Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Henry Cavill as Namor.

Henry Cavill's mustache as Willie Lumpkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Henry Cavill needs a role where he can reload his arms

Hercules?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Samuringa posted:

Hercules?

It's Bushwacker's time to shine.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Old Megaman

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Beachcomber posted:

Old Megaman

The one with the gun for an arm or the box-art-from-the-first-game, middle aged guy in a jumpsuit, holding a gun?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

Hercules?

Should have played Cyborg instead of Superman.

I always forget his name but there was a period where Guy Gardner was like a living shapeshifting weapon guy, so he could turn his arms into different guns.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Phylodox posted:

Henry Cavill as Namor.

Henry Cavill's mustache as Willie Lumpkin.

For some reason I can always image Will Arnett for the role.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lobok posted:

Should have played Cyborg instead of Superman.

I always forget his name but there was a period where Guy Gardner was like a living shapeshifting weapon guy, so he could turn his arms into different guns.

Guy Gardner: Warrior! He had Vuldarian DNA and lots of body paint.

On that note, Dean Winters should play Guy Gardner.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Are there any African-American Jewish actors of note? If they were gonna go that route with Ben he’d need to be both.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Are there any African-American Jewish actors of note? If they were gonna go that route with Ben he’d need to be both.

Khleo Thomas and Drake (who is Canadian but still)

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

In the MCU half the black folks play painted up aliens so if the Fantastic Four were to have a black actor it'd be the Silver Surfer. I nominate Andre Braugher.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If Reed is black you need to keep Sue Storm as a blonde haired blue eyed white woman to maximize chud outrage

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heathen posted:

In the MCU half the black folks play painted up aliens so if the Fantastic Four were to have a black actor it'd be the Silver Surfer. I nominate Andre Braugher.

Braugher would be wasted on Silver Surfer. If he's going to be a herald he's gotta be Velvet Thunder.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

If Reed is black you need to keep Sue Storm as a blonde haired blue eyed white woman to maximize chud outrage

Honestly Reed's privilege and ego is white as hell and I can't imagine the character without it.

Just cast Antonia Thomas and Nathan Stewart Jarret as Sue and Johnny and be done with it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I feel like an old Reed that looks like he used to be fun but now he just looks serious and tired would work best, which is why I think it's time we hauled Jon Stewart out of retirement.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas March posted:

Honestly Reed's privilege and ego is white as hell and I can't imagine the character without it.

Neil Degrasse Tyson

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I've been thinking more and more about Oscar Isaac as Reed and I'm convinced it is a very good idea and you will not tell me otherwise.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

If the answer was no, the question is the reason

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My only problem with Doom being Roma is that they did it to explain why he's magic, which is a pretty gross stereotype.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Heathen posted:

My guess is Andre Braugher has had enough of Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer. Once was enough.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

My only problem with Doom being Roma is that they did it to explain why he's magic, which is a pretty gross stereotype.

That's only one part of him. Doom can do everything.

Except get over Richards. RIIIIIIIICHARDS! :doom:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

In an interview with Lauren Shuler Donner, one of the main X-Men (Fox) film producers, she seems to at least hint that there is a possibility that Disney has discussed scrapping the theatrical release for New Mutants-

quote:

As of right now, Donner says, "I’m being told" that the long-delayed New Mutants movie will still receive a theatrical release, but she can't definitively speak to the film's fate. "I took a step back, so that was under Simon [Kinberg]’s purview. I hope so, they worked on it hard, I do like the idea. We started off as more of a teen movie and the decision came to make it more of a horror film, I think it’s a good idea. I wanna see it be released. I’m hopeful that it will, I’d hate to see it thrown to Hulu."

She also says that she hopes that the Gambit movie and a now recently rumored Kitty Pryde project will be taken up by Disney but she is not really in the loop on that and I can't imagine Disney is interested.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/05/gambit-x-force-and-kitty-pryde-movie-marvel-disney-fox-wolverine?abthid=5c58edb63b9de7527d001010

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kitty focused movie would be a good intro to the X-men for Marvel, but i doubt they'd use anything from the Fox development.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Heathen posted:

Laurence Fishburne has already played the Silver Surfer, kinda.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Nodosaur posted:

The guy that plays Jimmy Olsen on Supergirl is Jewish.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Make him blue and say he's the Colloidal Silver Surfer

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Make him blue and say he's the Colloidal Silver Smurfer

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Jamesman posted:

I've been thinking more and more about Oscar Isaac as Reed and I'm convinced it is a very good idea and you will not tell me otherwise.

Well it's like perfect casting, and he's Guatemalan/Cuban so we'll finally have some Latino representation in Marvel (I love Luis but he's not a superhero he's an ex-con and will be the token until there are more Latino/Hispanic characters)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Well it's like perfect casting, and he's Guatemalan/Cuban so we'll finally have some Latino representation in Marvel (I love Luis but he's not a superhero he's an ex-con and will be the token until there are more Latino/Hispanic characters)

Isn't Falcon's actor Latino? I thought he turned out in interviews to be Hispanic rather than black.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's possible to be both, though I can't find anything to corroborate Anthony Mackie having Hispanic heritage.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I guess it also came out today that Taika Waititi is not directing Guardians 3.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
So much for Asguardians of the Galaxy

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

The amazingly talented rapper-singer-actor-writer Daveed Diggs, who ought to play some superhero eventually.

Also Jussie Smollett, who is black, Jewish, and gay, and also a hell of a talent (and survived a hate crime assault recently). His sister Jurnee is already cast as Black Canary in Birds of Prey.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

In an interview with Lauren Shuler Donner, one of the main X-Men (Fox) film producers, she seems to at least hint that there is a possibility that Disney has discussed scrapping the theatrical release for New Mutants-

She also says that she hopes that the Gambit movie and a now recently rumored Kitty Pryde project will be taken up by Disney but she is not really in the loop on that and I can't imagine Disney is interested.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/05/gambit-x-force-and-kitty-pryde-movie-marvel-disney-fox-wolverine?abthid=5c58edb63b9de7527d001010

It wouldn’t surprise me to see New Mutants shuffled off to Netflix or Disney+.

I also hope Disney celebrates the first day of the merger by finally and mercifully killing the Gambit film.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Marvel could do an amazing New Mutants film. There's rumors of a Young Avengers movie, which is something they should do, something that skews a little younger wouldn't hurt. Also that movie would be gay as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If it was based on volume 2 it might be the gayest movie ever and in absolutely the best way.

"WHY IS KID THOR KISSING KID HULK WHY IS CAPTAIN AMERICA A LATINA LESBIAN WJY IS HAWKEYE A GIRL AAAAFGGHHH"

- some Chud

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wouldn't hold my breath for teen gay kisses in a movie meant to have the broadest international appeal possible.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
How well did Love, Simon do in China

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The CW shows are gay as hell. Like, gayer tha hell. Even Satan couldn't be that gay if he fuckin tried.

And the shows are better for it. Marvel might decide they want some of that hot hot tumblr action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Gay Tumblr is gone, Rhyno. It's White Supremacist central now.