Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jwbens/status/1092812687317315584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The more you look at that defensive performance, the more insane it was. That was the kind of horror show that historically great defenses inflicted on people. Except we have like 45 years of accumulated rule changes favoring the offense now and that Patriots defense probably had 0 future Hall of Famers on it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Cash Monet posted:

How much more do you need to see?

The Vikings have a lot of problems, Kirk Cousins isn't one of them

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hightower should be in the hall for pretty much winning three super bowls. plus he's one of only two pats jerseys i own and probably ever will own (the other's butler). he's the best.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sean10mm posted:

The more you look at that defensive performance, the more insane it was. That was the kind of horror show that historically great defenses inflicted on people. Except we have like 45 years of accumulated rule changes favoring the offense now and that Patriots defense probably had 0 future Hall of Famers on it.

The defense barely has any pro bowlers on it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Vikings would be fine with a better offensive line.

Of course their financial / talent situation is such that they're going to be shedding talent / having guys age out of their primes and need to be replaced, but meh, they're a good draft away from having a good shot.

Of course like 20 teams are in that situation, and good drafts are hard and flukey, so...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

Wow really? That's disappointing. I always figured he was super nice :smith:

Never meet your heroes.

Darren Sproles is one of the biggest assholes I've ever met

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The defense barely has any pro bowlers on it.

Gilmore was the only one.

If you mean EVER, that's still like Hightower (once) and... half of the McCourtys?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gronk is currently drinking right out of a bottle of wine on the flat bed truck. I guess he’s matured from shotgunning beers.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Also it seems Marcus Peters had a pretty good game, that’s good I was a little sad about the overblown he sucks now narrative he has gotten since becoming a Ram

He really benefited from Talib coming back.

W/O Talib: Allowed a completion percentage of 70.7%, 6 TDs, and a Passter Rating of 129.

W/ Talib: Allowed a completion percentage of 58.8%, 0 TDs, and a Passer Rating of 58.8.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gronk is currently drinking right out of a bottle of wine on the flat bed truck. I guess he’s matured from shotgunning beers.

Smashed with class.

*Extends pinky while guzzling MD2020*

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

Never meet your heroes.

Tom Brady is a great dude, especially if you want to talk about sleep and recovery.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick hated Gonzalez since he didn’t block well. Pretty sure if he was offered the choice of Gonzo in his prime or Dwayne Allen right now he’d go for Allen.
I'm not sure Aaron Hernandez ever threw a block in his life and he was doing great under Bill until he killed a bunch of people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Tom Brady is a great dude, especially if you want to talk about sleep and recovery.

I know about the Maga hat and the golfing with Trump a while back. I know. And that sucks. But I’ve had personal interactions with Brady and between that and everything I’ve heard from stuff like autograph sessions and charity events he’s not close to being a dickhead.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Never meet your heroes.

I think the only nfl player I have ever met was Steve McNair and he was really nice. :rip:

I once saw Scott Williams (lovely Bulls player from way back) and Ray Allen at a Cubs/Brewers game and Scott gave me a man hug and was super talkative and Ray was a huge rear end hat that wouldn't even acknowledge people.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know about the Maga hat and the golfing with Trump a while back. I know. And that sucks. But I’ve had personal interactions with Brady and between that and everything I’ve heard from stuff like autograph sessions and charity events he’s not close to being a dickhead.

Oh I know a lot of them are fantastic. I've had tons of interactions with Chargers players over the years and 90% were great.

Dwight Freeney, Darren Sproles, and Larry English are just exceptions

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I was really really lucky for my teens and early 20s because my mom worked at the regional Pepsi HQ and often acted as the liaison between that Pepsi office and Gillette Stadium which Pepsi is partnered with. So I got access to a lot of cool stuff with the Pats.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Joe Horn was a nice dude as far as I could tell. He used to walk around the Esplanade Mall and talk with anyone who wanted.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The best way to describe Donald Trump, since forever, is that he is a huge failure, and he knows that. So, he tries to latch onto actual achievers, to get some of that shine to rub off on him.

That is a bad combination for someone like Tom, who genuinely wants to be a good dude with everyone, and didn't have that presence of mind to filter out those that are trying to latch on for their own gain. He does now, there's no way he is going to the White House this year.

Also, and this happened to another guy, if anyone famous happens to golf on a Trump property while Trump is there, he demands to join that golfing group. Not friends, but Trump demands that you act like friends.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

The best way to describe Donald Trump, since forever, is that he is a huge failure, and he knows that. So, he tries to latch onto actual achievers, to get some of that shine to rub off on him.

