Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah I'd rewatch any of those films any time and this is still gonna be fun listens.

Knowing is the secret success Next wanted to be, fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Know1ng's ending is one of the most satisfying movie endings in recent memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j8nuUVByrU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Well, since someone went there: yeah that finale loving owns. They build to it the whole film and never pull the football away.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Team America is "What if puppets but with sex and violence?" and yet it manages to be 100% funnier than this piece of poo poo

Meet the Feebles did it first. It's debatable which one had the better soundtrack though. It's also debatable which one aged worse (jesus that mass shooting scene is cringey as gently caress now)

DC Murderverse posted:

this is an incredibly dumb post. i want you (and anyone else who wants to marvel at how dumb this post is) to read the list on this Wiki article of all of the movies featured on the Black List at some point that got made and note how many good movies there are.

literally the very first year of the Black List featured:

Hot Rod

movie owns

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

That figures, this is the second year in a row where after normally paying attention to this sort of thing, I got really busy in January and completely slept on actually getting in to Listener Submissions. At least I can rest easy knowing I'm not the only one gunning for Robot Jox.

BlameSpacePod posted:

A reason we moved mailbags to YouTube is that very few people every downloaded those episodes as audio. Same thing with the On Screen episodes. We receive like maybe a 10th of the download numbers a main episode does. The drop off is like a cliff. So we thought only die hard fans listen to the mailbags

I'm actually kind of baffled by hearing this, but admittedly I'm the sort of person who listens to so many podcasts that the thought of actively going through and downloading episodes individually sounds like a hassle and waste of time compared to just having a feed automatically grab everything for me. Not only that, but if I'm listening to a podcast at all, then it's probably because I like the hosts enough that I'd be entertained hearing them talk about almost anything, including fun personal anecdotes. I can't imagine someone liking WHM but not being amazed to hear about the time Steve killed Spiderman, or the singing in the toilet story.

GoutPatrol posted:

I still listen to podcasts on my iPod Classic...

A few months ago, ironically while listening to a WHM mailbag in fact, someone commented on my iPod shuffle clip being real old school. After a moment of brief reflection on when I even got the thing, that was when I truly realized that I was now a million years old.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Know1ng's ending is one of the most satisfying movie endings in recent memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j8nuUVByrU

It's no Melancholia, but it's still pretty good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What the gently caress is Brian Henson’s problem

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m so drat excited they’re doing Wicker Man at the NYC show

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Midnight Raider posted:

I'm actually kind of baffled by hearing this, but admittedly I'm the sort of person who listens to so many podcasts that the thought of actively going through and downloading episodes individually sounds like a hassle and waste of time compared to just having a feed automatically grab everything for me. Not only that, but if I'm listening to a podcast at all, then it's probably because I like the hosts enough that I'd be entertained hearing them talk about almost anything, including fun personal anecdotes. I can't imagine someone liking WHM but not being amazed to hear about the time Steve killed Spiderman, or the singing in the toilet story.

You're not podcasting right if you don't have at least one in your regular rotation where you are wishing one of the hosts would shut the gently caress up at least once an episode. WHM is definitely not one of those, mine is Opening Arguments where Thomas is far too dumb and interrupty. Shut up and let the law guy explain the law guy stuff.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Calaveron posted:

What the gently caress is Brian Henson’s problem

Maybe you should try walking a mile in his puppet loving shoes a bit before you are so quick to judge. (He definitely hosed a puppet)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tato posted:

Maybe you should try walking a mile in his puppet loving shoes a bit before you are so quick to judge. (He definitely hosed a puppet)

Puppets!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Late on this but I enjoyed Steve trying to make the Spain bit of Life Itself to be wildly anachronistic and literally no one else following him on that road

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
February schedule:
Episode 403 — Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Episode 404 — Bad Boys (PATREON ONLY)
Episode 405 — What Women Want
Episode 406 — Valentine (2001)
Episode 407 — The Island (2005)

