Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I kinda feel like the author doesn't have a great idea of what they want to do with Rizu compared to the other characters. She kinda stopped being beep boop robot does not understand emotions, which is good because that is kind of one note, but her recent appearances seem to have mostly been just trying on different roles. Maybe that will be her overall arc, but it doesn't feel well connected right now.

Basically she needs more time with Sekijou. Also is it just me or does it seem like she has gotten taller?

I agree. This chapter especially shows how Uruka and Nariyuki are growing (almost makes me think the story is going somewhere with them, but then I remember this is officially speaking a harem manga), but Rizu is remaining static.
Annoyingly, because her focus shifted from "beepboop, must play games and have big breasts" to "have big breasts and hug Nariyuki", she's a become lot closer to typical Harem Manga girls.
:byodame: "Main character is feeling down! I shall hug him with my breasts!"

Meanwhile Furuhashi has started a brother sister relationship and worked through her dad issues and Uruka and Nariyuki are slowly discovering they like each other.
The best thing that could happen to her is to probably learn more about feeling from Sekijo and hopefully discover her own gender preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Latest Eden Zero is out on Comixology (presumably CR and others) and they actually went into the victims of the chronophage pegging it at 90% of the planet’s populace which is good of Hiro to acknowledge that plus having Rebecca realise just how bad the situation was was a nice touch.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Paracelsus posted:

I think that was Puni Puni Poemi.

Yup, Cheers. My friends got these grey pants with absurd pom poms on drawstrings and I could not get these guys out of my head.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope Beastars gets an anime at some point because it's just so weird.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
A bunch of Orient chapters have dropped on mangadex

https://mangadex.org/title/27243/orient

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I'm still waiting for Orient to really capture me in the way that Magi in its prime did, but drat, it's had some moments:

Also, Ohtaka's foot fetish returns with a vengeance:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/96/page/1

We never learn! Plot! And not the kind you're thinking of.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Mulderman posted:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/96/page/1

We never learn! Plot! And not the kind you're thinking of.

I take everything back, fluffy glasses Uruka is the actual best girl.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

new jujutsu kaisen chapter

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/jujutsu-kaisen/en/0/44/page/1

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 27, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
All of the Viz stuff dropped early, so go check out the Official Jump site.

Meanwhile, on Chainsaw Man:

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 27, 2019

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsaw man ftw.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Want to read legal manga but have no access to Viz where you live?
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/#/updates

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That reader is so much better than Viz's site.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's hard not to be better than viz's reader because theirs is terrible. at least it doesn't require flash anymore

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulderman posted:

Want to read legal manga but have no access to Viz where you live?
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/#/updates

Still don't have access to that cause it's not available in Korea as usual.

They say Korea has its own services but I dunno where to find them.

EDIT: At least the Viz thing isn't based on region once you get an apk from somewhere. I'll see if the MangaPlus this is the same way.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

All of the Viz stuff dropped early, so go check out the Official Jump site.

Meanwhile, on Chainsaw Man:

You can't argue with dedication. I'm a little worried about where the Mangaka is taking this though.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

SpazmasterX posted:

I take everything back, fluffy glasses Uruka is the actual best girl.

One of the neat things about the art in WCS/WNL is how the girls can wear wigs and glasses, change their hairstyle, etc. and you can still tell instantly who's who.

Unlike Nariyuki.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mirage posted:

One of the neat things about the art in WCS/WNL is how the girls can wear wigs and glasses, change their hairstyle, etc. and you can still tell instantly who's who.

Unlike Nariyuki.

