Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

Please post if you happen across any other physical-only-in-one-region shenanigans.
There's quire a few of these. r/NSCollectors maintains a spreadsheet of releases. Aside from Okami the other Japanese ones I can think of off the top of my heard are Bayonetta 1 (long, long sold out), Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 ("Rockman Classics"), Battle Princess Madelyn, Stardew Valley, and Odallus/Oniken.

I almost bought the Japanese Katamari Damacy REROLL ("Encore") since the NA GameStop exclusive sold out quickly in December--they apparently shipped a single copy to each store which were promptly gutted and sold--but Amazon Japan was also sold out and GameStop restocked it last week. Now I'm actually stuck with two NA copies, one sealed which I might try to offload for $40 to offset the shipping costs, or I'll just return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whoever asked about FFX-2 fanservice stuff, job swapping in battle has these goofy sailor moon-esque animations but you can disable those in the menu.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I know this question came up pretty recently but I can’t find it

anyone have any experience with those kits that put a dock into a smaller shell? Any specific brands that are good?

Love the idea of a more portable dock for travel, but as far as I know those kits are the only safe method still.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The West Germanic branch of the Indo-European family is cancelled

what did frisian do to deserve this

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Whoever asked about FFX-2 fanservice stuff, job swapping in battle has these goofy sailor moon-esque animations but you can disable those in the menu.

why would you ever do that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brother Entropy posted:

the big thing to know about x-2 in advance is that if you want to 100% it you will absolutely need a guide because there is some real goofy poo poo that you wouldn't think to do / wouldn't think counts towards percentage completion

and even if you don't want to 100% it you should still go check out different places and not just following the main path the whole time because the game is honestly a little short if you just stick to the main quest stuff

Also the 100% ending goes completely against the game's theme of letting go and moving on. I mean I get that it's literally the manifestation of will deciding that Yuna deserves a break after all the work she's done but come on

Also the music is horrible

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Raserys posted:

what did frisian do to deserve this

Palatalization of /k/

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Andrast posted:

Every second spent watching Paine turn into a Berserker is a second I'm not killing things with a Berserker.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://discord.gg/nnH4wXF

This is the nintengoons discord server I've also added to the OP

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m excited to play all the FFs on Switch. I started 7 and 10 back then but I never finished them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

YggiDee posted:

I think we all know what fan-service looks like and sailor moon isn't it. It was more about how risqué or not where the costumes, but if the massage scene is the worst of it, it's fine. There's far worse things out there.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's quire a few of these. r/NSCollectors maintains a spreadsheet of releases. Aside from Okami the other Japanese ones I can think of off the top of my heard are Bayonetta 1 (long, long sold out), Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 ("Rockman Classics"), Battle Princess Madelyn, Stardew Valley, and Odallus/Oniken.

I almost bought the Japanese Katamari Damacy REROLL ("Encore") since the NA GameStop exclusive sold out quickly in December--they apparently shipped a single copy to each store which were promptly gutted and sold--but Amazon Japan was also sold out and GameStop restocked it last week. Now I'm actually stuck with two NA copies, one sealed which I might try to offload for $40 to offset the shipping costs, or I'll just return.

Good to know, thanks!

I definitely managed to get Bayonetta 1 at only a moderately painful markup (it wasn't too long after release) and strangely enough Katamari Reroll was the first time in the last twelve or so trips to Gamestop where I bought a "new" game and they didn't "only have the display copy left".

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Anyone who hasn't played ff9 should do so. It's a great game with compelling characters. It's really something special.

I do what I want! You have problem?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should make a ffx-3

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Based on 13-1-9 and 15, they have no idea what makes a good FF anymore anyway.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
FF really went downhill after

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

They shouldn't make any new FF games anymore. Just keep porting the old ones to switch, thanks.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should make a ffx-3

wasnt there some ffX-3 radio play or something?

edit; https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X_-Will-
there was also a ffX roguelike! https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2:_Last_Mission

Kly fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 5, 2019

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

They shouldn't make any new FF games anymore. Just keep porting the old ones to switch, thanks.

