Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
So was it DC who was doing that then? Who were some of the people who jumped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

God, I wouldn't have remotely blamed him for taking the offer given how much they jerked him around on that F4 run, but that's cool of him.

E: It would have had to have been DC. As far as I'm aware, only Marvel, DC, and maybe Dark Horse would have been offering exclusives, and there's no way in hell Dark Horse was offering anything competitive with Marvel.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Meanwhile Miller's Canadian girlfriend that you've never met said this was actually okay

https://twitter.com/AbacusMike/status/1092613738731958272

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

Meanwhile Miller's Canadian girlfriend that you've never met said this was actually okay

Love the way this is framed. Not as "I spoke to a good friend of Mike's" but as "What if i told you I did that?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

hadji murad posted:

So was it DC who was doing that then?

Endless Mike posted:

God, I wouldn't have remotely blamed him for taking the offer given how much they jerked him around on that F4 run, but that's cool of him.

E: It would have had to have been DC. As far as I'm aware, only Marvel, DC, and maybe Dark Horse would have been offering exclusives, and there's no way in hell Dark Horse was offering anything competitive with Marvel.

Probably CrossGen

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Principal Hellmann posted:

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1092212086350987271

It's feels pretty good that none of these guys will ever set foot within a mainstream comics office ever again...

I don't know why Miller bothered burning it. He already destroyed it when he scribbled over it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Miller told me he ‘won the internet’ when I criticized his truth telling ability.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Against all common sense EVS did indeed go on the same show Renfamous was on and... well... no prizes for the guessing the outcome.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1092634988250583045

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

site posted:

this guy is a truly evil little prick

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He needs to be deplatformed.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So it turns out the Bad Mike just burnt a copy of his ripoff Wieringo cover to trigger people.

Oh no. What a surprise.

Have they established whether or not it he drew on the original art or traced it? It's still unclear.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it turns out the Bad Mike just burnt a copy of his ripoff Wieringo cover to trigger people.

Oh no. What a surprise.

Have they established whether or not it he drew on the original art or traced it? It's still unclear.
The video someone posted looked like he was lightboxing it.

E: https://twitter.com/ObscureAaron/status/1092130741956169733

E2: On the other hand, you can see some of Ringo's lines on the final piece, so ugh.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What the hell is with these shitters and Wieringo in particular? They seem really keen on acting like he's one of theirs somehow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Midnight Voyager posted:

What the hell is with these shitters and Wieringo in particular? They seem really keen on acting like he's one of theirs somehow.

I haven't seen that, can you link something specific?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

He's dead so he can't say otherwise.

Same reason they tried to claim Kirby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just haven't seen them actually try to claim him.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, you know what, I misremembered: It was Darwyn Cooke they tried to claim last. Wrong beloved and deceased comics book artist with a widow still around on Twitter and eager to denounce their bullshit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kirby would have smacked the poo poo out of every single one of them.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Retro Futurist posted:

Kirby would have smacked the poo poo out of every single one of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That takes me back to a customer who was unaware that Captain America was created by jewish men.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

That takes me back to a customer who was unaware that Captain America was created by jewish men.

About 80% of all their beloved characters were created by Jewish men.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They have to claim dead people because living people won't put up with it. My favorite was Larry Hama. They thought that the child of parents who went to the Japanese internment camps and was a Vietnam veteran would be all aboard. I would almost assume he made the new Snake Eyes a young Latina just to spite them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Madkal posted:

About 80% of all their beloved characters were created by Jewish men.

Sounds like an illuminati conspiracy to me

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ever notice how Superman looks, you know, (((European)))?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Dawgstar posted:

They have to claim dead people because living people won't put up with it. My favorite was Larry Hama. They thought that the child of parents who went to the Japanese internment camps and was a Vietnam veteran would be all aboard. I would almost assume he made the new Snake Eyes a young Latina just to spite them.