Patreon Episodes:
Animation Damnation — Darkwing Duck: "Twin Beaks" (s1, e8)
The Nexus — TOS: "The Alternative Factor" (s1, e27) & TNG: "Where Silence Has Lease" (s2, e2)
Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Doctor Evazan and Ponda Baba

Very excited for Evazan and good ole Ponda Baba

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tato posted:

Patreon Episodes:
Animation Damnation — Darkwing Duck: "Twin Beaks" (s1, e8)

I'm excited for them to poo poo on Darkwing Duck. For some reason that was a cartoon that 10 year old me really hated. I liked the pilot, but then thought the rest of it sucked as if I aged out of the demographic in under a week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Anything to give them an excuse to do duck voices.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

Anything to give them an excuse to do duck voices.

Another Nick Nolte movie? Sign me up!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Is What Women Want their first Mel Gibson movie?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
They did Lethal Weapon 4 but I think that’s it.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I'm definitely crossing my fingers for the duck voices, both because their characterization of the triplets as lovely trust fund kids is amazing, but also because I realized their voices for them sometimes veer into sounding like Teen Girl Squad.

Meanwhile I'm excited to see What Women Want on there, since WHM is always great when doing romantic comedies. Although to be honest, I remember so little of the movie that I can't remember if it's anywhere near as hilariously sociopathy-laden as other romcoms they've done.

Tato posted:

Very excited for Evazan and good ole Ponda Baba

The Star Wars book podcast Expounded Universe reminded me that Dr. Evazan's story is kind of hilariously dumb even for Star Wars standards, I'm looking forward to this.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Midnight Raider posted:

Meanwhile I'm excited to see What Women Want on there, since WHM is always great when doing romantic comedies. Although to be honest, I remember so little of the movie that I can't remember if it's anywhere near as hilariously sociopathy-laden as other romcoms they've done.

It's much, much worse.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this new movie What Men Want coming out this week in any way connected to What Women Want beyond just being a gender-flipped version of the original's concept? Like is Mel Gibson producing this or anything?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Taraji P Henson is going to walk past Mel Gibson and read his mind and the movie will take a hard left turn into horror.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

"I never knew there were so many slurs for Jews"

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Andrew is streaming right now

https://youtu.be/dBdhaGfokNs

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I love these guys but I don't get their condemnation of Dave Chappelle when at least one of them is a big Bill Burr fan.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

The hardest I've laughed all night was "Would you do Salo for a Side Order of Sleaze? I dunno, maybe."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Holy crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRtV55iTPq0

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Feels kind of like cheating for Joel to do WHM when his head writer hosts The Flop House.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

General Dog posted:

Feels kind of like cheating for Joel to do WHM when his head writer hosts The Flop House.

The Flop House is terrible though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

General Dog posted:

Pretty sure this interview is 5+ years old.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wonder if the guys would do Birth of a Nation? I don't think it's on their forbidden list. Want to hear the guys' DW Griffith impression.

Violator
May 15, 2003

General Dog posted:

Wonder if the guys would do Birth of a Nation? I don't think it's on their forbidden list. Want to hear the guys' DW Griffith impression.

General, your wife says 'inappropriate circumstances.'

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was the episode that had the dominos pizza insurance bit

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Calaveron posted:

What was the episode that had the dominos pizza insurance bit

Traces of Red.

I ran, Mr. Dominoes. And it was so cold, but the pizza was so warm...

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Sorry for double postin but the gang are drawing the listener request month winners now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GSaeTohbRI

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

The Prince of Persia
Vibes (1988)

and then the feed crapped out as soon as Eric was drawing

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Marin Karin posted:

Sorry for double postin but the gang are drawing the listener request month winners now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GSaeTohbRI

Jody

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

clown shoes posted:

The Prince of Persia
Vibes (1988)

and then the feed crapped out as soon as Eric was drawing

Battlefield Earth
Chill Factor

Patreon: Lara Croft Tomb Raider

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Nexus is Distant Voices (DS9)/Genesis (TNG). AD will be an episode of Stripperella (does it really matter which one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

My friend called in Chill Factor. He's so excited. I can't wait to hear his awkward voicemail.