That is a bad combination for someone like Tom, who genuinely wants to be a good dude with everyone, and didn't have that presence of mind to filter out those that are trying to latch on for their own gain. He does now, there's no way he is going to the White House this year.

Also, and this happened to another guy, if anyone famous happens to golf on a Trump property while Trump is there, he demands to join that golfing group. Not friends, but Trump demands that you act like friends.

Didn't Nixon also do this

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Brady’s politics have always been poo poo like most privileged white men. It sucks but that’ll always be the case for your sports heroes if your team employs any white dudes.

So yeah ban white people from the NFL IMO so we wont have to worry about this again.

At least Brady believes in environmental conservation and poo poo because of his wife. So he has energy efficient light bulbs and paper straws in his mansion on the estate. I’ll take it.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 5, 2019

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

Didn't Nixon also do this

Nixon did this, but Nixon didn't come to it as a quasi-celebrity like Trump, who can play the "I am also famous, rich, and very successful" card with others. It's all a total sham, of course.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady’s politics have always been poo poo like most privileged white men. It sucks but that’ll always be the case for your sports heroes if your team employs any white dudes.

So yeah ban white people from the NFL IMO so we wont have to worry about this again.

At least Brady believes in environmental conservation and poo poo because of his wife. So he has energy efficient light bulbs and paper straws in his mansion on the estate. I’ll take it.

Yeah, all rich people suck, it's just a matter of degrees. Being a normal rich rear end still beats his attempts to push his insane weirdo nutrition ideas though.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ugghggggh

Obviously I don’t have the perspective of being from another big sports city but is there anything more eye rolling insufferable than Red Sox culture? Maybe New York or Chicago does some poo poo like this I don’t know but it can’t be as bad as all the quasi religious poo poo that surrounds the Red Sox. The other Boston teams don’t have this dumb crap, it’s all Red Sox stuff and it infests the other teams.

Red Sox fans are by far the most insufferable fans in baseball. It was incredible how quickly they dethroned Yankee fans.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kalli posted:

Yeah, all rich people suck, it's just a matter of degrees. Being a normal rich rear end still beats his attempts to push his insane weirdo nutrition ideas though.

He has good ideas, great ideas, sensible ideas

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AsInHowe posted:

He has good ideas, great ideas, sensible ideas

It's 2013, Trump and Brady are together at some faux-charity dinner and both are just staring at the other as Trump slathers some shoe leather in ketchup and Brady is picking through a chopped salad removing every root vegetable.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

belichick writing trump that letter was loving unconscionable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Our center David Andrews took his shirt off. Ewww

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The worst fans? If you ask me, sports fan base expert, it would be Cubs fans.

Is there a bet on whether Tom Brady will kiss Trump on the mouth and if so what are the odds

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Hot Diggity! posted:

Is there a bet on whether Tom Brady will kiss Trump on the mouth and if so what are the odds

The worst fans in terms of violence are Ohio State, the worst in terms of rationalization are Michigan State.

Blackhawks and Bears fans are way worse than Cubs fans.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Hot Diggity! posted:

You are just a biased Brewers fan :colbert:

Also, been a rough offseason for AB...

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1092828438380142596

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1092824555540762624

e: you fucker

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

While knowing absolutely nothing about this I'm going to presume AB did this on purpose to intentionally lower his trade value.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Never meet your heroes.

Wait what :(

I love Sproles :cry:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I do a lot of business with FedEx and sometimes they throw me tickets but one time they did a big thing at Gillette with Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty and those two are so goddamn nice they thanked me for coming to a random FedEx dinner

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

I do a lot of business with FedEx and sometimes they throw me tickets but one time they did a big thing at Gillette with Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty and those two are so goddamn nice they thanked me for coming to a random FedEx dinner

Devin is really cool.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

You are just a biased Brewers fan :colbert:

Also, been a rough offseason for AB...

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1092828438380142596

I blame everything on that stupid loving mustache.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Pats front did this to the Chiefs OL too in the AFCCG. Simple, constant stunts and loops and coffee house blitzes (new term I just learned) confused the poo poo out of the Chiefs interior line. If Mahomes wasn’t a wizard in his ability to create on his own, an anti-Goff if you will, KC would not have scored more than 10 points

I think it’s why Bill is such a genius coach. He found a way to manufacture a pass rush with untalented defenders via scheme and opponent tape study

in the cundiff game the patriots did nothing but force wilfork one on one with matt birk and i got to watch a center be picked up by his ankles and spun around in circles till he hit the quarterback for 4 full quarters

at least matt birk deserved it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ELO Musk posted:

Wait what :(

I love Sproles :cry:

Short man syndrome is a real thing and Sproles has it in spades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007