He's also the one who created the most diversity focused Ninja team possible. In the 80s. One guy was even in a wheelchair. If you did that today those guys couldn't scream SJW fast enough.

Also this made me think of this thread and chuckle:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-the-black-series-resistance-tech-rose-6inch-action-figure-case-of-12/hsc3735doz

Can't keep Rose down.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

joehonkie posted:

He's also the one who created the most diversity focused Ninja team possible. In the 80s. One guy was even in a wheelchair. If you did that today those guys couldn't scream SJW fast enough.

Also this made me think of this thread and chuckle:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-the-black-series-resistance-tech-rose-6inch-action-figure-case-of-12/hsc3735doz

Can't keep Rose down.
"Dammit, they're out of stock. Those Roses were so cheap I could have bought enough to spend several days destroying them. That'd show the SJWs."

I thought based on the past tense used here & above that maybe Larry Hama had died. Glad that he hasn't, and as a bonus when I went to Wikipedia to check I came across this gem: "Hama said in August 2009 that he had never watched an entire episode of any of the various G.I. Joe cartoon series.[17]"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mike Miller can't stop won't stop.

https://twitter.com/TrashFilmGuru/status/1092830291511730176

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does he just have a dartboard with names of dead creators he uses to choose his latest appropriation

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dawgstar posted:

I would almost assume he made the new Snake Eyes a young Latina just to spite them.

If he did would find it dumb and petty.
I would love him forever for doing it.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Why, exactly, is Renfamous such a hate-focus for these chuds? Isn't she literally just a nerdy cosplayer chick who happens to be witty and opinionated?

. . .Hm. I just answered my own question, didn't I?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Polaron posted:

Why, exactly, is Renfamous such a hate-focus for these chuds? Isn't she literally just a nerdy cosplayer chick who happens to be witty and opinionated?

. . .Hm. I just answered my own question, didn't I?

Pretty much. Essentially she just steps to them, gets right in their faces, doesn't back down and laughs off even being doxxed. They've tried very little and nothing worked and it's infuriating to them. "We've called her fat AND ugly and she doesn't care! Her defenses are perfect!"

SJW Spider-Man is similar, although in that case what really gets up CG's left nostril is they're anonymous and CG can't pull their standard grab bag of awful tricks. It's like arguing with an RP account.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also Renfamous is trans I believe, so there's a healthy dose of transphobia mixed in with the misogyny.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ren also has made being anti-cgate Her Brand and is someone big cis white creators pay attention to so like it's a competition for the chuds to be the one who takes her down but ya know they're dumb gently caress Nazis so it doesn't ever occur to them that it's never gonna happen

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now the chuds are convinced she's a paid PR shill for... somebody and I pulled something trying to figure out the logic.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Skwirl posted:

Also Renfamous is trans I believe, so there's a healthy dose of transphobia mixed in with the misogyny.

I thought this too and I’m not sure why, maybe just because she’s just very pro trans and gets an inordinate amount of poo poo for no reason. but she’s mentioned a few times in other tweets that she is a straight married ciswoman.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dawgstar posted:

Now the chuds are convinced she's a paid PR shill for... somebody and I pulled something trying to figure out the logic.

Five years from now we're going to find out that she pulled a Horse_ebooks and was part of a viral marketing campaign for a series of videos about the UK housing crisis all along.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ror posted:

I thought this too and I’m not sure why, maybe just because she’s just very pro trans and gets an inordinate amount of poo poo for no reason. but she’s mentioned a few times in other tweets that she is a straight married ciswoman.

I probably just saw some hate thrown at her that misgendered her and assumed.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
they pretend she's trans just so they can trash her even more.

comicsgate is full of lovely dickbags.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It is not my impression that Ren is trans, but that CG'ers call her that because they cannot quite grasp that not all women look like supermodels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oasx posted:

It is not my impression that Ren is trans, but that CG'ers call her that because they cannot quite grasp that not all women look like supermodels.

Plus there's no way that simple-minded :females: could dunk on CG men the way she does.