Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Manoueverable posted:

Between them and Alabama, if this is gonna keep happening it's really gonna be hard for me to keep caring about football

Just, someone, please spare us from this never-ending bullshit once and for all

It seems the only NFC West team capable of beating the Patriots in recent history is...the Kaepernick lead 49ers. We're doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kevin kolb whooped their rear end when the pats were favored by vegas by 2 tds

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Coldforge posted:

It seems the only NFC West team capable of beating the Patriots in recent history is...the Kaepernick lead 49ers. We're doomed.

The Seahawks beat them in 2016.

I just saw someone on Facebook hoping for a rematch of this Super Bowl next year. I feel like that would be conclusive proof that we are all in hell.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

Cory Littleton was good though. If the Rams had somehow managed to win, he'd have deserved the MVP.

Inspector 34 posted:

If the Rams had managed to win Hekker should have gotten the MVP.

Looking back on the game, if Brandin Cooks catches either of his catch attempts in the end zone, and if the Rams would have ended up winning, he'd be the MVP. He would have finished with something close to 140+ yards receiving; more if he caught both of them.

However, shoulda, coulda, woulda. :sigh: :bang:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Looking back on the game, if Brandin Cooks catches either of his catch attempts in the end zone, and if the Rams would have ended up winning, he'd be the MVP. He would have finished with something close to 140+ yards receiving; more if he caught both of them.

If the Rams were not poop from a butt than they might not have left lovely brown stains all over the field.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

If the Rams were not poop from a butt than they might not have left lovely brown stains all over the field.

The Rams D was not poop from the butt until the last series, and that's because they were drained. Other than that, you are correct, sir.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
NFC West 2.0: Shanahan, Kingsbury... Schottenheimer...McVay

Zagazunt
Mar 4, 2018
Boy am I laffin that the Seahawks with Bevel scored higher than the Rams with McVay in their respective Owls.

Then the Schotty reality runs it up the middle :(

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I would be very nervous as a Rams fan because Goff looked like a rookie the last half of the year until he achieved his final form of Mark Sanchez in the Superbowl.

He made a lot of clearly bad decisions last night.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Manoueverable posted:

Between them and Alabama, if this is gonna keep happening it's really gonna be hard for me to keep caring about football

Just, someone, please spare us from this never-ending bullshit once and for all

So fun fact: Bama and the Pats have been alternating championships in recent years.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Its Rinaldo posted:

At the end of the day I just want the next season to start and forget this Super Bowl ever happened.

:emptyquote:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Goff should have either thrown that pass to the back of the end zone sooner or led him away from the defensive back beside him, that one was on Goff. The 2nd pass though, you need to make that catch in the Super Bowl.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
3rd and long time for a power iso right up the gut

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

3rd and long time for a power iso right up the gut

Lol at least take the loving 15 yard cushion the Pats are giving you. That was 3rd and 22 right?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/NBCS49ers/status/1092887558357278720

Trent Taylor is going to the HoF.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Still with the Molly eyes, I see.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I wonder if Wes Welker knows.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

interesting he didn't go to arizona

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If the niners have another sub .500 season how many more seaons does shanny have>?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

EmbryoSteve posted:

If the niners have another sub .500 season how many more seaons does shanny have>?

like 2 or 3 years if he turns into an actual bad head coach right this second.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

EmbryoSteve posted:

Shanny should have a forever contract for making the offense functional while starting Nick Mullens and Jeff Wilson at the end of the season.

He's 6-2 with an NFL-caliber QB at the helm. He's fine, and good, unless you ask Grant Cohn.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
So do the Rams regress at all next year, and if so how badly? Asking for some friends and, uh, I guess another group who's just kinda there too

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Manoueverable posted:

So do the Rams regress at all next year, and if so how badly? Asking for some friends and, uh, I guess another group who's just kinda there too

Worse than the Falcons after 28-3.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd say the rams go 10-6 and don't make it to the nfc championship game

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Tip: Never ask Grant Cohn.

Rams deserve to completely fall apart after that SB, and going all in on contracts this year. gently caress em.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I thought they were good on cap room, just low on draft picks. The next year they're hosed

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Manoueverable posted:

Rams have several starters that are set to hit free agency, including Suh and Anderson. On top of that, they have a huge decision to make with Gurley whether to keep him on at his giant $45 mil contract lost or cut their losses and hold onto Anderson. Goff played shook all game just like he did against both the Bears and the Eagles in prime time last season. McVeigh's offensive scheme wasn't just disrupted, it was exposed on a national scale. There's no question that the Rams are vulnerable, and that the NFC West is up for the taking next season. The question is, who dares? :hawksin:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Rams aren’t cutting Gurley and Suh was always a rental and probably wasn’t worth the money he made this year. They’ll be fine next year. Maybe a little worse but probably still good enough to win the division.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think the seahawks go 8-8

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah the Rams should be good next year. And really McVays scheme wasn’t exposed, it’s just the interior of the OL got shreked by Bill.

Honestly they might be better next year if they play FA right.

E; mobile posting but they should cut Gurley assuming there’s not a huge dead money hit. Then draft a RB in the fifth who is 80% as good and use the extra money in FA

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah the Rams should be good next year. And really McVays scheme wasn’t exposed, it’s just the interior of the OL got shreked by Bill.

Honestly they might be better next year if they play FA right.

E; mobile posting but they should cut Gurley assuming there’s not a huge dead money hit. Then draft a RB in the fifth who is 80% as good and use the extra money in FA

If he’s cut pre-June 1 his dead money is 7million more than his cap hit. They can cut him post June 1 but it only saves them 4mil and they may want to use their early post-June 1 cut in someone else anyway.

But really they had someone 80% as good in Anderson and the offense looked a good bit worse. He’s a really versatile player, at least when healthy, and that seems to be a lot of what makes the Rams offense work. I’m not sure his specific skill set is easily replaceable.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gurley got too much of a signing bonus to cut

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if he's a post-june cut then that turns into 12MM in dead money in a year where donald is a 25MM cap hit and goff needs a new contract

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cj anderson might be 80% of gurley but the 20% missing is catching the ball. if you're picking up a JAG to replace him you want someone like andre ellington if you're going to plug him into the offense

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

hifi posted:

i think the seahawks go 8-8

Maybe it'll be another one of those magical seasons where if any team manages to go 8-8, they'll win the division.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
any day now the run will be established

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

any day now the run will be established

Really excited for it OP, just imagine the open looks on play action

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Worse than the Falcons after 28-3.

We actually fought through the hangover to win a playoff game in LA and a Keanu Neal knee from beating the Eagles!

But the reason I popped in here was I saw the Cardinals signed Robert Alford and that makes me happy. Wish him the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

weird Asian candy posted:

We actually fought through the hangover to win a playoff game in LA and a Keanu Neal knee from beating the Eagles!

But the reason I popped in here was I saw the Cardinals signed Robert Alford and that makes me happy. Wish him the best.

If you wished him the best you would wish he isn't on the Cardinals