Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Your Computer posted:

I can appreciate FFIII for making FFV possible, which in turn made the best Final Fantasy, Bravely Default, possible

i like the job system but the content of that game was insufferable to me. I think i quit when I found the guy who was wearing cologne to seduce women to kill and make more cologne out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bravely Defaults story was really dire

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Kris xK posted:

This is from pages ago, but I love you and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously, gimmie Viva Pinata on switch.

I would love to know how Rare convinced MS to put it on the DS.

To this day, that one port gives me hope.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bravely Defaults story was really dire

It was actually pretty good until you started jumping between universes, and then I just wanted it to end and stop playing forever.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bravely had some bad things (like they just had to cram in some tropes like the lecherous old man that should've been left in the past) but everything else about that game was 11/10 and I'm still waiting for the Bravely trilogy on the Nintendo Switch :yeah:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mister Facetious posted:

I would love to know how Rare convinced MS to put it on the DS.

To this day, that one port gives me hope.

MS wasn't involved in the handheld market so they were cool with it. Supposedly someone was working on a Halo game for the DS.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

MS wasn't involved in the handheld market so they were cool with it. Supposedly someone was working on a Halo game for the DS.

I think that one was an april fool's joke. I remember the screen caps for it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

i like the job system but the content of that game was insufferable to me. I think i quit when I found the guy who was wearing cologne to seduce women to kill and make more cologne out of them.

That’s pretty much just the plot of Perfume: Story of a Murderer

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

I think that one was an april fool's joke. I remember the screen caps for it.

Basically someone did a Halo-themed romhack of another DS FPS and showed it to Microsoft, who were like “uh, no thanks.”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Microsoft also released Age of Empires on the DS, so it wasn't limited to Rare

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CrossCode when

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I could have been playing Minesweeper on my GBC this entire time? The gently caress

Weedle
May 31, 2006

asecondduck posted:

I could have been playing Minesweeper on my GBC this entire time? The gently caress

gently caress Minesweeper, PORTABLE SKIFREE.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Did that have Microsoft Hover? That game ruled

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chip's Challenge or gtfo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

miiverse the game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
when I played bravely default 2 I felt like I didn't understand at all what age the characters were supposed to actually be because they just randomly would act like 12 year olds sometimes, and also I didn't like any of them at all

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fallom posted:

Chip's Challenge or gtfo

I bought an Atari Lynx in 2006 so I could play portable Chip’s Challenge.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'd pay full price for a Commander Keen collection on the Switch

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gripweed posted:

I'd pay full price for a Commander Keen collection on the Switch

I really don't know why the Keen series was never ported.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fallom posted:

CrossCode when

It's really good

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s pretty much just the plot of Perfume: Story of a Murderer

Weedle posted:

Basically someone did a Halo-themed romhack of another DS FPS and showed it to Microsoft, who were like “uh, no thanks.”
It was an unsolicited pitch by a "a major publisher" and "a known game developer" to Bungie/MS that was also shown to IGN for some reason. It never got past this tech demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qQ7R30nAw

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

^ That's pretty cool.

Weedle posted:

No, the one I'm remembering was a sidescroller then.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ignite Memories posted:

The content of FF5 is exactly right for the time when it was created/released.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know the Pro Controller doesn't work on World Ends With You, but I thought it suppose to have two joy con support. Anytime I try to use it, they get desync and seem to think they are controller one and two. Playing with a single joycon is what killed interest in playing the pokemon game.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

when I played bravely default 2 I felt like I didn't understand at all what age the characters were supposed to actually be because they just randomly would act like 12 year olds sometimes, and also I didn't like any of them at all

Around 20.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Rirse posted:

I know the Pro Controller doesn't work on World Ends With You, but I thought it suppose to have two joy con support. Anytime I try to use it, they get desync and seem to think they are controller one and two. Playing with a single joycon is what killed interest in playing the pokemon game.

I'm pretty sure it only supports a single joycon used as a pointer, essentially emulating the touchscreen controls

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm pretty sure it only supports a single joycon used as a pointer, essentially emulating the touchscreen controls

drat, so much for playing that in tv mode. It just feels weird using a single joy con when your a leftie. I couldn't play Pokemon Let Go for very long for that reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rirse posted:

drat, so much for playing that in tv mode. It just feels weird using a single joy con when your a leftie. I couldn't play Pokemon Let Go for very long for that reason.

Get the Pokeball controller.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Get the Pokeball controller.

That what I was using.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

The best FF is Tactics and should be on the switch and allow you to play with either translation

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Need Ogre Tactics/Battles on the Switch before Dracula can ever be considered defeated by Switch

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

A FFT: War of the Lions port on Switch would make me so happy. I miss that loving game, and I've never played through WotL properly, since the only ports that I can find were to loving cellphones.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonkish posted:

A FFT: War of the Lions port on Switch would make me so happy. I miss that loving game, and I've never played through WotL properly, since the only ports that I can find were to loving cellphones.

PSP and Cellphones, its convenient!

Cellphone gaming is a dire experience says person who beat FF1, 5, and 9 on his cellphone. I also attempted FFT but well.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'll be thrilled if they can make the spellcasting move at normal speed

Or anything at all. I tried playing on my iPhone 7 and everything was hyper speed.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Have not actually gotten that far in the game but I loving love every one of the palette and background options in Downwell. This has to be the best $3 I ever spent.

Whats the minmax upgrades and weapons? Laser weapon feels most powerful to me paired with buying some extra charges, otherwise I need the laser sight upgrade.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Have not actually gotten that far in the game but I loving love every one of the palette and background options in Downwell. This has to be the best $3 I ever spent.

Whats the minmax upgrades and weapons? Laser weapon feels most powerful to me paired with buying some extra charges, otherwise I need the laser sight upgrade.

I'm not very good, but iirc grabbing weapon pickups also gives you bonus (health, +ammo meter, etc) so it's best to just get good with everything and always go for new weapons.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

Need Ogre Tactics/Battles on the Switch before Dracula can ever be considered defeated by Switch

Yes! It's a crying shame they didn't make more ogre games. They were amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Dandara is on sale for 6 bucks if anyone hasn't picked that up yet. It was on sale the week I got a Switch and I passed it up and regretted it