Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Need I remind you that Ello Asty exists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Funzo posted:

Born to Ill is on his card flavor text now :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
TINY STAR DESTROYERS THO

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Keep in mind, we also have a completely unsubtle Moby Dick reference tie fighter

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

Tucker! OddBall! Sinker! Kickback!

These names are loving sub-Insecticon level bad.

Insecticons inferior. V-19s Superior.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Funzo posted:

the difference is that name is awesome.

:colbert:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Republic Preview up

EDIT: Is it me, or are purple actions kinda...crap?
They probably wanted to avoid a swarm of juking attacks with a soft force mod.

The expansion pack has a upgrade with a purple coordinate that will probably be good.

Still, no way am I going to bother with this faction. Droids get buzzbots and double tap Maul.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

They probably wanted to avoid a swarm of juking attacks with a soft force mod.

No force pilots (yet) have the ability to take Talents, so avoiding mass Juke would be as easy as continuing to do just that.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Unless purple actions turn out to be able to be LIned after anything, which I very much doubt, yes, the purple evade is just bad.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Edit: ^^^ I very much doubt that they can be routinely performed in addition to normal actions, (especially considering the purple coordinate upgrade) but there'll probably be shenanigans that allow it through upgrades.

ConfusedUs posted:

No force pilots (yet) have the ability to take Talents, so avoiding mass Juke would be as easy as continuing to do just that.
Oh yeah, of course. Kinda weird then, but we'll probably see things interacting with purple actions eventually.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Edit: ^^^ I very much doubt that they can be routinely performed in addition to normal actions, (especially considering the purple coordinate upgrade) but there'll probably be shenanigans that allow it through upgrades.

Oh yeah, of course. Kinda weird then, but we'll probably see things interacting with purple actions eventually.

Th biggest thing Purple actions do is replace the awkward text on force crew like 'you may spend a force to do a coordinate' with a simple symbol.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
It also makes it easier to retrofit. Like imagine a force power card called Premonition that adds a purple evade to your action bar.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Half-expecting a future upgrade that says "when targeted by an enemy attack you may perform one Force action" or something similar. It does allow them some flexibility on timing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drat not even jedi can get 3 attack. What else is this faction getting at release because these two seem really underwhelming.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
But by having it as a standard action that costs a force, it takes advantage of existing rules to limit actions.

I wonder: will we ever see a pilot talent “Force Sensitive?” Add one recurring force charge.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

We haven't seen new upgrade cards yet, so there might be some cool new stuff coming. We should also be seeing new ARC-170 pilots.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

drat not even jedi can get 3 attack. What else is this faction getting at release because these two seem really underwhelming.

There's the Delta 7B config that gives them an extra red dice, one less green and two more shields. I'm assuming that it won't have two config slots or else it's able to get 4 dice primary in the bullseye with the targeting config.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Where is Anakin? Is Ani ok?

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I am really digging Rebel Lando and I am trying to fine tune a list for a local tournament (hyperspace) in a couple of weeks.
My initial thought was Lando/Wedge/Dutch. I was going to load up Dutch a little since people seem to ignore him. Plus Lando and Dutch’s abilities work well together.
I was then maybe thinking about swapping Dutch for Magva in the Uwing. It is a little tankier, and his ability could help Wedge stay a live a little longer:

Option 1:
Lando Calrissian — Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter 80
Nien Nunb 5
Leia Organa 2
Ship Total: 87
Half Points: 44 Threshold: 7

Wedge Antilles — T-65 X-Wing 52
Servomotor S-foils 0
Ship Total: 52
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 3

“Dutch” Vander — BTL-A4 Y-Wing 39
Ion Cannon Turret 4
Proton Torpedoes 12
Veteran Turret Gunner 6
Ship Total: 61
Half Points: 31 Threshold: 4

Option 2:
Lando Calrissian — Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter 80
Nien Nunb 5
Leia Organa 2
Millennium Falcon 6
Ship Total: 93
Half Points: 47 Threshold: 7

Wedge Antilles — T-65 X-Wing 52
Crack Shot 1
Servomotor S-foils 0
Ship Total: 53
Half Points: 27 Threshold: 3

Magva Yarro — UT-60D U-Wing 50
Tactical Officer 2
Pivot Wing 0
Ship Total: 52
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 4

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Raged posted:

There’s only room for one smooth criminal here, and his name is Lando :colbert:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Raged posted:

I assume he'll be in the standalone Aethersprite.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

FWIW, people still argue that Qi'ra doesn't allow attacks whilst on locked obstacles.

It's dumb, but there you go.

I've been thinking about this. I can understand the argument, that Qi'ra's ability only triggers when moving or attacking, and if you're overlapping an asteroid you cannot attack and thus not trigger her ability to ignore the asteroid.

