Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
pup good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Yall gently caress with Hank Wood and the Hammerheads? Gonna go see em tomorrow night and howl at the drat moon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apN2VISFmb4

They're fuckin' rip-poo poo raise-hell New York punk rock. If you can listen to this real loud and not tear your shirt off and chug a cheap beer you don't have a heart in your chest. gently caress you, these guys fuckin' rule.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RX2utbotgI

prayer group fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 23, 2019

Stooge
Aug 27, 2018

new FIDLAR album is uhhh

something

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
PUP's videos continue to rule incredibly hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iVrOOCYD80

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If I like Saosin's input with Anthony Green, in specific the incredible Translating the Name EP, what would be a record/ep that you'd potentially recommend me?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wark Say posted:

If I like Saosin's input with Anthony Green, in specific the incredible Translating the Name EP, what would be a record/ep that you'd potentially recommend me?

The first Circa Survive album has a little bit of the same feeling, but honestly I've been looking for an answer to this question too.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Inspector_666 posted:

They're going on tour. To a lot of places (like, even here in the lovely midwest). Grab your tickets, folks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ferrule posted:

They're going on tour. To a lot of places (like, even here in the lovely midwest). Grab your tickets, folks.

The Brooklyn show sold out way before I remembered to buy a ticket :(

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

drat I love these guys so much.

quote:

Done and done. See y'all in Philly.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Dirtyness posted:

drat I love these guys so much.

The cinematic universe they've built in their videos is so loving good.

REMEMBER THE PACT STEVE

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 31, 2019

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

The cinematic universe they've built in their videos is so loving good.

REMEMBER THE PACT STEVE

Was totally not expecting that callback and had a big stupid grin on my face the whole time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_666 posted:

The first Circa Survive album has a little bit of the same feeling, but honestly I've been looking for an answer to this question too.
Indeed. Even with Along the Shadow being an OK follow up from that musical thread, it's still doesn't give you the same high. :(

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Wark Say posted:

There could potentially be something for you on PM Today's record "In Medias Res" - they reach some of the same highs as Anthony, though it's not as straight up post-hardcore-ish as Saosin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvP9jOpaDzA

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Eight Is Legend posted:

There could potentially be something for you on PM Today's record "In Medias Res" - they reach some of the same highs as Anthony, though it's not as straight up post-hardcore-ish as Saosin:

Strong backing on this rec, one of my favorite albums ever

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Ferrule posted:

they're playing houston on a friday night i have almost no excuse to not go

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Parachute posted:

they're playing houston on a friday night i have almost no excuse to not go

Bitch, I'm going on a Wednesday. Get yer tickets.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eight Is Legend posted:

I very much liked this! Once I have the time to get to it, I'll buy the record. Thanks! :)

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

deadwing posted:

Strong backing on this rec, one of my favorite albums ever

Yeah, it's so good. I forget about it every now and then, but then I rediscover it and am like "why don't I listen to this all the time?"

Glad you enjoyed it, Wark Say!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Wark Say posted:

Might be off the mark but i love love love the Chiodos EP The Heartless Control Everything. Their full albums are just ok.

And a more obvious suggestion, I Remember When This All Meant Something by Audience of One

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Might be off the mark but i love love love the Chiodos EP The Heartless Control Everything. Their full albums are just ok.

And a more obvious suggestion, I Remember When This All Meant Something by Audience of One

They were the last band I saw out on Long Island before I left for college, right after Alls Well That Ends Well came out. There was a small contingent of folks up at the "stage" who were very much not used to LI hardcore shows and they were all on the opposite end of the room by the end of the first song, it was pretty funny.

Full disclosure that was also the last show I went to on LI where I wasn't among the 10 oldest people in the room and I 100% cannot stand up front at shows in Amityville anymore.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
drat, Tim Landers died. I loved a lot of the earliest Transit stuff. This sucks :smith:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When Thursday do their multiple-night bookings, I'm guessing it's essentially the same gig with regards to support acts except Thursday play a different record? I'm going to both locally, but will probably try to get to day 2 just before Thursday come on if that's the case (rushing back from a hockey game the other side of the county).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The support acts typically play the same sets though a couple times they’ll swap out a song or two, buts that philly/jersey shows

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cool that’s what I thought. Makes my life a little easier at least, thanks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Tried the Chiodos EP. Wasn't what I was looking for, but I dug it. Audience of One, however, both:
  1. Scratched that itch nicely, and...
  2. Made me remember that Tony is a goddamn hard-worker.
Thanks! :dance:

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED

drat this is what I get for not reading the thread for a while. Wish I got tickets to this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pie Colony posted:

drat this is what I get for not reading the thread for a while. Wish I got tickets to this

They added more shows. Don’t know they’re having the same problem as the first ones where everything was immediately on the secondary market for $800.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ticket resell scalpers are so punk rock

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Somehow I completely missed PUP's announcement and stumbling onto it in this thread loving rules.

I am extremely excited.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Alexisonfire are back

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
SIGN ME THE HELL UP. :dance:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:yeah:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Scenecore thread is archived I’m guessing.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
[onlookers booing]

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my loving god hahahahaha

https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1096056568787947520

Parachute
May 18, 2003

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

[onlookers booing]

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm going to see Russian Circles (post-metal) tomorrow and just now checking out their opener, Gouge Away, who are hardcore/post-hardcore. They're awesome! I definitely should've looked into them earlier, and I'm excited to see them live now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biufh9d6alE

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 19, 2019

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Yeah I saw them a couple months ago and it was pretty good and I think they played pretty much that exact set. Their live sound feels pretty true to the albums, so that's good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve seen RC like 4 times it’s always a loving sick show, get close to the stage and they have big fans to blow the drummers hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve seen RC like 4 times it’s always a loving sick show, get close to the stage and they have big fans to blow the drummers hair
Hell yeah it is! This'll be my 3rd or 4th time seeing them as well.