Hey he had the wrong prescription contacts, cut him some slack. It's a wonder he could see at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

You can't argue with dedication. I'm a little worried about where the Mangaka is taking this though.

chainsaw is gonna cut the bat in half and the girl will be fine but the cat won't be imo

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I can't believe this series is almost 10 volumes deep and the title "We Never Learn" is printed all over the Japanese volumes and merch and scans are still sticking to their guns with "We Can't Study." I wonder if it's a refusal to be wrong or just apathy but either way it boggles the mind. I've seen series that kept their Japanese name before but never one that stubbornly clung to an old translation.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also Neolations' second arc basically just ended and it's like anime black mirror but worse

'what if computer hack U'

B̫͔̠̟̭̲l҉̣̼a̴̩̙c̠̞̞̱̖͍͖k̸̘̥̙̭ M͕̤̰̦͚̱̘i͚͈͚͈ṛ̦r̬͜o̦̺r

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I can't believe this series is almost 10 volumes deep and the title "We Never Learn" is printed all over the Japanese volumes and merch and scans are still sticking to their guns with "We Can't Study." I wonder if it's a refusal to be wrong or just apathy but either way it boggles the mind. I've seen series that kept their Japanese name before but never one that stubbornly clung to an old translation.

I guess you could say that these scanlators CAN'T STUDY.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gimme da anime

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2019-01-30/beastars-manga-to-have-important-announcement-next-week/.142687

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I guess you could say that these scanlators CAN'T STUDY.

Well the literal translation of the Japanese title is "We Can't Study" and "We Never Learn" adds an extra pun in English that wasn't originally intended by the author and *disappears up own butt*

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

I read through this entirely after someone mentioned it earlier in the thread and it can only be described as bizarrely interesting.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New we never study

A very sweet chapter. :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nariyuki's a good kid. They're all good kids.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Good god Tokyo Ghoul's story is confusing(especially the sequel, :RE). Like 100 different characters(It's gotta be more than even Bleach), some with extremely similar names and/or faces, constantly dying, switching sides, and coming back from the dead. It doesn't help that the art sometimes gets as hard to follow as Trigun.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 4, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RatHat posted:

Good god Tokyo Ghoul's story is confusing(especially the sequel, :RE). Like 100 different characters(It's gotta be more than even Bleach), some with extremely similar names and/or faces, constantly dying, switching sides, and coming back from the dead. It doesn't help that the art sometimes gets as hard to follow as Trigun.

I haven't read Re: in a while, though I found that it ended up becoming less confusing after a while (some point around when that one guy on his police team died is when it started to become easier for me to follow). Completely agree about the action scenes often being extremely confusing to follow, though.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Mikl posted:

Nariyuki's a good kid. They're all good kids.

Maybe not super appropriate for the headmaster to call Kirisu-sensei the "Ice Queen" to her face, though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Apparently Beastars anime confirmed.

Please let it get a good studio and not be cg.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cg anime was a mistake

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

So today I saw a chapter of World Trigger popping up on Mangastream. And it made me wonder: Why bother?

I mean I get wanting to be the first and getting chapters out on friday. But once the official translation is done, and available for most of the planet on Mangaplus legally. Why still take the effort of translating it?
Why not focus on a series that is not covered officially.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Mulderman posted:

So today I saw a chapter of World Trigger popping up on Mangastream. And it made me wonder: Why bother?

I mean I get wanting to be the first and getting chapters out on friday. But once the official translation is done, and available for most of the planet on Mangaplus legally. Why still take the effort of translating it?
Why not focus on a series that is not covered officially.

More views, more ad money pretty much. They still translate One Piece and Dragon Ball Super too among any of the others that have official translations

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, but the large sites offer those up 2 days before the official release. I get that.

What puzzles me is scanning/cleaning and translating a chapter, that's officially available for a couple of days now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

because people still go to them for those scans. it doesn't matter that they're available legally and freely by some official sites

yea they'll lose some regular readers but not all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
manga plus is still relatively new. it'll take time for word of mouth to spread.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the world trigger scans stopped months ago and the stuff on mangaplus doesn't directly continue from that point, so...

i could be looking in the wrong places though, maybe someone has been keeping up with releases

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

the world trigger scans stopped months ago and the stuff on mangaplus doesn't directly continue from that point, so...

i could be looking in the wrong places though, maybe someone has been keeping up with releases

ms was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsaw man ftw.