Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Saints. Seahawks if they can get a couple more pieces. Vikings bounce back maybe?

Philly if they go with Foles?

Yeah, Seahawks aren't great, but they only really have 4 glaring holes. And after they resign their own dudes and give out Frank Clark's new contract, they'll still have something like $30 million for FA.

Order of Need:
1. DE
2. RT
3. OLB
4. S

(then WR/DB depth)

Between a strong defensive draft class and a good FA class, they can easily address those top three. And safety is a weird spot because they have a great veteran safety they picked up in FA, and then two super young dudes battling it out for the other spot. The young dudes aren't great but they are really cheap so they are kind of earning their contract.

I'm not saying they're going to stomp the Saints and reign for a thousand years of NFC dominance, but they are close to being an actual deep playoff threat.

otoh, Brian Schottie :smith:

e: otoh,

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1092285388805234688

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We'd definitely be in a better position if we hadn't pissed off our future Hall of Fame safety by not paying him his goddamn money

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Are you upset with his comments over the weekend? He pissed off A LOT of Chiefs fans.
I don't think I care too much about the comments. I just remember him being a dick to people when he was out and about in the city and at training camp. A hecka good Tight End, but he's about the 3rd least pleasant sportsman I've dealt with.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Manoueverable posted:

We'd definitely be in a better position if we hadn't pissed off our future Hall of Fame safety by not paying him his goddamn money

Yeah, that was a mind boggling stupid move by the FO. He basically wanted a fair raise of a few million dollars.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Saints. Seahawks if they can get a couple more pieces. Vikings bounce back maybe?

Can't win with Cousins

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Saints' window closes next year and they have a poo poo ton of holes and no draft picks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Intruder posted:

Can't win with Cousins

Do you actually believe this

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

a neat cape posted:

The AFC is good, it just happens to contain an unstoppable dynasty.

This is what happpens when a dynasty meets an incompetent at best division.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
I don't know if this is part of a joke but people are reporting that only 4 people were at the airport to welcome the Rams back to Los Angeles.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't think I care too much about the comments. I just remember him being a dick to people when he was out and about in the city and at training camp. A hecka good Tight End, but he's about the 3rd least pleasant sportsman I've dealt with.

Wow really? That's disappointing. I always figured he was super nice :smith:

Also, Atlanta with a competent OC again and hopefully not an injury plagued season could absolutely emerge from the NFC again to lose another superb owl.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

cpranger posted:

I don't know if this is part of a joke but people are reporting that only 4 people were at the airport to welcome the Rams back to Los Angeles.

More than I expected!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mega64 posted:

More than I expected!

Yeah but that's counting the airline gate crew.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Nodoze posted:

Do you actually believe this

How much more do you need to see?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Some dude in Boston going to the parade got hit by a train and died today.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some dude in Boston going to the parade got hit by a train and died today.

I hope it was one of these people.

https://twitter.com/agreenphotog/status/1092788237310091266

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

but that's a red sox thing....shoulda been singing whitney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6S3UlzjKA

https://twitter.com/Campbell93/status/1092262340874129409

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ugghggggh

Obviously I don’t have the perspective of being from another big sports city but is there anything more eye rolling insufferable than Red Sox culture? Maybe New York or Chicago does some poo poo like this I don’t know but it can’t be as bad as all the quasi religious poo poo that surrounds the Red Sox. The other Boston teams don’t have this dumb crap, it’s all Red Sox stuff and it infests the other teams.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 5, 2019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ugghggggh

Obviously I don’t have the perspective of being from another big sports city but is there anything more eye rolling moly insufferable than Red Sox culture? Maybe New York or Chicago does some poo poo like this I don’t know but it can’t be as bad as all the quasi religious poo poo that surrounds the Red Sox.

Yankees culture, Cowboys culture, Lakers culture... hockey fans tend to be lily white and actually riot when they win poo poo.

But none of that touches college sports fans, where defending rape factories is the norm.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yankees culture, Cowboys culture, Lakers culture... hockey fans tend to be lily white and actually riot when they win poo poo.

But none of that touches college sports fans, where defending rape factories is the norm.

Do any of them have a semi-official anthem that’s about an adult man creeping on a pubescent girl?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
How were the ratings for the game? I know that most people I watched with last year did not watch it and I was on the road driving when it happened.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mr. Nice! posted:

How were the ratings for the game? I know that most people I watched with last year did not watch it and I was on the road driving when it happened.

poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

the lowest since Steelers-Seahawks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

100 million down 5% from last season. Lowest since Super Bowl 43 which was Steelers/Cardinals.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Worst since Steelers/Cards after the '08 season I think I saw.

e: Oh was it Steelers/Hawks?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

Yeah, college sports fans tend to be INSANELY tribal, and would defend someone who commits heinous poo poo if it gets them a championship. Now, mind you, I've never seen that of posters here (which is a nice change), but look at how Ohio State fans took Urban's suspension this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

iospace posted:

Yeah, college sports fans tend to be INSANELY tribal, and would defend someone who commits heinous poo poo if it gets them a championship. Now, mind you, I've never seen that of posters here (which is a nice change), but look at how Ohio State fans took Urban's suspension this year.

I forgot if there were any Penn State defenders here back in 2011.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

iospace posted:

i envy your ability to block general dog from your mind

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Paging Mel.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Reminder that in LA the Super Bowl had worse ratings than the national average.

The Rams are transcendent frauds who shouldn't exist. Moving them to Alaska would net better ratings and stadium attendance lmao.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

there undoubtedly were

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Worse, there was a Sandusky defender. Who claimed he was a high school teacher. And hung out in the recruiting thread a lot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Our very own mel was one

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Worse, there was a Sandusky defender. Who claimed he was a high school teacher. And hung out in the recruiting thread a lot.

That doesn’t bode well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Roasted Donut became sheriff of the penn state thread because the mods were even sick of dealing with the defenders.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Edit: nevermind

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

where the haich is SIX RING SHRIMP.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

where the haich is SIX RING SHRIMP.

Run over by a victory train, tragic.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Pats front did this to the Chiefs OL too in the AFCCG. Simple, constant stunts and loops and coffee house blitzes (new term I just learned) confused the poo poo out of the Chiefs interior line. If Mahomes wasn’t a wizard in his ability to create on his own, an anti-Goff if you will, KC would not have scored more than 10 points

I think it’s why Bill is such a genius coach. He found a way to manufacture a pass rush with untalented defenders via scheme and opponent tape study

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So basically a bunch of guards are about to get loving PAID in free agency as everyone tries to get competent interior linemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Also it seems Marcus Peters had a pretty good game, that’s good I was a little sad about the overblown he sucks now narrative he has gotten since becoming a Ram