I'm perfectly ok with this. Port 14 please!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The only Final Fantasy I ever beat was Tactics Advance.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

eonwe posted:

I don't find it to be particularly fan servicey. I mean it is, but its not anything worse than most other games. Its certainly not Bayonetta or Quiet levels of fanservice.

yeah the bar for skeevy fanservice is so much lower now than it was back in 2003 lol. the actual grossest part of x-2 is rikku's older brother constantly talking about how horny he is for yuna, his cousin

Andrast posted:

it bogs down what is otherwise a pretty snappy battle system

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Huxley posted:

I hope the FF9 is the remaster version with the QOL stuff. It's the one game in the series I always feel guilty about not finishing because I honestly kept falling asleep during loading screens.

Not to say it's the only game I never finished, just the only one I feel guilty about not finishing.

it 100% is because that was done on unity exactly to make cross-ports like this easy

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

If it means getting Viva Pinata on the perfect console, then I'm all for it.

This is from pages ago, but I love you and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously, gimmie Viva Pinata on switch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

^burtle posted:

Based on 13-1-9 and 15, they have no idea what makes a good FF anymore anyway.

15 is good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tbh the only bad FFs out of all the ones I played are 2 and the DS port of 3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tbh the only bad FFs out of all the ones I played are 2 and the DS port of 3.

Yeah, this has been my experience as well. 2 is just a shoddy prototype for what SaGa would properly refine and 3 felt like a slog. Every other one I've played has had some really high points.

FF14 is still the best modern FF though IMO. Five years running, baby!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kithyen posted:

In defense, the 360 controllers are the most durable things made by man. I still use mine for all PC gaming, minus using a PS4 controller for emulation purposes due to it's D-pad.

What the hell, 360 controllers are notorious for developing drifting analogue sticks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is Mario maker 2 ever coming. That's the only reason I don't get rid of my wii u. I'm tired of multiple consoles dang it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is Mario maker 2 ever coming.

no

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nintendo saw the video about how to make an unbeatable level and shut it all down.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

And we never even got slopes

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Gyromite Maker certainly has a better ring to it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Your Computer posted:

FF really went downhill after

the first one was greenlit

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is Mario maker 2 ever coming. That's the only reason I don't get rid of my wii u. I'm tired of multiple consoles dang it

Seems likely to me. Game sold a lot, even on Wii U, so they know people like the concept.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

What the hell, 360 controllers are notorious for developing drifting analogue sticks.

I guess I’m lucky then. My 360 controller has been going strong for like seven years while my Xbone controller started drifting after five months.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I thought Gyromite already had a level maker... well at least that's what I can remember seeing as I haven't played it since I was 8.

Also FF3 (not 6) and FF5 were the best Final Fantasies fight me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirBukkake posted:

Sure but I get to attack twice and go first

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can appreciate FFIII for making FFV possible, which in turn made the best Final Fantasy, Bravely Default, possible

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I always wondering if he was either some next-level troll, or just really that dumb. I wanna go with troll, but I think I know the answer. Navigatr and Retsupurae are a wonderful combination.

The original thing was a public access TV show called "Flights of Fantasy" by a guy named George Wood. They were actually made and aired contemporary with the release of the games they were covering with, they weren't made later as some weird sort of period piece. At some point the media company Navigatr bought the rights to the recordings of the show and rebadged it as "Gaming in the Clinton Years" because presumably they thought there was value to be had other than cringe.

Anyway, because it was a public access TV show I'm going to bet that it's 100% serious and George Wood thought he was a genius for that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SirBukkake posted:

I thought Gyromite already had a level maker... well at least that's what I can remember seeing as I haven't played it since I was 8.

saying ff5 is the best is an antarctic take