I don't agree with it though. There's not a clear step in which "when attacking" begins. Engage has a clear path: when you activate at your initiative during the engagement phase, even if you don't perform an attack. OK.

I think you could really rule it either way. There's slightly more rules support for disallowing the attack but it doesn't feel right.

I'm trying to think of a cleaner way to word that card without an FAQ. If you said "ignore obstacles while you engage" that would be cleaner, because you engage even if you don't attack, therefore you'd certainly be able to ignore the rule about attacking while on an asteroid. That would still allow the other rulings about trick shot and bonus dice to hold.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Raged posted:

He's in his personal colours in the expac.

canyoneer posted:

I've been thinking about this. I can understand the argument, that Qi'ra's ability only triggers when moving or attacking, and if you're overlapping an asteroid you cannot attack and thus not trigger her ability to ignore the asteroid.

I don't agree with it though. There's not a clear step in which "when attacking" begins. Engage has a clear path: when you activate at your initiative during the engagement phase, even if you don't perform an attack. OK.

I think you could really rule it either way. There's slightly more rules support for disallowing the attack but it doesn't feel right.

I'm trying to think of a cleaner way to word that card without an FAQ. If you said "ignore obstacles while you engage" that would be cleaner, because you engage even if you don't attack, therefore you'd certainly be able to ignore the rule about attacking while on an asteroid. That would still allow the other rulings about trick shot and bonus dice to hold.

I understand the argument, and it's probably correct by RAW, but the intention, given that FAQ, is blindingly obvious.
And yeah, like half a dozen similar elements, it could have trivially been better written. But FFG don't write for the technical crowd, they write for the people who read what they want the rules to say, not what they say. Despite this game having a massive OP community that wants single solid rules interpretations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

I understand the argument, and it's probably correct by RAW, but the intention, given that FAQ, is blindingly obvious.

I agree.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There are days where I want to go all Liam Neeson on FFG's rulebooks. (Edit: This is a Taken joke. I had no idea about his recent psycho racist tirade thing. Wow, that sure is something)

I know who you are. I know what you need, but aren't capable of doing. If you are looking for rules, I can tell you I really like money, and what I have is a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for rules lawyers like your players.

If you let me write your rules, that'll be the end of it. They will look for loopholes, they will not find them, and if they do, I will fix them and I will kill them...I mean I will do it right.

Step 1: Write a loving lexicon that includes the official names of every ability and interaction and timing.
Step 2: Write every card using only the words and phrases from this lexicon. Do not deviate. Do not say "at the end of the round" on one card and "when the round ends" on another.
Step 3: Write the rulebook using this lexicon. Do not deviate.
Step 4: If you use the same phrase more than once and it's not in the lexicon, add it to the lexicon
Step 5: Repeat step 4 as often as possible

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 5, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

go all Liam Neeson

Prooooobably not a phrase you want to use any more. Just sayin

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

I honestly thought ConfusedUs meant 'go on a racist tirade' in the context it was used.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I thought he meant torpedo a 40 year career in a single interview.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Wow did I miss some Neeson drama?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Wow did I miss some Neeson drama?

Yes. You really did

edit: Tl:DR, he admitted in an interview that after a friend was assaulted, he wandered around looking for a random "Black Bastard"* to murder in revenge.

*direct quote.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 5, 2019

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That is very bad

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

That is very bad

Yeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh.

Hence why the thread all went "WTF" on you there.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Glad nobody went all Liam Neeson on ConfusedUs.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Glad nobody went all Liam Neeson on ConfusedUs.

One time I wanted to murder a random x-wing player, but I started powerwalking and it saved me

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
...and don't get him started on Gungans. Just the worst.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeesh. I definitely see why you guys went WTF.

Just to be clear: This was a Taken joke. I had no idea about his recent psycho racist tirade thing. That sure is something.

I edited that disclaimer in there too.

Yikes

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeesh. I definitely see why you guys went WTF.

Just to be clear: This was a Taken joke. I had no idea about his recent psycho racist tirade thing. That sure is something.

I edited that disclaimer in there too.

Yikes

That was not unclear, I just wanted to point something out o which you might not have been aware.

Turns out, entirely correctly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

That was not unclear, I just wanted to point something out o which you might not have been aware.

Turns out, entirely correctly.

Yeah it's really hard to know which old white dudes are really racist or sex offenders or whatever. These days it seems like all of them.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
To be fair, it was over 40 years ago, and he admits it was super-hosed up and he's appalled by his actions and he sought help and guidance afterward.

It's not like there is photo evidence and he decides to hunker down and be a dick about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Still though, you don't have to tell people everything