which is a 404 at the moment but will presumably update at some point

This now redirects to the stream.

Someone at EA clearly reading this thread

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
No jetpack nor giant robot, is this even Titanfall ?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
even if titans don’t make it in to start, who is to say they won’t make it in later?

everyone is chasing that fortnite money, and they have special event modes with all sorts of ridiculous poo poo. let’s cross our fingers

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteCourteousJackalTheThing
extremely good kill move

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MRVN's ability being the grappling hook then. Gonna set lots of bots in this then I guess unless something comes up better than the movement offered by the hook.

*edit: I love that his frown turns happy when getting the five.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Captain Beans posted:

everyone is chasing that fortnite money, and they have special event modes with all sorts of ridiculous poo poo. let’s cross our fingers

This is the thing that makes me wonder how dipshit studio execs get their jobs. Game production literally cannot exist anymore in a timetable where you can make the next Minecraft or Fortnite without making a completely different game. Nothing ever unseated Minecraft. PUBG took DayZ to its logical conclusion, Fortnite did something almost completely different in the same genre and also made it F2P, bright and colorful, and extremely accessible to children. There will never be a BR game to compete with Fortnite, it is a forgone conclusion.

But that will never ever stop a clueless executive from going "Battle Royales are the new hotness, time to cash in." Just ask Cliffy B's idiot face.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'm going to doubt this very much.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I kinda assumed that we'd get to play this pretty much immediately, but maybe they want to wait until after Anthem fails.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I do not like the character design at all. :(

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

This is the thing that makes me wonder how dipshit studio execs get their jobs. Game production literally cannot exist anymore in a timetable where you can make the next Minecraft or Fortnite without making a completely different game. Nothing ever unseated Minecraft. PUBG took DayZ to its logical conclusion, Fortnite did something almost completely different in the same genre and also made it F2P, bright and colorful, and extremely accessible to children. There will never be a BR game to compete with Fortnite, it is a forgone conclusion.

But that will never ever stop a clueless executive from going "Battle Royales are the new hotness, time to cash in." Just ask Cliffy B's idiot face.

To be fair, CliffyB did try to do his own thing (revive the old school arena shooter) and it put his company out of business. The BR thing was a Hail Mary to try to bring in some revenue to keep the doors open.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

drat suddenly I want to play the campaign again, only did one playthrough on release

The last level where you’re getting thrown from ship to ship by BT is just so loving good. Now I want a BT tchotchke

(Paid) Single player DLC would have been welcomed

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
This dumb teaser stream seems like a weird choice if they really are just going to release the game later this afternoon. But hey, this is EA we're talking about.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Gunder posted:

I kinda assumed that we'd get to play this pretty much immediately, but maybe they want to wait until after Anthem fails.

Yeah because every game you don't like personally is going to fail :rolleyes: . Just like everyone calling this game a failure before they even knew if it was real or just a rumor.

I'm hoping it's playable today.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hcreight posted:

This dumb teaser stream seems like a weird choice if they really are just going to release the game later this afternoon. But hey, this is EA we're talking about.

Assuming the game had not leaked this would have been a pretty fun surprise / slow burn.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

SpazmasterX posted:

just lol if you believe the fairytale that capitalism is a meritocracy

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This is the first time I'm hyped in a long time (besides RE2make). MRVN's animations are giving me some hope on this.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

bear is driving! posted:

Yeah because every game you don't like personally is going to fail :rolleyes: . Just like everyone calling this game a failure before they even knew if it was real or just a rumor.

I'm hoping it's playable today.

I think Anthem will fail. I also don't like playing it. The two are distinct positions. I liked LawBreakers a lot but also thought it would fail. It did.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
drat...I'm on the hype-train for a game I know nothing about. :ohdear:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

drat...I'm on the hype-train for a game I know nothing about. :ohdear:

speculate wildly friend you got like 1.5 hrs to go

For people watching the stream - did they show any characters yet? Does it look titianfally? Or like Overwatch?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gunder posted:

I liked LawBreakers a lot but also thought it would fail. It did.

I was pretty lukewarm to decently interested in Lawbreakers but it had the most aggressively stupid advertising campaign and onboarding experience of any recent game release. "ARE YOU HARDCORE ENOUGH FOR THIS?!??!" screams the marketing, and then throw players into the deep end against vets who've been around since the alpha and are utterly whipping their rear end. So of course the answer for the vast majority of people is "no thank you"

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SpazmasterX posted:

Blackout is really cool and good and actually is a better performing game than pubg too. But it does have the weight of the entire cod franchise behind it basically which helps.

This will have to do a lot more interesting stuff to compete in a world where blackout, pubg and fortnite all exist.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I was pretty lukewarm to decently interested in Lawbreakers but it had the most aggressively stupid advertising campaign and onboarding experience of any recent game release. "ARE YOU HARDCORE ENOUGH FOR THIS?!??!" screams the marketing, and then throw players into the deep end against vets who've been around since the alpha and are utterly whipping their rear end. So of course the answer for the vast majority of people is "no thank you"

I think it also had a pretty tough time because it was a very fast game (for most characters) with an emphasis on movement techniques and abilities. Those sorts of games don't tend to do so well in todays world of slow shooters like PUBG and Call of Duty.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Captain Beans posted:

For people watching the stream - did they show any characters yet? Does it look titianfally? Or like Overwatch?

MRVN is definitely there, the weapons are recognizable, but the character design (haven't seen any of it confirmed) looks a bit more cartoonish; which would be expected from a F2P game.

The medic looks the silliest, but some of the other models from the stream look like colorful grunts from TF.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gunder posted:

I think it also had a pretty tough time because it was a very fast game (for most characters) with an emphasis on movement techniques and abilities. Those sorts of games don't tend to do so well in todays world of slow shooters like PUBG and Call of Duty.

Yeah it's funny because as someone who has played FPS games since Wolf3d I absolutely love games with movement techniques and that was one of the strongest things about Lawbreakers. Unfortunately when you were outside the zero-g areas it looked like a bad team shooter knockoff.

Ineffiable posted:

Blackout is really cool and good and actually is a better performing game than pubg too. But it does have the weight of the entire cod franchise behind it basically which helps.

This will have to do a lot more interesting stuff to compete in a world where blackout, pubg and fortnite all exist.

And Battlefield's upcoming Firestorm in March! EA has done it again and released a Titanfall against a Battlefield, cannibalizing their own playerbase.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 4, 2019

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

So far the most Titanfally bit has been a grappling hook killshot with a Mozambique, which bodes well IMO: https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulArtisticYakBabyRage

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/AstuteInexpensiveMomKlappa
cool big dude

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Looks like he's about to get ready for the big rugby match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muvx0P6G5Q

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

hmm good power, massive shield

https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicAttractiveGiraffeThisIsSparta

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

something happen

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
why the gently caress would you make this with no parkour, the literal best part of titanfall

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lemming posted:

why the gently caress would you make this with no parkour, the literal best part of titanfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Lemming posted:

The best part of Titanfall is the titans (so yeah, what the gently caress)